I have the Blackberry Tour with Verizon Wireless.

Golflogix.com has the Blackberry Bold available for download on their site. The Tour is basically the same phone, so I am curious to know if I will be able to download the software for the Bold and load it on to my Tour. I am not a cell phone genuis, so forgive me if this seems to be a dumb questions.

I know Verizon blocks 3rd party GPS apps, but I was told that the Tour has a-GPS, therefore this product will work on my phone. Anyone have some insight into this?

Thanks!
    07-29-09 10:24 AM
    Feel free to PM me with the answer if you have it! Thanks!
    07-29-09 10:34 AM
    there is a free 24 hour trial.. book a game and give it a shot..

i did it on my curve last friday.. worked decent.. but the course had changed this year, so some of the oles were out of date.

i suck at gold enough to not buy it.
    07-29-09 12:09 PM
    Great News about GolfLogix on the Tour, GolfLogix will have the application ready for the Tour within the next two weeks, with a very good possibility of availability by this weekend.

Verizon customers will be able to use all the functions of GolfLogix GPS with the BlackBerry Tour

You can follow GolfLogix on Twitter or Facebook to get updates on the added smartphones.

BTW: The Curve app works well so far.
    07-29-09 02:10 PM
    Great News about GolfLogix on the Tour, GolfLogix will have the application ready for the Tour within the next two weeks, with a very good possibility of availability by this weekend.

Verizon customers will be able to use all the functions of GolfLogix GPS with the BlackBerry Tour

You can follow GolfLogix on Twitter or Facebook to get updates on the added smartphones.

BTW: The Curve app works well so far.
    Based on your name, I am guessing you are affiliated with GolfLogix.

Get this app running for the Storm.

For everyone else, I am a huge fan of the standalone unit. Well worth it but I am very interested in the BB version.
    07-31-09 09:08 PM

i did it on my curve last friday.. worked decent.. but the course had changed this year, so some of the oles were out of date.

Actually there are no yard markers where I hit the ball so having a GPS is very useful. In fact, there is no doubt it will improve your game (via course management) if you use it and play smart. A GPS is certainly not needed but it is a very nice thing to have while playing.
    07-31-09 09:09 PM
    Any word yet on a version for the 9530?
    08-08-09 12:36 PM
    Any word yet on a version for the 9530?
    comes out tomorrow... i have been waiting for this to come out for the storm since i saw it last month. finally a decent golf gps that compares with the iphone golf apps
    08-13-09 03:05 PM
    I recently downloaded the trial version, however it only seems to work when I connect with WIFI. Have any of you had this problem. Also, if I download the course with WIFI, will it work later with wifi?

Am very interested in buying the full version, but won't until I'm sure it works.

Please help me out with this.

Thanks
    08-13-09 03:49 PM
    I'm sorry I meant if it would work with 3G later, not WIFI.
    08-13-09 03:50 PM
    Originally Posted by stevie-b

They can update the courses instantly if the holes change. Just let them know about the change.
    08-18-09 02:33 PM
    comes out tomorrow... i have been waiting for this to come out for the storm since i saw it last month. finally a decent golf gps that compares with the iphone golf apps
    Have not seen a version for the 9530 on the GolfLogix web site yet!
    08-20-09 02:48 PM
    I downloaded and used golflogix with the Tour today. Program loaded and ran perfect. They have a cool feature to lookup Country clubs by location. So when I was at teh course I hit the button and was at the top of the list to be selected.

Everything worked fine and battery drain was not to bad. About 65% over the 4 hour round.

A couple of real issues to be aware and and recommendations before I will buy.

1) Twice I read the distance to early. I looked at the phone and it said 173 to the middle. I grabed a 7 iron and hit it perfect. Ball landed 20+ yards deap. I grabbed the unit to look again and it said 151 to the middle. See you can't tell for sure if it has been updated.

I think to save battery drain and to avoid the issue above, you should just press one of the side buttons and have it update. There really is no need for it to update constantly.

Second issue. If you elect keep tract of information after every hole it asks you to enter score, then # of puts, then #of chips, etc. There is like 5 or 6 things. There just needs to be an option in setup for user to choose which items you want to be asked after you finish the hole. I would have love to just enter the score.

Third. You should be able to add three guest names.

I would love to buy and endorse the program if at least the top two changes could be made.
    Until then I will keep looking.

Thanks
    08-21-09 09:28 PM
    Any update of the release for the Storm?
    08-26-09 02:32 PM
    I tried the app today and compaired it to my Sky Caddie, the old original one. First of all I was real excited about this, I usually forget my SC or end up going to play when I dont have it with me. The $40 annual fee is less than SC and it looked alot better. I am a 12 handicap.

Hole #1 500 yard Par 5
    Waiting on the tee box the SC showed 499, the Golflogix showed 503, not bad. Without moving the cart the Golf logix went from 503 to 508 to 518 to 535 and finally stoped. I drive into the fairway and my 2 partners went into the woods. I decided to test the drive distance feature. I am not Bubba Watson, but I'm decent off the tee, 260-270, 290 with a good breeze behind my back. SC showed 268, Golflogic showed 393, I wish!! I tried to get back to the regular screen but it seemed to be frozen at 525 and 200 to the bunkers that were 50 yards behind me. after my second shot to 60 yds the Golflogix still showed 535 so I shut it down and restarted it for #2.

Hole #2 325 Yd par 4 with 100 yards of water in front of the hole. SC showed 333 and Golf Logix showed 390 with 280 to the water. If I believed this I would have hit my 3 wood into the hazard. First shot was a hybrid and had 128 left to the middle according to SC Golf Logix showed 108, I hit a PW to the green, again my sand wedge shot would be wet.

Hole # 3 425 Yd par 4.
    SC showed 422 Golf logix 426, pretty close. After a good drive SC showed 158, Golf Logix showed 449, according to this, the worst drive of my life 23 yards backwards. I turned this piece of crap off and used my old SC the rest of the round. Try it for the free 24 hours and see if it works better for you. I have already deleted it off my Balckberry. Hope this helps
    08-26-09 09:31 PM
    well the GPS chip is going to be a lot worse on a BB than a stand alone GPS. Saying that, I will give it a test today as well on my bold and see how it stands. Of course, I will not rely on a GPS for my yardages and instead look for sprinklers, course knowledge, and yardage markers, but I will test it out with other locations on the course and see how it stacks up
    08-27-09 11:46 AM
    I've had no luck finding this application or downloading it. Does it even work on my phone? My friend has Golflogix and it worked very well. Please help
    08-30-09 04:58 PM
    Well I tried it out today and must say it was a very pleasant experience. I played with a guy who had the standalone Golf Logix and we were dead on with each other on every shot. Very nice app!

My only disappointment was its a battery killer. I only made it through 15 holes before the battery died. I left this morning on a full charge. I will say that I did have the backlight enabled through the entire round and I could of probably finished if I had turned this off. Wish i could sample one more round with this disabled before I decide to purchase.
    08-30-09 06:39 PM
    I wanted to like this program badly - it would be ideal if I could mothball my aging Sky Caddie, and have my 8900 take it's place as a GPS golf unit. Today I went to my golf course to try it out, and it failed miserably.

I kept getting a "Network Error", so I deleted it right after the round.

Too bad.....
    08-30-09 07:24 PM
    tried it out last friday and could not get it to work
    my yardages were off compared to the cart gps and it would not change as i moved down the hole to the green
    i have had no luck emailing golflogix every link they sent my in their emails dosent work and when i tried the web site i got an error
    what kind of customer support is this
    anyone out there have any problems and were able to get the fixed and how did you get in touch with them to fix them

thanks in advance
    09-01-09 07:48 AM
    I downloaded this as free trial and was fairly pleased - pleased enough to buy. I found the yardage to be spot-on at my course (I stood on top of a half-dozen sprinklers that have yardage indicated, and was always within a yard).
    For me the scoring is not really that big an ordeal as others have indicated; yes you have to enter about 6 different items (score, fairway hit, green in regulation, # putts, # chips, # penalties) but the program defaults intelligently to minimize the 'keystrokes' (on a par 4 it highlights "4" so you just have to push the button)and it takes maybe 10-12 seconds after each hole to enter all 6 items. If you're a good golfer you can just keep pushing the button to reflect Par/Fairway/Green in Regulation/2 Putt/0 chips/0 penalties. What's even better is that if you take a while to play a hole (a par 4 for example) the default score seems to 'creep up' to a 6 or a 7, as the program interprets your slower play as a higher score (note: I am not 100% sure it really does this, but it seemed to).
    As for battery life, I too could not finish the first round I played with the backlight on all the time and perpetual GPS updating. All you have to do is turn the backlight to your normal settings and you'll be finr. Yes, you may need to activate the BB a few seconds before you arrive at your ball each time to ensure the GPS has time to find the satellite, but that's better than running out of juice! I didn't often use this for range/distance as my course is well marked, so your experience may be different.
    This is the first golf application I have used, but I endorse it and am recommending it to friends. Too bad the season's almost over here in New York!
    09-08-09 04:03 PM
    I'm sorry I meant if it would work with 3G later, not WIFI.

I have a similar problem wth BB Bold 9000 but it seems to suddenly freeze up and there is no way to get any app working without yanking the battery and rebooting the phone. This seems to happen in areas where the 3G coverage is overloaded and when the phone drops back to EDGE coverage. If it begins and stays on the EDGE service, it seems to be fine. This is frustrating since if you've used the software to kepp your scorecard and shot ststitics, the incomplete round gets posted and synched with the server.
    09-13-09 10:43 AM
    I recently downloaded the trial version, however it only seems to work when I connect with WIFI. Have any of you had this problem. Also, if I download the course with WIFI, will it work later with wifi?

Am very interested in buying the full version, but won't until I'm sure it works.

Please help me out with this.

Thanks

About "Network Error, Can not find the host" message:
    I had the same problem and to solve it, I had to change my SIM card to a fourth generation card ( before I had a third generation), update all the BB soft to the last version and install the 1.5 version of GolfLogix.
    Now it work perfectly.
    09-15-09 06:16 AM
    About "Network Error, Can not find the host" message:
    I had the same problem and to solve it, I had to change my SIM card to a fourth generation card ( before I had a third generation), update all the BB soft to the last version and install the 1.5 version of GolfLogix.
    Now it work perfectly.
    How did this make a difference? The app doesn't install to the SIM card, does it?
    09-15-09 08:52 AM
    How did this make a difference? The app doesn't install to the SIM card, does it?
    The BB 8900 isn't fully compatible with third generation SIM card. There are some network protocol that aren't well sipported and those protocols are use by the GolfLogix application.

The fourth generation SIM card solve those problems!
    09-15-09 01:05 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD