Now I have 4 duplicate copies of each contact on my BB and on my Gmail contact list!

WTF???!!!
    ya that'll p|ss you off. that sucks man. hf editing those manually
    05-07-10 09:08 AM
    This appears to be working now, but I'm really disappointed with the performance. It takes several hours for an email that I have read or deleted on the web to update my phone. And it seems like even then it will only update when a new email comes to the phone. I used to have a Yahoo account - the two way with Yahoo happens very quickly: read it on the web - the phone updates within a minute. Same for deleting. I'm hoping Gmail & Rim can ramp this up a bit. It's better than it was, but still - I look at my phone an hour after reading messages on the web - and i can't tell which ones I've read or not. Again, not the end of the world and better than it was but come on - pick up the pace!
    05-07-10 09:54 AM
    ...It takes several hours for an email that I have read or deleted on the web to update my phone. And it seems like even then it will only update when a new email comes to the phone...
    Gmail has always worked this way for me. When two-way sync is working, you shouldn't see the delay, nor should you have to receive a new mail for it to work. I'd say VZW doesn't have it yet.
    05-07-10 10:57 AM
    I just marked an email unread on the gmail web to see if it comes up unread on my BB, I'll let you know how long it takes to show up.
    05-07-10 11:31 AM
    I think that the 2-way sync is working (Verizon, Indiana, USA), but it is not a direct push. Sometimes it takes 60-90 minutes for items to get synced up. For example, when I read/delete/label/archive from my Gmail account on the web, it will eventually reflect all the changes I made on the BB, but it may take some time.

Now, the reverse, when I make changes on my BB, will get synced almost immediately.
    Based on my experience as well I'd say you're correct. As far as the 60-90 minute window, I think it's whenever you get a new gmail message that the cloud syncs the two up. reading messages on my BB has always changed them to read in gmail, but now the opposite is true.

Say I have 12 messages unread on my BB and computer/web gmail. I read ten of them on my computer. my BB still says 12 unread. However, if I get one new email message then my BB will sync-up and realize ten messages have been read and the count will reduce to three.
    05-07-10 01:58 PM
    I'm with BobDobbins.

Tested one msg deleted via web and a separate one "read." 50 minutes later, both messages still existed on my BB and both were unread. I sent another test message to the account and magically everything was synched up. The deleted message was gone and the read one was now marked as read.

Yay! My OCD anxieties regarding data integrity are sated.
    05-07-10 02:27 PM
    Yeah, the synch from Web interface to BB times seem to vary from 15-90 minutes for me. Hopefully they can get that down to near instant...
    05-07-10 03:05 PM
    Almost there

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-10 05:49 AM
    FYI, marked an email on web unread. Literally 6 hours later showed unread on BB. so long I forgot that I did it.
    05-08-10 07:13 PM
    ya that'll p|ss you off. that sucks man. hf editing those manually
    You don't have to edit the duplicate contacts manually. Go into your gmail "contacts"--- there is a box that allows you to find all duplicates--- then you can merge all duplicates in one edit. Next time gmail syncs with your bb, it will also be fixed on the bb.
    05-09-10 02:20 AM
    You don't have to edit the duplicate contacts manually. Go into your gmail "contacts"--- there is a box that allows you to find all duplicates--- then you can merge all duplicates in one edit. Next time gmail syncs with your bb, it will also be fixed on the bb.
    Nice! I never knew about that, thank you
    05-09-10 08:04 AM
    Two way syncing in Hilton Head, SC on 8530 Sprint
    05-09-10 08:07 AM
    I have 2 gmail accounts. With one account, when I send from the computer it syncs to the bb with the checkmark. With the other account, it doesn't. Has this only been partially rolled out, or is there a setting that I have set for one account but not the other?
    05-09-10 11:00 AM
    I have 2 gmail accounts. With one account, when I send from the computer it syncs to the bb with the checkmark. With the other account, it doesn't. Has this only been partially rolled out, or is there a setting that I have set for one account but not the other?
    It seems it as only been partially rolled out. No real rhyme or reason on who or how it was rolled out

05-09-10 11:13 AM
    On Bell CDMA with a Tour in Toronto area

I delete my BIS and enhanced gmail plugin and installed the Gmail software

The Push and sync gmail is working great.

Problems
    I can't attach files when composing messages or read PDFs on received messages even though the file icon shows the PDF thumbnail.

Any help would be appreciated.

05-09-10 01:11 PM
    On Bell CDMA with a Tour in Toronto area

I delete my BIS and enhanced gmail plugin and installed the Gmail software

The Push and sync gmail is working great.

Problems
    I can't attach files when composing messages or read PDFs on received messages even though the file icon shows the PDF thumbnail.

Any help would be appreciated.

What Gmail software, you mean the Gmail blackberry app? If so, it doesn't have the ability to add attachments.

05-09-10 01:16 PM
    What Gmail software, you mean the Gmail blackberry app? If so, it doesn't have the ability to add attachments.

Yes the Gmail BB App.

I guess that's why I'm having difficulty

Is file attachments and file viewing something they are going to add in the near future?

Seems very limiting. I may have to delete the app.
    05-09-10 11:04 PM
    Still no dice here. I'm thinking AT&T on the east coast is the last to get this...or maybe just CT.
    05-10-10 06:54 AM
    ya... it's a VERY feature lacking app. pretty ridiculous if you ask me ... and i still use!
    05-10-10 07:34 AM
    Yes the Gmail BB App.

I guess that's why I'm having difficulty

Is file attachments and file viewing something they are going to add in the near future?

It is a very basic app. They do update it, but not very often. Not a lot of people use it, you can see why.
    05-10-10 07:50 AM
    I've got this sorta working. I tried downloading the enhanced Gmail plug in, but kept getting an error. Before doing that, I followed the directions online, nixed my gmail account in BIS and then added it again in BIS. It appears that allowed the enhanced plug in to push to my phone? I dunno.

Anyways, for now, it looks like messages I read on my phone, show up as read on my gmail on the PC instantly. But read on the PC/delete hasn't happened yet. However, I thought I read here that those functions can take some time. So I've got a few test messages that I'm waiting to show up as read on my phone. I'll see if that happens soon.
    05-11-10 12:01 PM
    I've got this sorta working. I tried downloading the enhanced Gmail plug in, but kept getting an error. Before doing that, I followed the directions online, nixed my gmail account in BIS and then added it again in BIS. It appears that allowed the enhanced plug in to push to my phone? I dunno.

Anyways, for now, it looks like messages I read on my phone, show up as read on my gmail on the PC instantly. But read on the PC/delete hasn't happened yet. However, I thought I read here that those functions can take some time. So I've got a few test messages that I'm waiting to show up as read on my phone. I'll see if that happens soon.
    When you read a message on your phone and it marks it as read on the web interface has always worked, it's the other way around that is working for some people and not other. I left mine as unread on my phone for 24 hours, when they were all marked as read in my Gmail - still no luck for me.
    05-11-10 12:51 PM
    It's WORKING, it's WORKING! Though, just like others have said it is slow.
    05-11-10 03:15 PM
    It's WORKING, it's WORKING! Though, just like others have said it is slow.
    How slow is it for you?
    05-11-10 03:34 PM
    How slow is it for you?
    About two hours. I lasted looked at my phone then and since that time I have read about 7 emails in the Gmail web interface and when I looked back down at my phone they were all marked as read.

Of course now that I am watching it, it will probably take longer
    05-11-10 03:41 PM
134 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD