Hi everyone

Became a dad today. Ave Bel Steele born 4 weeks early. Everyone is healthy and doing well. Wont be able to do any updates for a little bit.

Regards
    Sam

Congrats!
    08-24-08 08:54 AM
    Congrats Sam. Thanks for your work thus far. Hope all is well and your wife and baby are healthy. Keep us posted.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-08 10:06 AM
    Congratulations! Thanks for your development of this program so far. Take care of your family.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-08 07:12 PM
    I've been looking for this app for ages!!
    You are a star!!!

Congrats on your baby. Hope all are doing well and the lack of sleep isn't too draining!

I have a feature request. Can you map the PIN field to one in Google contacts?

Regards

James
    08-25-08 07:04 PM
    Congratulations to you Sam. Have fun with your new toy.
    08-27-08 08:56 PM
    Congrats Sam!
    08-28-08 10:15 PM
    Hi Everyone. Im still in the hospital waiting for Ava to come out. She wont be out until Monday. Ill be able to update the duplicate deletion problem next week.
    08-28-08 11:30 PM
    There is a bug when you upload a contact with a specified company. The Company gets added as a last name, as well as the company name in GMail, as well as the Blackberry.
    08-30-08 11:55 PM
    UPDATE 0.10

http://www.debosoft.com.au/conjolasy...ync-0.0.10.zip

* Improved duplicate handling
    * Fixed "request entity too large" error

Ava has just arrived home so Ill have time to go through the posted messages and see whats been happening.

Thanks for all the testing.

Regards
    08-31-08 11:50 PM
    This is an awesome. It works for most of my existing contacts! Thanks for the hard work!!!

I am still having issues with v.0.0.09. I have contact in Google that are not syncing to my Blackberry. I have tried several setting changes on Conjola but it is still not helping. I have tried a one-way sync with gmail winning. I have tried adding the name of the people on my BB and then syncing. Nothing is working.

My address book is kinda large, over 200 people. I have a BB pearl, 8130 running OS v4.5.0.56 on the verizon network. Let me know if there is any suggestion or more information you need.
    09-02-08 12:21 PM
    Sounds like some good progress here. Nice work. I really need Google Apps support though. Is there really that much difference? I need to take some time and mess with the API sometime.
    09-02-08 12:56 PM
    Just synced with .10. Looks GREAT! Big improvement in duplicate handling. When I synced with .9, I jumped from 200 contacts to 380. This time, I can only see maybe between 10 and 20. Good work, man.

One request, take a look at the google calendar app for your confirmation page. Instead of getting to the start sync page every time I open the program, it would be better to bury the login info in a menu, and have the "last sync" info right there in the app's root page.

Also, is there any way to get to the app directly from the address book?

One other thing is, when does the sync occur? is it automatic upon saving a contact, or does it do it every 15 minutes, or something? It would be great to be able to have an option to control this as well.

I know these may be a bit ahead of where you are (I'm not a developer and would never pretend to know what the **** it takes to do the stuff I'm asking), but they were just on my mind, and I thought I'd spit them out.

Keep up the good work, man.
    09-03-08 04:00 PM
    This is fantastic, only issue that i am having is that the address don't seem to be syncing from BB to gmail contacts. Anyone else having this issue and how did you resolve if you are?
    09-03-08 09:40 PM
    Ok, so after my glowing post I realized there was still some funnyness going on.

I can create a test contact on my BB, and bingo bango, it gets synced to Google. But if I delete from google it doesn't delete from my BB. Which is a minor glitch, so whatever.

After doing some thinking, I decided that my contact databases were too screwy at this point to fix. I was losing contacts trying to clear out duplicates (I have my Google contacts syncing with my Macs through Spanning Sync), and decided to completely rebuild. I deleted everything from both my computers, my BB, and Google, and synced across the board to make sure everything was starting from a clean slate. Right now, I have about 124 contacts that I manually put in to google. However, it's been 12 hours and multiple syncs since I put the last one in, and while my computers successfully pulled every contact down from Google, my BB only has 35. I have tried the debug clear option, as well as the debug exit option, to no avail.

One other small thing, is that I'm not sure how the confirmation screen is getting it's info, but it's displaying some wacky information. Every time I sync, even though nothing is changing, and I'm not gaining any new contacts, I get a "3 contacts synced" message.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
    09-04-08 11:26 AM
    Hi everyone, I am a new 8330 user. When I run conjola sync from my 8330 it initially took a long time and acted like it really synced up, but my BB contacts folder was empty. I then went to GMAIL, added a new contact and ran conjola again - it said it added one new contact. I go to my BB and look at my contacts database - still no contacts whatsoever - ideas?

Thanks, Steve
    09-05-08 09:45 PM
    Hi Everyone

Sorry about the delay. Im still adjusting to the no sleep thing.

Ill try and fix the issues reported.

Regards
    09-07-08 10:59 PM
    When i try to sync my Curve, it just says "connecting" and shows no progress. The first time i did this a few weeks ago, it actually updated even though it didn't look like it was doing anything. Now it just says "connecting" and doesn't do anything.
    Any ideas
    thanks
    09-09-08 12:56 PM
    When i try to sync my Curve, it just says "connecting" and shows no progress. The first time i did this a few weeks ago, it actually updated even though it didn't look like it was doing anything. Now it just says "connecting" and doesn't do anything.
    Any ideas
    thanks
    Ditto. From very first version to this version, it's just frozen. I have to take the battery out.
    09-09-08 09:23 PM
    crr and moshpitius

I'll look into the stability issues. Can you both please download the log file grabber and email it to me - this will help diagnose the problem. Best to run conjola sync - then email the log file

http://www.debosoft.com.au/conjolasync/GetLog.zip
    * Attach phone to USB cable
    * Run "getlog.bat"
    * This will download the log.txt file
    * Email log file to [email protected]
    09-10-08 04:54 AM
    Can you please send me your log file?

http://www.debosoft.com.au/conjolasync/GetLog.zip
    * Attach phone to USB cable
    * Run "getlog.bat"
    * This will download the log.txt file
    * Email log file to [email protected]

regards

Ok, so after my glowing post I realized there was still some funnyness going on.

I can create a test contact on my BB, and bingo bango, it gets synced to Google. But if I delete from google it doesn't delete from my BB. Which is a minor glitch, so whatever.

After doing some thinking, I decided that my contact databases were too screwy at this point to fix. I was losing contacts trying to clear out duplicates (I have my Google contacts syncing with my Macs through Spanning Sync), and decided to completely rebuild. I deleted everything from both my computers, my BB, and Google, and synced across the board to make sure everything was starting from a clean slate. Right now, I have about 124 contacts that I manually put in to google. However, it's been 12 hours and multiple syncs since I put the last one in, and while my computers successfully pulled every contact down from Google, my BB only has 35. I have tried the debug clear option, as well as the debug exit option, to no avail.

One other small thing, is that I'm not sure how the confirmation screen is getting it's info, but it's displaying some wacky information. Every time I sync, even though nothing is changing, and I'm not gaining any new contacts, I get a "3 contacts synced" message.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
    09-10-08 06:57 AM
    I'm confused. I've run getlog.bat about 20 times. Where am I supposed to see this txt file pop up?
    09-11-08 11:50 AM
    I'm confused. I've run getlog.bat about 20 times. Where am I supposed to see this txt file pop up?
    Hi Funkeye

THe file should appear from where you run the getlog.bat from.

If the getlog.bat file is located on the desktop, then the file should appear on your desktop.

You may have to refresh the screen by hitting F5 to see the file. The file will say "log" or "log.txt"

Let me know how you go

Regards
    09-11-08 05:28 PM
    Alright, I got it. I run windows in Parralells on my Mac, and it didn't like where I was running the GetLog.bat from. I just sent you an email.
    09-12-08 08:53 AM
    Hi staino,

I had a question. You said that this is an open source application, do you have a link to the source code? I have some blackberry programming experience, and I'd be interested as to what the code looks like, or help out anyway that I can. I'm sick out Outlook (especially because I have to run VM Fusion on my Mac) and I'd be happy to help out.

-apioli
    09-12-08 10:24 PM
    Hi staino,

I had a question. You said that this is an open source application, do you have a link to the source code? I have some blackberry programming experience, and I'd be interested as to what the code looks like, or help out anyway that I can. I'm sick out Outlook (especially because I have to run VM Fusion on my Mac) and I'd be happy to help out.

-apioli
    Hi Apioli

I have not opensourced the code yet.

Regards
    09-12-08 10:27 PM
307 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD