I'm not a newbie, but certainly don't claim to be an BlackBerry expert, either. However, I have an issue with Gmail that has me completely baffled.

I don't receive e-mails sent to my Gmail account on my 8900, unless I send them to myself. Everything is, as far as I can tell, set up properly, and yes, I have pulled my battery and sent service books more times than I can count. I have deleted and re-added my Gmail account several times. I even installed the worthless "Enhanced Gmail" app in the hopes that would fix the problem.

And, my FaceBook notifications are set up to be delivered to my Gmail account - they are delivered to my "Messages" inbox, but not to my Gmail inbox. When it was previously configured for delivery to my Yahoo account, it worked perfectly.

I've searched this topic, and have found other similar threads, but no answers. Does anyone have any ideas about this? If so, I'd really appreciate some help.

Thanks!
    09-29-09 10:22 AM
    As I understand it, if you have a gmail account integrated with your BB and email yourself from it, the message should not show up on your device. Your problem sounds truly bizaare - the reverse of what is meant to happen!

I suggest that your next step is to try and work out whether this is device or gmail account specific. Either create a new gmail account and associate only that with your device, or associate your existing gmail account with another device. The purpose of this is to determine whether the problem follows the BB device or the original gmail account.
    09-29-09 11:42 AM
    As I understand it, if you have a gmail account integrated with your BB and email yourself from it, the message should not show up on your device. Your problem sounds truly bizaare - the reverse of what is meant to happen! I suggest that your next step is to try and work out whether this is device or gmail account specific. Either create a new gmail account and associate only that with your device, or associate your existing gmail account with another device. The purpose of this is to determine whether the problem follows the BB device or the original gmail account.
    Not quite, Glen - when I send an e-mail to my Gmail account from my other e-mail addresses (from my PC), they DO show up on my BlackBerry. But nothing else does....I took your advice, and created a new Gmail account - that action has, so far, generated five e-mails that I can view in my Gmail account on my PC, and in my "Messages" inbox on my BB. They do not, however, appear in the Gmail inbox on my BB.

So, it has apparently made no difference. It's puzzling to me that I have had my Yahoo and AOL accounts on my phone for six months, and they work flawlessly. Just don't understand why Gmail doesn't play nice....
    09-29-09 01:18 PM
    I give up - I'm just going to not have Gmail accessibility from my BlackBerry, which is a shame....
    09-29-09 04:49 PM
    mbk 2k....

Thanks for your response. I wasn't aware of the Gmail mobile app - I had previously downloaded the Google app that included Gmail, voice activation and some other features (none of which worked well), but I deleted it because of numerous issues.

I found and installed the Gmail mobile app, and am waiting to see if it solves my problems.

I appreciate your suggestion!
    09-30-09 09:37 AM
    Okay, here's a question: after I installed the Gmail mobile app, it created a cool Gmail icon on my homescreen - when I select it, it opens to "Inbox". But, there is also another Inbox for Gmail on my homescreen, represented by a generic inbox icon.

I sent a test e-mail to my Gmail account. I showed up in the inbox with the generic icon, but not the inbox with the Gmail icon.

This is confusing. Still no Facebook notifications sent to either....
    09-30-09 09:46 AM
    Okay, here's a question: after I installed the Gmail mobile app, it created a cool Gmail icon on my homescreen - when I select it, it opens to "Inbox". But, there is also another Inbox for Gmail on my homescreen, represented by a generic inbox icon.

I sent a test e-mail to my Gmail account. I showed up in the inbox with the generic icon, but not the inbox with the Gmail icon.

This is confusing. Still no Facebook notifications sent to either....
    The Gmail app works by the phone periodically pulling email from the Gmail server, which is different from the push technology used by the Blackberry BIS. As a result, there will be up to a 20 minute delay in getting new email using the Gmail app. That is one of its drawbacks.
    10-02-09 09:39 AM
    I'm not a newbie, but certainly don't claim to be an BlackBerry expert, either. However, I have an issue with Gmail that has me completely baffled.

I don't receive e-mails sent to my Gmail account on my 8900, unless I send them to myself. Everything is, as far as I can tell, set up properly, and yes, I have pulled my battery and sent service books more times than I can count. I have deleted and re-added my Gmail account several times. I even installed the worthless "Enhanced Gmail" app in the hopes that would fix the problem.

And, my FaceBook notifications are set up to be delivered to my Gmail account - they are delivered to my "Messages" inbox, but not to my Gmail inbox. When it was previously configured for delivery to my Yahoo account, it worked perfectly.

I've searched this topic, and have found other similar threads, but no answers. Does anyone have any ideas about this? If so, I'd really appreciate some help.

Thanks!
    If it is showing up in your messages folder but not your Blackberry Gmail folder try the following: Open your Gmail folder (the generis Blackberry generated one) and open the menu. Then open "options" and then "general options." Scroll down to "SMS and Email Inboxes" and make sure the "separate" and not "combined" option is checked. Save the change and see if this works.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by 3rdRGRBN; 10-02-09 at 10:03 AM.
    10-02-09 09:55 AM
    This did the trick! My thanks to everyone who responded.....
    10-02-09 10:42 AM
    is there a offline way to install it? like thru the pc?
    10-04-09 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD