not work for me in sydeny..
    05-04-10 07:10 AM
    Not working for me.
    05-04-10 07:31 AM
    Do you think this could be a carrier issue? It seems that some people on AT&T don't have this feature yet.
    05-04-10 09:32 AM
    Do you think this could be a carrier issue? It seems that some people on AT&T don't have this feature yet.
    Not working for me either on VZW.
    05-04-10 10:03 AM
    I think that the 2-way sync is working (Verizon, Indiana, USA), but it is not a direct push. Sometimes it takes 60-90 minutes for items to get synced up. For example, when I read/delete/label/archive from my Gmail account on the web, it will eventually reflect all the changes I made on the BB, but it may take some time.

Now, the reverse, when I make changes on my BB, will get synced almost immediately.
    05-04-10 10:09 AM
    Here's how, my Gmail Apps account look like. Do I have it set up correctly in order for two-way sync to work?
    05-04-10 11:40 AM
    Here's how, my Gmail Apps account look like. Do I have it set up correctly in order for two-way sync to work?

Mine looks similar...but I also have the option to syn contacts. I left that unchecked since I use google sync for that.
    05-04-10 11:59 AM
    Mine looks similar...but I also have the option to syn contacts. I left that unchecked since I use google sync for that.
    Do you have the Advanced Settings tab where you can put the Email server information?
    Last edited by pgrtag; 05-04-10 at 12:10 PM.
    05-04-10 12:07 PM
    I was not able to get that advanced tab when I readded the gmail address. Is there something special that needs to be done to get that?
    05-04-10 01:10 PM
    I was not able to get that advanced tab when I readded the gmail address. Is there something special that needs to be done to get that?
    Yeah I entered my email address without the password and it will give you the advanced settings options.
    05-04-10 01:13 PM
    I dont have advance settings in my BIS account for gmail. Im with AT&T
    05-04-10 01:18 PM
    I dont have advance settings in my BIS account for gmail. Im with AT&T
    ... is two way sync working for you without the advanced settings? I'm just trying to figure this whole thing out. Thanks.
    05-04-10 01:20 PM
    ... is two way sync working for you without the advanced settings? I'm just trying to figure this whole thing out. Thanks.
    It is not. Yesterday i deleted messages using apple mail (it's sort of outlook for macs) and messages on the berry did not change. In other words, i don't believe it is working.
    05-04-10 01:28 PM
    It is not. Yesterday i deleted messages using apple mail (it's sort of outlook for macs) and messages on the berry did not change. In other words, i don't believe it is working.
    yeah I just deleted my account and re-added it without the password which eliminates the advanced settings option and I have all my labels and folders but they're all empty on my BB. So any help would be appreciated. thank you.
    05-04-10 01:30 PM
    Gmail is now syncing with read and un-read messages on the enhanced plugin, not just the gmail app...this is awesome!
    05-04-10 02:29 PM
    Not regarding the Gmail app, but rather my Gmail BIS in my "messages" folder:

For as long as I can remember there has been 1 way sync of read/deleted messages from BB to Gmail Web App. i.e. if I read or delete mail on my BB, it is reflected, within seconds, on the Gmail Web App...but not the other way around. Any changes on the web app are not reflected on the BB.

The NEW functionality I've seen this week is mail SENT from the Web App appears as a sent item on the BB, no notification. Aside from this, I have not seen any change in functionality.
    05-04-10 02:46 PM
    Not regarding the Gmail app, but rather my Gmail BIS in my "messages" folder:

For as long as I can remember there has been 1 way sync of read/deleted messages from BB to Gmail Web App. i.e. if I read or delete mail on my BB, it is reflected, within seconds, on the Gmail Web App...but not the other way around. Any changes on the web app are not reflected on the BB.

The NEW functionality I've seen this week is mail SENT from the Web App appears as a sent item on the BB, no notification. Aside from this, I have not seen any change in functionality.
    Same, but I am now noticing if i go to gmail on my computer and mark an email that is on my bb as well and mark it as unread it will, within a couple minutes, be unread on my bb, this is new to me
    05-04-10 03:09 PM
    agreed with the 2 comments above.
    i wish drafts were reflected too
    i use drafts section online as a notepad these days, since it's a pain to get into docs just to find/edit something.
    Last edited by webmastir; 05-04-10 at 03:35 PM.
    05-04-10 03:31 PM
    VZW in California on a Tour - not working for me. Do you have to be using the Enhanced Gmail plugin for this to work? Thanks -
    05-04-10 04:37 PM
    VZW in California on a Tour - not working for me. Do you have to be using the Enhanced Gmail plugin for this to work? Thanks -
    I think you do.
    05-04-10 04:40 PM
    I'm getting confused on reports of what works, what worked before, etc. I have all three of an Exchange connection, a GAFYD, and a 'true' Gmail on my AT&T 4.5.x 8310, as well as IMAP connectivity to all those accounts, so let me try to lay out what I'm seeing as though they were test criteria:

S1. Sent messages from Exchange acct appear in the combined-messages-view.
    S2. Sent messages from GAFYD appear in the combined-messages-view.
    S3. Sent messages from GMAIL appear in the combined-messages-view.

As far as I recall, these all worked for years, long before BIS3 was even a rumor.

RC1. Reading an Exchange account message on BB in combined message view marks it read on the Exchange server.
    RC2. Reading a GAFYD account message on BB in combined message view marks it read on the GAFYD server.
    RC3. Reading a GMAIL account message on BB in combined message view marks it read on the GMAIL server.

All three now pass. I believe RC2 and RC3 passing is recent new behaviour.

RS1. Reading an Exchange account message on the server marks it read on the BB.
    RS2. Reading a GAFYD account message on GAFYD marks it as read on the BB. FAIL.
    RS3. Reading a GMAIL account message on GMAIL marks it read on the BB. FAIL.

RS1 works and has always worked. RS2 and RS3 are not working for me at this time.

AG1. (not applicable)
    AG2. Archiving a GAFYD account message on BB in the gmail plugin should archive it on the GAFYD server.
    AG3. Archiving a GMAIL account message on BB in the gmail plugin should archive it on the GMAIL server.

These all pass; I don't know if this is new or not, since I don't regularly use the gmail plugin; I normally use the combined messages view exclusively and regard the gmail plugin as Broken-As-Designed. YMMV.

CD1. Deleting an Exchange account message on BB in combined message view should move it to the deleted items folder on the Exchange server.
    CD2. Deleting a GAFYD account message on BB in combined message view should archive it on the GAFYD server. FAIL.
    CD3. Deleting a GMAIL account message on BB in combined message view should archive it on the GMAIL server. FAIL.

CD1 has always worked.

CD2 and CD3 are what I would most hope for in an enhancement, and are consistent with how the IMAP interface works. At this time, they do not.
    Last edited by lairdb; 05-04-10 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Clarified some phrasing.
    05-04-10 04:53 PM
    On Rogers with 9700 using a Google Apps account. 2-way sync is working. On Sunday it was the send sync. Today I noticed that read/unread is working - Web to BB. The delay is a couple of hours but it is working, I am hoping it gets quicker. I used to be on a BES and I have been waiting for full 2-way sync for over a year. Great work RIM.
    05-04-10 05:01 PM
    OK - just read somewhere else that with 5.0, the plugin is automatically installed. I confirmed it's on my Tour, so I guess it's just not working in my neck of the woods yet. Must...be...patient ;-)
    05-04-10 05:12 PM
    Just thought I'd add this, I got an email just now, read it on my bb and instantly when i went to the computer and checked my gmail it was marked as read, that was fast!
    05-05-10 07:40 PM
    Just thought I'd add this, I got an email just now, read it on my bb and instantly when i went to the computer and checked my gmail it was marked as read, that was fast!
    Syncing from the BB to the web interface was always fast. It's going from the web interface to the BB that some people aren't getting.
    05-05-10 10:00 PM
134 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD