I tried to download golf logics GPS app for my Verision 8330 BB and it said I need a GPS chip in my phone. Anyone ever heard of this or know how to get aroud this?
    04-24-10 11:00 PM
    Verizon locks the GPS on the 8330 so it only works with VZNavigator.
    04-24-10 11:24 PM
    yes... Any phone older then The Storm. needs an external GPS Unit.. Verizon Blocks the GPS for being used in these older phone.. I am not sure why i just know that is the way it is.. only storms and newer have access to there internal GPS.. You can buy a GPS unit that will hook into your Phone thru the USB. then you can use the GPS to run your golf app.
    04-24-10 11:24 PM
    yes... Any phone older then The Storm. needs an external GPS Unit.. Verizon Blocks the GPS for being used in these older phone.. I am not sure why i just know that is the way it is.. only storms and newer have access to there internal GPS.. You can buy a GPS unit that will hook into your Phone thru the USB. then you can use the GPS to run your golf app.
    I remember hearing that the S1, S2, and Tour have unlocked GPS chips because of a lawsuit that was filed against VZW. Essentially, it was based on the fact that VZNavigator isn't usable outside the US (might be specifically in Europe) and as they are world phones they had to unlock the chip so GPS could be used outside VZNavigator's use. I think they just started unlocking all the rest since the 8330 because of that lawsuit.
    04-24-10 11:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD