SCgolfer - the default zip code needs to be of the home course, not your home.

We have several different search strings that are in the quickstart.

One searches all courses in a region
    One searches all Mapped courses in a region
    One searches for courses to be mapped in a region

The difference in the URL is just one word, but the results are hugely different. Drop me a call via the toll-free and hit 'for sales'.

I'm a bit confused on your website. I put my zip code in the area for courses to be mapped and the list comes up with courses that I have already downloaded to my phone. I have seen in other posts that an error code comes up, should I go by that? I would love to start mapping courses, but I don't want to do the work that someone has already done.
    12-28-08 02:10 PM
    I'm having problems getting my yardage to read properly on my 8330. It always reads in the millions of yards. When I looked around on the websited under FAQ's I found something that said that if it's reading like that (in the millions) the course hasn't been mapped out but it shows on the website that the course has been mapped out. Are there some settings on my phone that I need to change in order for it to read properly?
    12-29-08 12:04 PM
    pscalett - I tried several times to email you. Bounced like a superball.

I got the two courses and will start processing them. They will be done in less than a week... way before the snows melt.

For the future, send me emails at gb AT Offthehookjobs DOT net.

gb

I'm having problems getting my yardage to read properly on my 8330. It always reads in the millions of yards. When I looked around on the websited under FAQ's I found something that said that if it's reading like that (in the millions) the course hasn't been mapped out but it shows on the website that the course has been mapped out. Are there some settings on my phone that I need to change in order for it to read properly?
    12-30-08 12:52 AM
    Good afternoon.
    I have a BB storm and have vzw and use navigator...I would love to test this product for you...and give feedback. Please send me info

[email protected]...

Thank you. And may GOD continue his blessings upon you.
    01-03-09 01:53 PM
    When will the golftraxx apps be available to work on bb storm?...using with the vznav.
    01-03-09 02:15 PM
    Hi Groger...

GolfTraxx already works with the Storm and you don't need VZ nav running. On all other VZ BBs, you do need it. VZ seems to be listening to their customers (or they got the word from RIM).

Please see our site for how to get your copy for free.

When will the golftraxx apps be available to work on bb storm?...using with the vznav.
    01-04-09 03:06 PM
    If you have a VZN BB and want to run GolfTraxx, we may have a work-around. We are looking for testers to see how well this works on 88, Curve and Perl Devices.

In response to the VZN GPS issue, I would like to see if this is a generalized solution OR just a one-time event. This requires a user to have VZ Navigator working, (and the associated monthly cost,) BUT this seems to be a good way to unlock the potential of a VZ BB device.

One of our users gave us the following information on how to get GolfTraxx (and potentially any GPS enabled) application to work on a VZN phone even though VZN doesn't technically give us poor third party developers the data feed.

Steps:
    1. Turn on the VZ Navigator program.
    2. Click on 'maps', then click on 'follow me maps'.
    (This activates the GPS capability of the VZW Blackberry device)
    3. Leaving VZ Navigator running, open the GolfTraxx program and enter the appropriate golf course info.

I downloaded Golftraxx to experiment and viola! it works! One will use more battery power running both programs concurrently, but as long as you battery is full prior to starting, one should not run empty in a normal 18 hole round.

In the follow-up call, he said that on the golf course the BB was clicking off yards step by step. SO, 1 there are good GPS chip(s) in those devices and they do have the capability for <3y accuracy! He was actually walking with a SkyCaddy user and the numbers were EXACTLY the same on both devices. Woo Hoo!
    The Storm GPS is unlocked as I have Garmin Mobile and it works perfectly without paying for VZNav. Works so well I deleted BBMaps and never bothered with Google Maps at all. So, your app should be able to work with the Storm GPS without this hullabaloo. Has there been any testing for the Storm?
    01-10-09 10:46 AM
    Ooops, just read the message above my post, LOL sorry. Will try it.
    01-10-09 10:47 AM
    Interested in trying golf gps software on my new Sprint BB curve (8330). I did map a course and sent to Frank a couple of days ago. I see a couple of Golf Gps programs are out there. I want a simple program:
    1) Front, Center, Back of green
    2) shot distance
    3) Able to mark a couple of points
    4) Big numbers - so easy to read

Any recommendations would be appreciated
    01-10-09 06:43 PM
    Hi GB,

Does golftraxx support the bold and if so is North Shore Golf Club mapped. It shows in your listing for zip code 54952 but it does not have score card information??

Is it possible to get a couple of Bold screen shots?? I am on the ATT network and we don't always get cell coverage on the course is this a problem??

It looks like they are all text based and different from the Iphone screens.

Thanks

John
    01-11-09 04:49 PM
    Interested in trying golf gps software on my new Sprint BB curve (8330). I did map a course and sent to Frank a couple of days ago. I see a couple of Golf Gps programs are out there. I want a simple program:
    1) Front, Center, Back of green
    2) shot distance
    3) Able to mark a couple of points
    4) Big numbers - so easy to read

Any recommendations would be appreciated
    NoEffort - if Frank has not already sent you the link, let me know. Which course did you send in? We are trying to find a good BB Developer to help out on several of the things you mentioned. Any referrals?
    01-12-09 03:00 AM
    Hi GB,

Does golftraxx support the bold and if so is North Shore Golf Club mapped. It shows in your listing for zip code 54952 but it does not have score card information??

Is it possible to get a couple of Bold screen shots?? I am on the ATT network and we don't always get cell coverage on the course is this a problem??

It looks like they are all text based and different from the Iphone screens.

Thanks

John
    YES on supporting the bold. 8800 build works just fine.

Please send in the card if we don't have it... We have over 25,000 and as new courses pop up, change, etc., we rely on the community to send us new and modifications. The bold screen shots are the same as the rest of the BB versions on our website. We are looking for a BB UI person to help out. Any suggestions of one who loves golf would be great.
    01-12-09 03:04 AM
    GB,

I'm running OS 4.3 on my curve. Your program works great on it. I was going to upgrade to OS 4.5, is this going to be a problem? I'd hate to lose this program. I think its the best out there for BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-09 09:19 PM
    GB,

I'm running OS 4.3 on my curve. Your program works great on it. I was going to upgrade to OS 4.5, is this going to be a problem? I'd hate to lose this program. I think its the best out there for BB.

We've heard of no issues...
    01-18-09 11:23 AM
    We've heard of no issues...
    Well, I have tried GolfTraxx five times or so on my Tmo Blackberry Curve running 4.5 software on my regular course. The course is located in an open, urban area with strong cell phone service, but yet whenever I have tried this app, it works for a few holes, then stops providing data and never recovers. Usually by about the fourth or fifth hole it stops providing information, yet the battery is still fine on my Freedom GPS puck and my Blackberry. I used to use a Sonocaddie Golf GPS unit and it worked great on the same course, but I had hoped I could avoid carrying it since I always have my Blackberry with me anyway. (FWIW, I have used Blackberry GPS software for the highway and have gotten great results.) Any idea what is going on with my unsuccessful attempts to use GolfTraxx? I see this thread is mostly posts from the developer and interested people who haven't yet used the product -- although a couple posters reported good results. I would be interested in hearing from other users...
    Last edited by harddude5; 01-24-09 at 11:33 AM.
    01-24-09 11:29 AM
    I sent in a course map and course extras last night... I'm waiting to hear back (I honestly don't expect to hear anything this quick.. just posting now) and test this software out.

Unfortunately my league's course isn't suitable for Google Earth mapping. Is there a way to take waypoints and create the .kml file later on from actual on course data? That way I could map out and use my local course for the league this year.
    01-29-09 10:48 AM
    Harddude - feel free to contact us directly (we have a toll free number) and we can try to troubleshoot the issue. 9A - 6P (pacific) will usually work. Hit sales option it will go to me directly and I'll personally help you out.

Well, I have tried GolfTraxx five times or so on my Tmo Blackberry Curve running 4.5 software on my regular course. The course is located in an open, urban area with strong cell phone service, but yet whenever I have tried this app, it works for a few holes, then stops providing data and never recovers. Usually by about the fourth or fifth hole it stops providing information, yet the battery is still fine on my Freedom GPS puck and my Blackberry. I used to use a Sonocaddie Golf GPS unit and it worked great on the same course, but I had hoped I could avoid carrying it since I always have my Blackberry with me anyway. (FWIW, I have used Blackberry GPS software for the highway and have gotten great results.) Any idea what is going on with my unsuccessful attempts to use GolfTraxx? I see this thread is mostly posts from the developer and interested people who haven't yet used the product -- although a couple posters reported good results. I would be interested in hearing from other users...
    01-31-09 01:25 AM
    RL - Which course was it?

We are tuning courses in about 48 hours (don't hold us to this on weekends). Give us a call, also hit sales to send the phone system to track me down... If is is REALLY important to get your favorite course in, there is an alternative (but cumbersome) way to map using a different tool. Call after 9AM US Pacific time on the toll free number on the website. Would be more than happy to chat golf.

I sent in a course map and course extras last night... I'm waiting to hear back (I honestly don't expect to hear anything this quick.. just posting now) and test this software out.

Unfortunately my league's course isn't suitable for Google Earth mapping. Is there a way to take waypoints and create the .kml file later on from actual on course data? That way I could map out and use my local course for the league this year.
    01-31-09 01:31 AM
    I'm gonna check this out thanks for posting!

02-04-09 08:55 PM
    Hi - I have a few questions in regards to this application.

1. I have a 8110 pearl - Will this work on this phone.

2. My pearl has an application that says get At&t navigator. I have not done this nor do I subscribe to a navigation service.

3. If I were to purchase golftraxx would I have to activate this navigation service and pay at&t more money? I do have a unlimited data and email plan.

Thanks!
    02-08-09 09:12 PM
    I just wanted to let everybody know that this program works great. I'm using an 8330 4.5OS and yardages are very accurate. My father played along side of me using a skycaddie and the yardages from this program were exactly the same. Great program, well worth the time spent mapping the course. And it did not use alot of battery life.
    02-08-09 09:48 PM
    Delvale (Near Livermore????)

With ATT you should not need anything else.

gb

Hi - I have a few questions in regards to this application.

1. I have a 8110 pearl - Will this work on this phone.

2. My pearl has an application that says get At&t navigator. I have not done this nor do I subscribe to a navigation service.

3. If I were to purchase golftraxx would I have to activate this navigation service and pay at&t more money? I do have a unlimited data and email plan.

Thanks!
    02-08-09 09:55 PM
    Delvale (Near Livermore????)

With ATT you should not need anything else.

gb
    nowhere near livermore. good ol lancaster, pa! which by the way we have a ton of courses within a one hour radius.
    thanks for answering my questions. so you are telling me that i do not need to pay a monthly fee for using the gps capability on my phone? if that's correct please send me the link to purchase this software for my phone!

8110 pearl
    02-09-09 08:01 AM
    Where is the link to the free DL the SW for the storm? I can't seem to locate it. It is far from golf season, but I am looking for a GPS.
    02-21-09 01:27 PM
    Can't get it to load the course. tried the VZ Navigator follow me maps thing, but i still get the following error after finding the course, and clicking OK (to download course data):
    "java.lang.NullPointerException"

Also - after installing the software, the GolfTraxx icon shows up in my apps folder, but when I try to set the permissions, it doesn't show up in the Advanced Options-Apps menu...
    02-22-09 01:57 PM
263 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD