Can't get the Gmail Mobile app (the one you download from m.google.com) to launch on my new 9700 on T-Mobile. I've successfully downloaded and installed Google Mobile, Google Maps Mobile, but when I click the Gmail Mobile icon, the device freezes for 5 seconds and then remains on the desktop screen. Anyone else have this issue?

I'm running 5.0.0.330 (latest OS approved by Tmo)

Thanks
    03-11-10 01:47 PM
    I would just get the Gmail App seperate from google mobile,

Gmail for mobile

There you go.
    03-11-10 01:50 PM
    Solution works. I have no idea why the one bundled with Google mobile doesn't work. Thanks Steem
    03-11-10 02:54 PM
    Your welcome

It doesn't work because you need each of the applications installed seperatley, for example I don't use the gmail App, I have it synced with my BB client, so when I go to google mobile and I scroll over Gmail it reads (this application is not installed, please install to continue) or something like that, all the google mobile app does is give you like a shortcut too all the google services you have installed on the phone.

03-11-10 03:43 PM
    Why don't you "push" your mails instead? it's soo much easier to check mails and it's so easy to set-up as well.
    03-11-10 04:05 PM
    Why don't you "push" your mails instead? it's soo much easier to check mails and it's so easy to set-up as well.
    For me personally, I have my work email pushed and my personal emails set up to pull (gmail app). That way I'm not flooded with personal crap all day on my phone. I can check them when I want to.
    03-11-10 04:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD