From -> BlackBerry Connection Newsletter - Personal Edition

Get the Gmail Plug-in

The Gmail� plug-in is the first downloadable email client built by RIM, and it brings all the conveniences of this popular email service to your BlackBerry smartphone. Here, we look into some of the time-saving features you can take advantage of with the Gmail plug-in on your BlackBerry smartphone.
    It supports...
    • Conversation View
    • Labels and Stars
    • Search

Get it from -> BlackBerry - Enhanced Gmail� Plug-In Details
    09-17-09 07:06 AM
    anybody know how this is any different from what google put out or is this the same plugin?
    09-17-09 07:16 AM
    I downloaded this plug-in this morning, and nothing showed up. I selected "Show All" to make certain a Gmail icon wasn't hidden, but nothing. So, I started to download it again, thinking something went wrong the first time, and got the message "Enhanced Gmail Plug-In Already Exists 1.0.0.0.49".

What am I missing here? My Gmail account is set up with my 8900, I resent service books, and pulled the battery.....
    09-17-09 09:51 AM
    Sorry for the post - I just did a search and found the information I needed....
    09-17-09 10:06 AM
    From -> BlackBerry Connection Newsletter - Personal Edition

It supports...
    • Conversation View
    • Labels and Stars
    • Search
    Get it from -> BlackBerry - Enhanced Gmail� Plug-In Details
    Don't come here much eh?
    09-17-09 10:14 AM
    Don't come here much eh?
    Nope. Just once in a while.. why? did I miss a thread this is already posted in??
    09-17-09 10:25 AM
    I think that the consensus is that this is a useless app.....
    09-17-09 10:29 AM
    I think that the consensus is that this is a useless app.....
    Considering I don't use labels or stars.. I can see that it isn't useful for everyone.
    09-17-09 10:30 AM
    Is this the same plug-in they released earlier?
    It's the same one... The press is new. Die hard users of the Gmail labels feature should give this a chance. I too wish it it integrated into the unified Message box, but it is a good 1st step to deliver some of the real functionality advantages (labels, excellent search of ENTIRE gmail archive) gmail has over other email platforms.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-09 11:32 AM
    The search button can be your friend. Use it wisely before you post. lol

Considering I don't use labels or stars.. I can see that it isn't useful for everyone.
    09-17-09 11:34 AM
    The search button can be your friend. Use it wisely before you post. lol
    Yes, I do know to search, and I did search.. but didn't see a thread talking about its actually being released, stating a version number, etc.. Sorry. Guess my searching skill are "up to par."

It was "new" per RIM's BB Connection news letter emailed out over night last night...
    Last edited by Mark_Venture; 09-17-09 at 11:58 AM.
    09-17-09 11:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD