I use push as well and it's nearly instantaneous. I've set up my accounts through BIS using Pop. I tried Imap for a bit for the one way sync from my BB to gmail, but I got tired of the delays. I hope they can make Imap instantaneous as well as having 2 way sync. Until then I'm sticking with Pop.
    07-21-08 11:10 AM
    Both and why not have both?

I read incoming mail through the BIS push. But what about archieved email? That business proposal that the important client sent you a month ago. Well that's going to be in your Gmail files.

I use the Gmail app all the time. It really is a fine program. I wouldn't rely on it to notify me of new email because I do not find that it is anywhere as near as fast as Push email. And don't forget that you have to leave the Gmail app open and running in the background for the new incoming Gmail notifications to sound off.

But it still serves a necessary purpose insofar as archieval emails are concerned so I think it's important to keep it on my BB.
    If it were really necessary couldn't one just log in through the browser to retrieve it?
    07-21-08 11:16 AM
    oops! I see someone already had that idea

On a side note, here's the thread that explains how to stop the "Inbox Prob"
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/gmai...lackberry-853/
    07-21-08 11:19 AM
    oops! I see someone already had that idea

On a side note, here's the thread that explains how to stop the "Inbox Prob"
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/gmai...lackberry-853/
    How come some have that inbox problem and others don't? I have never had that issue.
    07-21-08 11:22 AM
    That's a great question mookish. When I first got my Curve I went to Verizon for help (I know, I know, stop laughing!) They said "that's impossible we've never heard of such a problem!" When I steered them towards this website they said "oh wow, it looks like this is a regular issue!"
    07-21-08 11:26 AM
    Ok so my main problem with push is (besides the obvious no html) when you delete an email from your messages its supposed to archive the email in gmail but I've noticed that sometimes it doesn't archive them. Other times it works fine. Not sure why. Also I've noticed a discrepency in whether or not emails are "marked as read". Any suggestions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-08 12:06 PM
    PUSH!

i had the app. which was cool, but i like the push. instant. mail. love it
    07-21-08 12:12 PM
    Ok so my main problem with push is (besides the obvious no html) when you delete an email from your messages its supposed to archive the email in gmail but I've noticed that sometimes it doesn't archive them. Other times it works fine. Not sure why. Also I've noticed a discrepency in whether or not emails are "marked as read". Any suggestions?

I've never once had it work 2 ways. If I read an email on my Curve, I just assume I'll have to go to my computer and mark it read or delete it.
    07-21-08 12:19 PM
    ...If I read an email on my Curve, I just assume I'll have to go to my computer and mark it read or delete it.
    Huh? Reading and deleting messages (using the app, not BIS) deletes them or marks them read when viewing the account on the PC.
    So you make the trade-off for speed rather than synchronization?
    07-21-08 01:39 PM
    That's the exact trade-off you have to make. Also, if you want to have multiple gmail accounts on your BB, the gmail app doesn't work since it doesn't support more than 1 account. If you go through BIS and use Imap, as soon as you read an e-mail on your BB it will be marked as read on your computer. It doesn't work the other way though. Then there's the delay of up to 15 minutes with Imap. I'm sticking with BIS using Pop until Imap is instantaneous and supports 2 way syncing with gmail servers.

Huh? Reading and deleting messages (using the app, not BIS) deletes them or marks them read when viewing the account on the PC.
    So you make the trade-off for speed rather than synchronization?
    07-21-08 01:54 PM
    ah. good to know.
    if i need a second gmail, id just run it through BIS for a POP connection.
    thanks.
    07-21-08 02:25 PM
    i use BIS push...even for gmail
    08-09-09 07:56 PM
    I use both. I set up a push account for important (i.e. right now) messages and app the account that can wait. I exit the app during the day when I am at work so it doesn't alert me all day.

08-09-09 08:19 PM
    And another for push. And get google voice
    08-09-09 08:21 PM
    I use the gmail app, and my push accounts are used for other things.

08-09-09 08:22 PM
    I use both. I prefer Push cuz you get it instantly...I use google talk and sometimes I get the notification on my phone before google talk! I also use the gmail app cuz sometimes emails get weird on the blackberry with all the html stuff, but usually thats like best buy and whatever crap so I don't really use it.

You can use IMAP (i think thats what its called) to archive your emails. Whenever I read an email on my phone, it automatically changes it to read. I didn't set mine up to archive so yeah.
    08-09-09 08:47 PM
    I use the GMail app, I have no choice, as I have a "generic" data plan not a Blackberry BIS account so the Blackberry push email wouldn't work anyway. It's okay though, I don't do the sort of activities which require split-second notification & I like it that everything's synchronized.

Wapforums.crackberry.com, Opera Mini 4.2

08-10-09 09:58 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD