It wasn't just a fluke, it just did it again but only took about an hour.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-10 05:04 PM
    The people that are getting this to work, how do you have your email settings? Are you using POP or IMAP or both???
    05-11-10 06:29 PM
    The people that are getting this to work, how do you have your email settings? Are you using POP or IMAP or both???
    On the BlackBerry? IMAP- its what BIS defaults to and is the only way it is going to show as read on your Gmail web interface since all POP does it download messages.

It seems to be getting better for me, just did it in 15 minutes now. I didn't change any of my settings. I am have my Gmail account set up in BIS for as long as I have had my Curve. It just started working for me this afternoon.
    05-11-10 06:37 PM
    Within your Gmail account not on BB. I deleted my email account in BIS and re-added it using the basic setup instead of the advanced settings and it always enables POP on my gmail account. Seems to be working for more people, so maybe I'll try it again by deleting the advanced settings and go with the basic setup.
    05-11-10 07:44 PM
    Works for me
    05-11-10 08:30 PM
    Works for me
    How much of a delay?

05-11-10 08:31 PM
    The Gmail app is working perfectly for what it does.
    I've decided to keep the app because my I use my gmail for personal stuff only.

I find it odd the the app recognizes pdf files (as shown in the thumb nails) but cannot open them. That is a major drawback for me. Even the file attachment, I don't think its a big deal to add these features. Must be because of business/political reasons with google or BB.
    05-12-10 05:46 AM
    If this isn't working for some of you, try nixing your gmail on BIS, then adding it again. That only takes a few seconds. That seemed to get things working for me.

I "think" the read/delete sync on the PC to Blackberry works, but only after you get another message. If you're on the PC, read some e-mails delete some others, you won't see that on your BB...until you receive another e-mail to your gmail account and it pushes to your phone. I "think" that's how it's working. I also beleive I read that's how it's working for someone else in another thread here.
    05-12-10 07:14 AM
    If this isn't working for some of you, try nixing your gmail on BIS, then adding it again. That only takes a few seconds. That seemed to get things working for me.

I "think" the read/delete sync on the PC to Blackberry works, but only after you get another message. If you're on the PC, read some e-mails delete some others, you won't see that on your BB...until you receive another e-mail to your gmail account and it pushes to your phone. I "think" that's how it's working. I also beleive I read that's how it's working for someone else in another thread here.
    I believe you nailed it there, that seems to be how it is working. I had 6 unread messages this morning, read them all in my Gmail web account..got another one and the previous 6 were marked as read.
    05-12-10 07:22 AM

Same thing I have noticed with a lot of people
    05-12-10 08:20 AM
    I'm with AT&T in Southern California, & I have the 2 way syncing. I actually just noticed it over the weekend. I have not changed anything at all on my bis account. So far I see that sent mail on my computer shows up on my phone. I have never used the gmail plug-in, so if it's there, it had to come with the upgrade automatically as others have said. As far as syncing contacts (I have 3 gmail accounts), I've never done that because of all of the complaints I've heard about it. Next time I get an email, I'll have to check it on the computer first & delete it from there to see if it deletes off my phone, too.
    05-12-10 08:52 AM
    I am in Mass and on Verizon and two-way does NOT seem to be working here for me yet. My Blackberry is only a few days old, so I should have the latest BIS.

Stupid question: if I go into BIS and delete my gmail account and reinstall it in order to perhaps help the two-way synch process along, will I end up with an extra mailbox on my BB or will that be deleted?

Or should I not do this and just wait, since some people who have done nothing seem to be getting the two-way synch to work?

Sorry -- I am very new to this.
    05-12-10 09:38 AM
    I am in Mass and on Verizon and two-way does NOT seem to be working here for me yet. My Blackberry is only a few days old, so I should have the latest BIS.

Stupid question: if I go into BIS and delete my gmail account and reinstall it in order to perhaps help the two-way synch process along, will I end up with an extra mailbox on my BB or will that be deleted?

Or should I not do this and just wait, since some people who have done nothing seem to be getting the two-way synch to work?

Sorry -- I am very new to this.
    It will be deleted from your BB, then when you add it back to BIS it will come back to your BB.

No harm in trying, though it seems to have a mind of its own and only work sometimes and for some people.

Don't be sorry, you have come to the right place to ask questions!
    Last edited by J_5; 05-12-10 at 09:47 AM. Reason: spelling
    05-12-10 09:47 AM
    I believe you nailed it there, that seems to be how it is working. I had 6 unread messages this morning, read them all in my Gmail web account..got another one and the previous 6 were marked as read.
    Thats not always the case, if i read an email on the web it will mark read on the bb within an hour, even without another email coming through
    05-12-10 10:05 AM
    Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason on how it's working. I still have 40 unread messages on my BlackBerry from all morning, it hasn't marked any as read in the last 4 hours.
    05-12-10 10:09 AM
    Yay! I did nothing and now it is working for me (Verizon in Massachusetts). As others have noted, emails deleted/read in the web-based Gmail get deleted from the BB when a new message is pushed to it.

Hope it hits the rest of you soon!
    05-12-10 11:02 AM
    I unread a message on sunday and it took six hours to show up on my BB. Like others have said on here, if you send an email to your gmail account that seems to update your gmail on your BB.
    05-12-10 11:20 AM
    Interesting! So the read from Gmail on the PC to the BB seems to happen two ways: Time, or another e-mail pushes over.

Yesterday, I waited over and hour and nothing happened. The second an e-mail pushed, the read messages updated.

I've posted in a few threads here, so sorry if I'm repeating myself. My wife's phone, which she got back in December (9700) didn't need anything; it just started the two way on it's own. My phone, (9700) which I got in Feb, needed to have the BIS e-mail account deleted and recreated yesterday to get this working. My wife's 9700 was her first BB, coming from a Windows Mobile phone. Mine was my second, so I did a device switch wizard. I'm wondering if that has something to do with it.
    05-12-10 11:37 AM
    No mine is not doing it. Very weird.
    05-12-10 11:59 AM
    I'm still a bit unclear as to what new functionality we should be seeing. The only change I've noticed is that if I send an email from the web, I see it as sent on my bb.

If I delete an email on the web, nothing happens on my bb.

If I read a message on the web, nothing happens on my bb.

I don't do anything with contacts, so not worried about that.

I have a Tour 9630 on Verizon with the latest official OS.

Is everything working the way it should? Frankly, I'm really disappointed with the email functionality on my bb. I would much rather have a simple imap client that polls every 5 or 10 minutes. I find that my ipod touch is a better email device than my bb for that reason.
    05-12-10 12:19 PM
    Based on my experience as well I'd say you're correct. As far as the 60-90 minute window, I think it's whenever you get a new gmail message that the cloud syncs the two up. reading messages on my BB has always changed them to read in gmail, but now the opposite is true.

Say I have 12 messages unread on my BB and computer/web gmail. I read ten of them on my computer. my BB still says 12 unread. However, if I get one new email message then my BB will sync-up and realize ten messages have been read and the count will reduce to three.
    Yup just tested this, same thing for me on Rogers.

1. Mark an read email as unread in gmail Web.
    2. Check BB, doesn't work, email still read.
    3. Receive new email to gmail account.
    4. Now I show 2 unread emails, the email from step 1 and 3.
    05-12-10 10:39 PM
    I think it would really help if we could get the official word on the rollout...will it happen by region, country, carrier? ect.
    05-13-10 06:42 AM
    I'm not able to get the 2 way either...

Just wondering what version of the plugin are you guys using? mine is .35
    05-13-10 10:20 AM
    I'm not able to get the 2 way either...

Just wondering what version of the plugin are you guys using? mine is .35
    I'm not using any gmail plugins.

05-13-10 10:27 AM
    I'm not using any gmail plugins.

OS 5.0 should come preloaded with the enhanced plugin as far as I know.
    05-13-10 11:08 AM
134 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD