Can't seem to get this program to work at all, keep getting a message in the program that the GPS is Unavailable. I have authorized the complete use of the program changing all the advanced settings to ALLOW, and still nothing. I have contacted my service provider which is TELUS and spoke to them about my perticular problem. Telus Rep had me go through the phone setup and make sure that the GPS was turned on, which it was, she then proceeded to run a diagnostic with the phone she told me that the GPS is working just fine and that there are no problems with the Phone and that i should contact the App manufacturer "GolfLogix" and have them help me. So I called Golflogix and waited on hold for exactly 42mins and 51secs(my house phones monitors the call time) and had the Rep at Golflogix go through the same set up routine as the Telus on when we went into "options"/"adavanced"/"GPS" the GPS is listed as Device GPS and cannot be changed, and when i highlight Device GPS and hit the menu button, the rep told me a series of option should be available, such as latitude, longitude, refresh, etc. But none of the option are available. He told me my GPS on the phone has not been turned on and that i should contact my service provider to have it turned on, Sooooooo.......... I called Telus again and expained my situation again, she told me that in order to access third party GPS programs that i would have to subscribe to Telus Navigator, so i did for an extra $10 per month, and still nothing, called Telus again re-explained for the third time my problem told this rep the story up to this point. She reaasured me that the GPS function on the phone was working just fine and the problem lies within the GolfLogix program. So i have been bounced around from rep to rep with all fingers pointing and no answers i did come across some info reguarding the GPS function limited on the Phone..... Can anybody help out there
    09-08-09 02:53 PM
    she told me that in order to access third party GPS programs that i would have to subscribe to Telus Navigator, so i did for an extra $10 per month, and still nothing,
    The only thing I can think of is
    (A) did you pull the battery
    (B) did you send service books
    (C) did you do the "register now" on your BB**

after they activated this feature?

**Register the BlackBerry on the Network

1. Scroll to and select the Settings icon (to select push the trackball in).
    2. Scroll to and select the Options icon.
    3. Scroll to and select Advanced Options.

4. Scroll to and select Host Routing Table.

5. Press the Menu key, select Register Now.

6. The message "Registration message sent!" will display. Select OK.
    09-08-09 03:39 PM
    It sounds as if telus may be blocking your GPS signal, the first time you called they told you everything is fine, the second time you called then they told you need a third party application to run GPS. It may be something with their settings, I know I had to get a Tour because even with vz navigator I could not use any third party GPS application (maps, turn by turn, golf, etc....)on my Curve.
    09-09-09 11:42 AM
    Thanks for the help guys, but no avail nothing still not working, i really believe that TELUS is blocking the 3rd party GPS signal not sure why???? Tried all the suggested ideas and still got nothing.
    09-10-09 08:16 AM
    Several providers block 3rd Party apps using GPS. Instead of paying the $10 a month for navigator that may not allow Golflogix to work anyway, buy a GPS Bluetooth Puck. Less than $40 and it will allow you to use any 3rd Party GPS app. Good Luck
    09-10-09 10:35 AM
    Try downloading bbgpsgolf its free and it may help you answer the question as to whether or not your gps is locked or if its an app issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-09 10:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD