Hey guys, I'm looking for a good Golf App that lists distances to greens/bunkers/hazards... etc and I think I'm going to try Greenfinder, but I'm confused on how the GPS works...

I have an unlimited call/text/mms plan through ATT, but I don't have the GPS plan.

Do the golf apps like that require that I purchase the GPS usage?

Thanx guys
    08-13-10 08:27 AM
    Nope. GPS is a free feature of your phone. As long as you have an unlimited data plan you will be fine.
    08-13-10 09:10 AM
    Thanx Spiral... I'm trying to remember what they were talking about when I first got the phone. I thought they said it was another $10/month to have unlimited GPS usage. Must have been something else...
    08-13-10 09:17 AM
    You do have an unlimited data plan correct? Most GPS apps can get quite data intensive.
    08-13-10 09:22 AM
    The $9.99 a month was likely for either the AT&T's turn by turn navigation or the "family locate" feature..
    08-13-10 09:27 AM
    greenfinder works good.............i used it about a week ago........but i have GPS and not sure itf that will keep u from running it..........but try out greenfinder. u may like it..........if not, there are other out there
    08-13-10 09:29 AM
    Check out Golflogix.
    08-13-10 09:35 AM
    What do you mean you "have GPS"? I thought we all have GPS on the 9700...

Are you saying you pay for a GPS service?

Yes Spiral, I do have unlimited data.
    08-13-10 09:37 AM
    Golf apps require the use of GPS, allow that in the permissions and then it will be able to track your location on the course.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-10 05:22 PM
    Golf apps require the use of GPS, allow that in the permissions and then it will be able to track your location on the course.

Come on man. I have to ask, are you just posting to be posting? This isn't relevant to the OP's question at all.
    08-13-10 05:26 PM
    Come on man. I have to ask, are you just posting to be posting? This isn't relevant to the OP's question at all.
    I should've refreshed the page on the browser because it didn't load the first post.

Okay, I think you do need to have the GPS plan. Talk to your carrier to ask if you really need it. They might tell you either Yes, or you don't need it.

Sorry for last post, next time I'll refresh the browser.

08-13-10 05:30 PM
    Plenty of free golf yardage apps out there. BBGPS for one. Try one of those to test the GPS before commiting to a pay service.

08-13-10 08:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD