04-17-10 10:29 PM
27 12
tools
    What is the latest version of the Gmail Ehanced Plugin for the 9700. I had 2.0.0.25 and it would stop working after about a week. I have reinstalled it several times. I have read the others ave a newer version, but I cant find it anywhere.
    04-12-10 08:49 PM
    Ya, I can't get the damned thing to work on my 9700 either. Running 5.0.0.593, and the version I had was the same one as you are trying to install. ^
    04-12-10 09:02 PM
    I have s serious problem. I reinstalled my Gmail plugin (2.0.0.25 over 2.0.0.15) and Gmail plugin stopped working. How to repair it? Use DM or is it some (Bold 9000, 5.0.0.554) trick how to enable the plugin?
    04-15-10 05:20 AM
    any solution anyone??
    04-15-10 08:07 AM
    This may be a dumb question but i cant seem to check what version i even have..
    04-16-10 09:36 PM
    This may be a dumb question but i cant seem to check what version i even have..
    Not a dumb question... My answer to you may be just as dumb as you thought your question was...

You may have to had RECENTLY deleted your gmail accounts and added them again. Maybe?

Long story short. I had the 2.0.0.25 version installed. Never paid attention to the version really. I was having problems with my service books (running .593). Totally unrelated to this issue. Went to my account on the pc, deleted my gmail accounts, and readded them. Everything was good. I came across this thread, and checked Google from my BB for a newer version. This is when I noticed that it was telling me that I already had 2.0.0.35 installed, and asking if I wanted to "overwrite" it with 2.0.0.25. Obviously I declined. The only thing I know I did that had anything to do with it was deleting & readding the accounts. Who knows? And, the only way I found out the version was to try and reload it from google, then cancel out. I'm really at a loss to say exactly, but I believe the latest version is the one I have now (2.0.0.35).

Hope this helps...
    04-17-10 12:19 AM
    Can you do that without using DM? I cant seem to find the option on the phone itself
    04-17-10 08:12 PM
    Can you do that without using DM? I cant seem to find the option on the phone itself
    I didn't do anything with DM at all. Everything from the BB browser.

Check this page out from your BB...

Enhanced Gmail Plug-in for BlackBerry Smartphones

EDIT: Just to be clear, I only deleted & readded my gmail email accounts from my T-Mobile email set up page on the PC. The Gmail plug in app and version will show from the link on your BB when you try to download it.
    Last edited by MADBRADNYC; 04-17-10 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Added edit.
    04-17-10 08:21 PM
    I tried that, it tries to install the same version i have (2.0.0.25)
    04-17-10 08:25 PM
    I tried that, it tries to install the same version i have (2.0.0.25)
    Did you delete & readd your gmail account from your BIS page via PC or BB first?
    04-17-10 08:29 PM
    ah, negative, i shall try that
    04-17-10 08:31 PM
    ah, negative, i shall try that
    Ok. I hope it works for you. If not, maybe it is device/carrier specific in regards to what version you may have/get. I did notice a disclaimer on the plug-in download page instructions indicating that this may be so.
    04-17-10 08:35 PM
    i deleted it and added it, no new options and i didnt have to reinstall the plugin..hmmm
    04-17-10 08:49 PM
    i deleted it and added it, no new options and i didnt have to reinstall the plugin..hmmm
    Ok. After deleting & readding, did you try to redownload the plug-in on your BB from the link I provided? It may then tell you that you have the .35 version already. IDK. That was the only thing I did to get the version I have now.
    04-17-10 08:57 PM
    no luck, didnt even get an option to downloard the plugin, not too worried about it though
    04-17-10 09:11 PM
    Wow. I really wished you got the version you wanted. Not too sure what you mean about an "option" to download the plug-in. If you go to the link I provided via your BB, there is ONLY an option to download it. Even if you have it on your device already (like any other app), you have the option to download over your existing app. You just have to decide whether you want to click yes or cancel.

But in any event, I hope this works out for you soon. It is possible that there is not upgrade for your device/carrier though.

ATB...
    04-17-10 09:20 PM
    Oh i have that link it just brings me to the page where you enter your email and they send you the link, i click that and it gives me the option to add or delete an email address. It's all good
    04-17-10 09:21 PM
    Oh i have that link it just brings me to the page where you enter your email and they send you the link, i click that and it gives me the option to add or delete an email address. It's all good
    This is because you are visiting the link from a PC instead of from your BB.

As I stated previously, when you visit that link from your BB, it takes you to a download page where you elect your language and so on. Then when it takes you to the download page, you can see the version, and how big the file is. If you elect to download it, your BB will then let you know what version you currently have, and ask you if you want to overwrite it. At that point you can compare and make your descision to follow through or not.

Hope this helps...
    04-17-10 09:40 PM
    I did it all from my bb and that's all i got...
    04-17-10 09:45 PM
    I did it all from my bb and that's all i got...
    Sorry. Not quite sure then, because everything you are describing is on the PC site for that link, but there is only the download option when I visit via my BB. I don't think the mobile site would be any different for each device. The only thing I can think of is that it may not be available for you device/carrier.

ATB...
    04-17-10 09:54 PM
    can you pm me the link you're using from your phone?
    04-17-10 09:58 PM
    can you pm me the link you're using from your phone?
    Try this...

http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=googlemail&

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-10 10:03 PM
    Ok. Doesn't link correctly via WAP. Sorry. Try to copy & paste it into your BB browser.

EDIT: I just copied & pasted it into my BB browser and it works fine. Takes you right there.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by MADBRADNYC; 04-17-10 at 10:11 PM.
    04-17-10 10:06 PM
    alright, i'll give it a try and let you know, thanks for the help
    04-17-10 10:13 PM
    Just a thought. You can also just type...

www . blackberry . com / gmail -in your BB browser.

Without spaces obviously. I just posted it like this so you would not get the same link as before since it didn't work for you.

04-17-10 10:21 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD