Acutally, ALL BB's default to letters in input fields... Stinks and is a nuance that I am not sure how it will be dealt with in later versions (I'm not a SW Eng.)

Glad to have solved your prior issue. I knew it had to be something simple.

Not really a big deal with the default to letters, but I wonder why the "wrong" version did this whereas the proper version does not.

I should get to try the SW out again this weekend on a course I am familiar with to see how it goes out there. IMO it is a great application for those who already own a smartphone and don't want to buy another device, especially at the $300+ price point for many GPS units.

A few "would be cool if" ideas:
    1) Leverage the google maps site and somehow create a hole flyover with the lat/lon coordinates for the tee and green. I know that based on carrier and bandwidth this may not be feasible, but perhaps the device can preload once the player approaches the previous green or gets within x yards of it?

2) Add a "mark this spot for shot with this club" feature. To help hone in on distances with each club in the bag and keep a record.

3) Add a scorecard.

4) Allow search by course name or partial course name. Sometimes I can't remember the zip code for where a course is, but I know the name.
    03-26-09 07:01 AM

A few "would be cool if" ideas:
    1) Leverage the google maps site and somehow create a hole flyover with the lat/lon coordinates for the tee and green. I know that based on carrier and bandwidth this may not be feasible, but perhaps the device can preload once the player approaches the previous green or gets within x yards of it?
    Banwith is an issue... Coverage is MORE important. Lets just say that the limitations and its just a ge-wiz factor make this one a no-for for now. Basically, on a golf course you can see most of the stuff that you can hit into. A flyover doesn't add much value, takes a TON of memory or bandwith, and slows the device. Golfers already complain about slow play, were here to speed things up, not slow them down. Also, remember that in much of the rest of the world, users pay by the bit with no unlimited plans.

2) Add a "mark this spot for shot with this club" feature. To help hone in on distances with each club in the bag and keep a record.
    This is already working on our WM and Palm versions. We need a BB developer to get this going on the next BB versions. Do you know anyone who will work for stock or rounds of golf in the SF Bay Area?

3) Add a scorecard.
    Already in the iPhone version, so its in the PRD.

4) Allow search by course name or partial course name. Sometimes I can't remember the zip code for where a course is, but I know the name.
    Maybe, maybe not. More likely will be some combination of text/zip search and LBS. Lets just say that searching by name really stinks when there are a dozen or more courses with the EXACT same name in the US.
    03-27-09 01:17 AM
    This is the area to chat about the GolfTraxx application. Input on the application functions, UI, errors, etc., are game here.
    Is it possible to get a free trial of your application?

I'm on a Verizon Curve 8330 and I'm not certain it will work on my phone. I DO NOT have an external puck.
    03-28-09 01:07 PM
    How does this compare to SkyCaddie, which i do not like very well. Can i use it on alltel.

do you have courses in AR
    03-29-09 09:35 PM
    Hi Ohio,

You can use GolfTraxx on a VZ Curve with either the VZ Nav product ($10/mo to VZ) OR the external puck/fob.

You CAN get a free copy by mapping a course that is not already mapped in GolfTraxx. Hit this URL and change the zip code to one near you to find courses needing to be mapped:

GolfTraxx - Products

Then, map a course, send it in, an viol'a, we'll send you a link to the file.

Is it possible to get a free trial of your application?

I'm on a Verizon Curve 8330 and I'm not certain it will work on my phone. I DO NOT have an external puck.
    03-30-09 12:34 AM
    We REALLY like how we compare to SkyCaddie.

1 - No extra hardware to worry about being charged, lost, synched.
    2 - No extra charges for courses outside your 'region'.
    3 - Great accuracy
    4 - OUTSTANDING Customer service

I can't remember any issues with alltel.

I know of at least a dozen AR courses. Since we are a community supported group, you can always map your favorite course(s) using our mapping guide(s) found here. GolfTraxx - Contact

How does this compare to SkyCaddie, which i do not like very well. Can i use it on alltel.

do you have courses in AR
    03-30-09 12:50 AM
    I would love to have a copy of golf traxx. Every single course that is in my area is already mapped. I don't feel comfortable mapping a course that I don't know the layout for. Can I map a driving range with the distance's for the greens and still qualify to get the sotfware?
    03-30-09 01:33 AM
    Hi Ohio,

You can use GolfTraxx on a VZ Curve with either the VZ Nav product ($10/mo to VZ) OR the external puck/fob.

You CAN get a free copy by mapping a course that is not already mapped in GolfTraxx. Hit this URL and change the zip code to one near you to find courses needing to be mapped:

Then, map a course, send it in, an viol'a, we'll send you a link to the file.
    Thanks for the reply.

I'm very interested in the program but I have a problem with your suggestion of using VZ Navigator; I've tried it with other 3rd party applications and found that it doesn't work, so I'm sceptical.

But your idea of mapping a course is appealing. I'm having trouble understanding whether a certain course in my area is mapped or not (using your link). Could you tell me if "Aberdeen" in the 63011 area is mapped already? And how about "Fox Creek" in the 44053 area?

Again, thanks for the response and feel free to contact me via PIN messaging.
    03-30-09 08:51 AM
    We REALLY like how we compare to SkyCaddie.

1 - No extra hardware to worry about being charged, lost, synched.
    2 - No extra charges for courses outside your 'region'.
    3 - Great accuracy
    4 - OUTSTANDING Customer service

I can't remember any issues with alltel.

I know of at least a dozen AR courses. Since we are a community supported group, you can always map your favorite course(s) using our mapping guide(s) found here.
    I emailed a course to you last night; went a little overboard by doing the whole track AND extras.

Let me know what you think.

Regards,
    Larry
    03-31-09 09:14 AM
    I emailed a course to you last night; went a little overboard by doing the whole track AND extras.

Let me know what you think.

Regards,
    Larry
    No such thing as going overboard when mapping a course Course designers put that stuff in our way, we just have to know how far it is away from us!

I sent you a note from my email. Looks good, I fixed the T locations. NICE looking course! Hope you had fun mapping, see it really isn't that difficult.

Best g
    04-01-09 02:44 AM
    I would love to have a copy of golf traxx. Every single course that is in my area is already mapped. I don't feel comfortable mapping a course that I don't know the layout for. Can I map a driving range with the distance's for the greens and still qualify to get the sotfware?
    bjohnson - I think you are looking at the wrong listing on the course page. Hit the bottom box with you zip code....'Courses Available To Map Near My Zip Code". With some 16,000 courses in the US, we have yet to see 100% saturation anywhere (and that includes where WE live!)
    04-01-09 02:47 AM
    Anyone getting an error that their "GPS is not supported on this platform."

I followed all the rules for the Verizon Navigator setup and allowed permissions but still no luck getting GolfTraxx to work.
    Don't feel bad, it doesn't work for me either.

HELP!!!
    04-01-09 10:57 AM
    Download the file and use the 88xx version. We have heard from several users that this build will work on it. AND you don't need VZNAV!!!!!!
    ok so if you have a storm yu don't need to activate vzn nav????
    as i've been looking to purchase a storm, also is ther a yearly or one time fee for golftraxx???
    04-01-09 07:13 PM
    ok so if you have a storm yu don't need to activate vzn nav????
    as i've been looking to purchase a storm, also is ther a yearly or one time fee for golftraxx???
    One time for the current version. We might change things up a bit once we get a 'pro' version out.

You can get it for free when you map a course we don't have in our DB. OR even pay us to map the course and still get the app.

Correct about the STORM GPS - it is open to 3rd party apps. VZ FINALLY go the memo that GPS is 'In the Public Domain' per presidential order. The 8800 version of GolfTraxx works on that device.
    04-03-09 12:12 AM
    One time for the current version. We might change things up a bit once we get a 'pro' version out.

You can get it for free when you map a course we don't have in our DB. OR even pay us to map the course and still get the app.

Correct about the STORM GPS - it is open to 3rd party apps. VZ FINALLY go the memo that GPS is 'In the Public Domain' per presidential order. The 8800 version of GolfTraxx works on that device.
    Greg,

I'm still unable to get GolfTraxx to work on my Verizon Curve. Could you put me in contact with a Verizon Curve user who says it works for them?

Regards,
    Larry
    04-03-09 06:12 AM
    I may give this one a shot as it seems to have more courses than the other ones out there, but still lacking many of the WV courses that I need. There is a course listed on Golftraxx that hasn't been there in over 10 years.
    04-05-09 10:11 AM
    I've tried, and tried, and tried yet again to get my copy of this program after mapping out a course. I've e-mailed countless times back and forth between two different guys at this company... they have left me high and dry.

In fact, the last e-mail I told them I would post in here, but wanted to keep it private and have it resolved. Well, it's been since January 28th when I sent the course files in... still no resolution, but lot's of e-mails and run around.

I can't recommend that this program be used, and I would look into other options. I won't provide links to the other options here as this is for Golftraxx... but I'd look elsewhere.
    04-07-09 11:38 AM
    I just sent in a course last night and had planned on mapping all of the courses in this area for them.....but I will wait until I get the link to download the application for free before I send in any more maps.

Come on GolfTraxx.....don't keep us hanging.
    04-07-09 07:45 PM
    I may give this one a shot as it seems to have more courses than the other ones out there, but still lacking many of the WV courses that I need. There is a course listed on Golftraxx that hasn't been there in over 10 years.
    Feel free to send us a note with any courses that need to be 86'd...
    04-12-09 03:03 AM
    I've tried, and tried, and tried yet again to get my copy of this program after mapping out a course. I've e-mailed countless times back and forth between two different guys at this company... they have left me high and dry.

In fact, the last e-mail I told them I would post in here, but wanted to keep it private and have it resolved. Well, it's been since January 28th when I sent the course files in... still no resolution, but lot's of e-mails and run around.

I can't recommend that this program be used, and I would look into other options. I won't provide links to the other options here as this is for Golftraxx... but I'd look elsewhere.
    RL - Give us a call after 9AM (Pacific Time)...ANY DAY of the week. Hit sales. I believe I have sent this link to you twice. I am sorry that you are having an issue.
    04-12-09 03:07 AM
    I just sent in a course last night and had planned on mapping all of the courses in this area for them.....but I will wait until I get the link to download the application for free before I send in any more maps.

Come on GolfTraxx.....don't keep us hanging.
    Jerry - Send me a note directly if you have not received the link yet. One of our staff had an unexpected event come up and the course updates/purchases are a day or so behind.
    04-12-09 03:09 AM
    BTW folks... We run GolfTraxx on a BARE BONES budget. We are processing HUNDREDS of new courses for every update to the blog, FIXING dozens and dozens more, and somehow try to squeeze time in to hit a golf ball or two.

If ANY of you folks happen to be a BB Developer, give me a call ASAP. We can make this a GREAT application with your help.

I'm not complaining here, just trying to let you folks know that we do care, we do have a true passion for the device and the game.
    04-12-09 03:15 AM
    BTW folks... We run GolfTraxx on a BARE BONES budget. We are processing HUNDREDS of new courses for every update to the blog, FIXING dozens and dozens more, and somehow try to squeeze time in to hit a golf ball or two.

If ANY of you folks happen to be a BB Developer, give me a call ASAP. We can make this a GREAT application with your help.

I'm not complaining here, just trying to let you folks know that we do care, we do have a true passion for the device and the game.
    Having any luck getting the application to run on a Verizon Curve?
    04-12-09 12:33 PM
    Having any luck getting the application to run on a Verizon Curve?
    Hey Ohio... A better question is regarding 'your' Curve... We have hundred if not thousands of folks with VZ Curves running GolfTraxx. Did you walk down to your store as we spoke about? What did they say?
    04-12-09 05:23 PM
    Hey Ohio... A better question is regarding 'your' Curve... We have hundred if not thousands of folks with VZ Curves running GolfTraxx. Did you walk down to your store as we spoke about? What did they say?
    They said its running as it should, no problems. Verizon DOES NOT support third party applications. BBMaps has a contract with them, that's why it works on the Verizon Curve.

Could you put me in contact with one of your "folks" who got it to work? I'd like to review differences so I might get mine to work.

Are you sure they aren't running your program with a GPS puck?

Have them contact me here or by PIN mail.

Regards,
    Larry
    04-13-09 05:37 PM
263 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD