Since this morning, I've been having messages I send from the Gmail website appear in my mailbox on my BlackBerry, which I assume is part of the Gmail two-way sync BIS upgrade. However, that seems to be the end of it. I've messed around a bit with marking messages read and deleting/archiving on the website, but those changes don't show up on my phone.

Has anyone else had further success with the two-way sync, or is RIM just doing a very slow rollout process (wouldn't be all that surprising)?
    05-02-10 03:59 PM
    Yes, I noticed the same thing both on my gmail and google apps mail accounts. Email I send from the regular web browser/gmail client now appears on my BlackBerry. Also an email I starred on my gmail client on a regular web browser automatically got starred on my BlackBerry too. However, an email I deleted online did not get deleted on my BlackBerry whereas the other way around does work (deletion sync turned on in BIS options).

Since this morning, I've been having messages I send from the Gmail website appear in my mailbox on my BlackBerry, which I assume is part of the Gmail two-way sync BIS upgrade. However, that seems to be the end of it. I've messed around a bit with marking messages read and deleting/archiving on the website, but those changes don't show up on my phone.

Has anyone else had further success with the two-way sync, or is RIM just doing a very slow rollout process (wouldn't be all that surprising)?
    05-02-10 05:28 PM
    Delete reconciliation is there. It's just very slow and requires you to delete the message from Gmail, not just archive it. If you archive a message it remains in "All Mail" which is what the BlackBerry Inbox is linked to.

Yes, I noticed the same thing both on my gmail and google apps mail accounts. Email I send from the regular web browser/gmail client now appears on my BlackBerry. Also an email I starred on my gmail client on a regular web browser automatically got starred on my BlackBerry too. However, an email I deleted online did not get deleted on my BlackBerry whereas the other way around does work (deletion sync turned on in BIS options).
    05-02-10 09:50 PM
    If you archive a message it remains in "All Mail" which is what the BlackBerry Inbox is linked to.
    Hopefully, this is just an oversight that will be corrected soon. It's been bugging me since before 2way was turned on. An archived message in a gmail plugin account should not remain in the BlackBerry Inbox regardless of which interface was used to archive the message.

Along that same line; if I have gmail filters defined which archives the message on arrival... Why is it that some of those messages are reliably delivered to the device while others are reliably not delivered.
    05-03-10 10:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD