Noticed this morning that email sent from my computer via gmail is now showing up on Blackberry!!
    05-03-10 07:58 AM
    In Atlanta on AT&T BIS plan with a Bold 9000...not working for me, yet.
    05-03-10 08:59 AM
    Michigan on Verizon BIS, worked for me last night. I just happened to notice it after sending my dad a quick email from the computer.
    05-03-10 09:13 AM
    Yeah, I just tested it. I have it now as well.

I'm an 8330 on Boost CDMA(Sprint).
    Last edited by MACKSnare519; 05-03-10 at 10:36 AM.
    05-03-10 10:33 AM
    Any idea if this will work for google hosted e-mail accounts? (i.e. addresses not ending in gmail.com)
    05-03-10 10:56 AM
    No dice on my 9700 on AT&T. I did a bat pull and resent the service books.

Anyone know if this is a staged rollout?
    05-03-10 11:03 AM
    Any idea if this will work for google hosted e-mail accounts? (i.e. addresses not ending in gmail.com)
    It is working for me. I just sent a test message on my company e-mail account (hosted by google) and it was immediately pushed to the BlackBerry.

I'm still waiting for reconciliation of read/unread status and faster reconciliation of deletions from the Gmail server to the BlackBerry.
    05-03-10 11:24 AM
    Why am I also getting two way sync on my outlook account? I have it forward to Gmail but I have a filter setup where it is marked read and archived automatically, which usually prevented it from popping up on my BlackBerry's Gmail account. But now that forwarded mail is showing up as sent mail from the other account (which I also have on my BlackBerry). What is going on here? These changes are making a mess out of my inbox. You would think they would make sure everything is working fine before pushing this update out...guess not.
    05-03-10 12:23 PM
    working in West TN too. Despite the flooding from the recent storms.
    05-03-10 12:43 PM
    I am in the UK and it seems strange that it just started to sync for you guys recently. I ahve found that on my gmail it has been syncing both ways for a while now!
    05-03-10 12:50 PM
    Working in Panama, Central America.

Is there anyway to stop this? I send thousands of emails daily from my computer.
    Last edited by Starchest; 05-03-10 at 01:08 PM.
    05-03-10 01:06 PM
    I am in the UK and it seems strange that it just started to sync for you guys recently. I ahve found that on my gmail it has been syncing both ways for a while now!
    in north america we didn't even get the upgrade to 3.0 until about a month ago(I think)
    05-03-10 01:08 PM
    I'm on Rogers in Canada and I'm seeing the following behaviour:

Mail sent from GMail web interface syncs with my BB and shows up as a sent item. No notification, as expected.

I'm also seeing that if I open up and read a new GMail message on my BB, it syncs up the read status with the GMail web interface. However, if I read a new GMail message via the web interface, the read status is not sync'd back to my BB. Same for if I delete a message via the web interface, it is not deleted on my BB.

Hopefully those missing pieces will be added in...

A good start though...
    05-03-10 03:30 PM

Mail sent from GMail web interface syncs with my BB and shows up as a sent item. No notification, as expected.

I'm also seeing that if I open up and read a new GMail message on my BB, it syncs up the read status with the GMail web interface. However, if I read a new GMail message via the web interface, the read status is not sync'd back to my BB. Same for if I delete a message via the web interface, it is not deleted on my BB.
    This is exactly what I am seeing on Verizon in the US.

I just deleted my gmail on the BIS site and re-added it. I now have contacts sync. We'll see how that goes.
    05-03-10 03:38 PM

Hopefully those missing pieces will be added in...

A good start though...
    This is exactly what I am seeing on Verizon in the US.

I just deleted my gmail on the BIS site and re-added it. I now have contacts sync. We'll see how that goes.
    I have the same behavior on AT&T.
    05-03-10 04:08 PM
    Working in Panama, Central America.

Is there anyway to stop this? I send thousands of emails daily from my computer.
    I absolutely HATE it!!! If it starts syncing contacts, that will be a total nightmare. I love everything about Gmail except for the "conversation" emails and their contact format that is different from both BB and Outlook...
    05-03-10 04:28 PM
    I absolutely HATE it!!! If it starts syncing contacts, that will be a total nightmare. I love everything about Gmail except for the "conversation" emails and their contact format that is different from both BB and Outlook...
    You can go to your BIS webpage then edit the gmail account and turn off contact syncing.
    05-03-10 04:56 PM
    I have the same behavior on AT&T.

i have the same... any updates?
    05-03-10 04:57 PM

Not a good idea for me. It tripled many of my contacts and screwed up my contacts in my gmail on the computer. I will stick with google sync fo rthat from now on.

You can go to your BIS webpage then edit the gmail account and turn off contact syncing.
    I just had to do that.
    05-03-10 04:58 PM
    Also now have the 2 way sync.
    05-03-10 08:11 PM
    Also now have the 2 way sync.
    You mean for read status?
    05-03-10 08:16 PM
    Can someone tell me if you guys are referring to the synching with the Gmail app on the BB? or if your using the BB mail folders with Enhanced Gmail plug-in? I assume Gmail app, but want to make sure.
    05-03-10 08:38 PM
    You mean for read status?
    with the enhanced plugin no, with the gmail app yes
    Last edited by HFD_Lieutenant; 05-03-10 at 09:00 PM.
    05-03-10 08:55 PM
    Using the Gmail plugin:

In Australia I've been getting emails sent from my Gmail account to my BlackBerry since 21 March.

Read emails on Gmail now sync to BlackBerry.

Messages deleted on Gmail do not (yet?) delete off BlackBerry.

And no Google Calendar sync yet. But that's promised in BIS 3.1.

-- Robert.
    05-04-10 02:37 AM
    Still nothing different this AM. The only thing that works (which it always has) is sending a message via gmail on the PC sends a copy to my BB. Deleting a message or reading a message on my PC doesn't make any changes to the same message on the BB.
    05-04-10 06:43 AM
134 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD