So I used to have my Gmail attached to my BIS, so I used to see it in my inbox. When I downloaded the Facebook app, the notifications on Facebook will show up in my inbox, but when I click it, it took me to the Facebook app, which is fine with me, because it deleted the email it sent to Gmail.

I downloaded the Gmail app recently, but....
    1. It does not show new mail notification at the top of the home screen.
    2. Facebook activity shows up under Gmail and not anymore through Facebook app.
    3. I removed Gmail from my BIS account. New Gmail does not show up in inbox.

How do I make it such that I don't always have to go to Gmail app to see new mail and instead access them through inbox, which will take me to Gmail app like Facebook notifications used to do and how can I make sure Facebook notification still goes to Facebook app instead of through Gmail app?

Thanks!
    07-31-09 01:59 PM
    change your email in the email settings to your gmail, that sould work.
    07-31-09 02:02 PM
    GMAIL:
    on the bottom of your homescreen there is a icon named "Set Up Internet Email" select it and it will take you to the BIS web page and add your Gmail account and after you enter all of your info you will receive a confirmation email saying that everything went ok and not only will your emails show up in the inbox there will be a dedicated icon on your home screen just for that email address which you can also use to access your incoming emails for that account.

FACEBOOK:
    In order for you to receive notifications your facebook email address has to be used on your blackberry so if you are using the gmail account that you want to access then as soon as you setup the account on your phone you will automatically receive notifications
    07-31-09 02:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD