You are not doing anything wrong.

So you have a contact on bb that has phone and email - but when syncing to gmail it only syncs the email field?

Regards

Yes, if I have

John Doe
    mobile - 111-111-1234
    home - 123-132-1232
    email - [email protected]

When i sync to gmail, all it takes is the email
    08-10-08 03:07 AM
    thank you!
    08-14-08 10:37 AM
    i keep my contacts up-to-the-minute only in gmail so i'm excited about this. i thought about updating my yahoo but they don't yet support 8330. they serve too much spam anyhow.

i anxiously await the opportunity to name my firstborn after you, staino. well, maybe as a second name.
    08-15-08 05:52 PM
    Any word on how this is going for people? Staino, were you able to get the bugs worked out?

I'm still waiting to install to find out how the bug-fixes went--but I'm still VERY excited to get this puppy goin on my Curve
    08-16-08 03:22 PM
    Any word on how this is going for people? Staino, were you able to get the bugs worked out?

I'm still waiting to install to find out how the bug-fixes went--but I'm still VERY excited to get this puppy goin on my Curve
    Hi there

Yes I'm back! Working on the bugs. It seems the halfway freeze bug may have been solved....working for me anyway. I might release a newer beta with the bug fixes (no new features) in a week.

I still have conflicting business projects so progress wont be fast.

Regards
    08-20-08 05:31 AM
    i keep my contacts up-to-the-minute only in gmail so i'm excited about this. i thought about updating my yahoo but they don't yet support 8330. they serve too much spam anyhow.

i anxiously await the opportunity to name my firstborn after you, staino. well, maybe as a second name.
    hahahaahha

So does that mean you are trying to cook up a baby just to name after me?

A more stable beta release shortly just for you

Regards
    08-20-08 05:34 AM
    Conjola Sync UPDATED to ver 0.0.8

Download Conjola Sync beta 0.08

This should fix the half way hang sync on the first sync. For all the people that have already synced using 0.05 please update then do the following:

Open Conjola Sync and click on the blackberry button on the keyboard(the one with the dots on it)
    Select Debug Clear

Try to sync again. Halfway hang should be fixed. It still takes a while at halfway mark but should go through. Please report back if its still freezing.

The other issues havent been fixed yet but will be shortly.

Regards
    Sam

Then
    08-21-08 01:03 AM
    Hey Staino,

I gave it a try on my 4.3 Pearl. Just a note: I had to delete the existing module before being able to install the new one.

The first few syncs failed with the "!" error dialog. I then tried a "Debug Clear" and had similar results. The errors do come much quicker than the previous version. I did not get any contacts imported.

During one of the syncs the app hung at "Connecting", and while it didn't technically freeze my device it left the progress bar active so I couldn't click on anything. Had to pull battery. On another occasion I did get a "connection failed" error message and was able to recover.

I don't know if this is unique to me, but once the app enters the "Downloading contacts" phase it stops network activity almost immediately. I don't know if this means it's not able to get my contacts or is already processing them.

Is there some way to print out an error message on the "!" error dialog?

Thanks again for your efforts!
    Last edited by helmet112; 08-21-08 at 09:57 AM.
    08-21-08 08:54 AM
    Hey Staino,

I gave it a try on my 4.3 Pearl. Just a note: I had to delete the existing module before being able to install the new one.

The first few syncs failed with the "!" error dialog. I then tried a "Debug Clear" and had similar results. The errors do come much quicker than the previous version. I did not get any contacts imported.

During one of the syncs the app hung at "Connecting", and while it didn't technically freeze my device it left the progress bar active so I couldn't click on anything. Had to pull battery. On another occasion I did get a "connection failed" error message and was able to recover.

I don't know if this is unique to me, but once the app enters the "Downloading contacts" phase it stops network activity almost immediately. I don't know if this means it's not able to get my contacts or is already processing them.

Is there some way to print out an error message on the "!" error dialog?

Thanks again for your efforts!
    Hi

Can you please download the getlog file here:
    http://www.debosoft.com.au/conjolasync/GetLog.zip

• Unzip the file
    • Connect phone to USB
    • Run the "GetLog.bat" file
    • This will download the "log.txt" file
    • Please email the log file to [email protected]

Thanks for your help.

Regards
    08-21-08 04:34 PM
    Updated to 0.0.9

Download Conjola Sync beta 0.09

Conjola Sync 0.09
    * Added 1 way sync options (gmail to bb and bb to gmail)
    * Added status page at end of sync
    * Improved sync time
    * Improved duplication handling - (* Duplicates when company has been * specified on gmail* Will not delete duplicate if one is deleted from gmail or blackberry )

**NOTE**
    If you are still experiencing halfway hangs or any other error message please download the log file grabber
    http://www.debosoft.com.au/conjolasync/GetLog.zip
    * Attach phone to USB cable
    * Run "getlog.bat"
    * This will download the log.txt file
    * Email log file to [email protected]

I need more feedback, especially in regards to the halfway hang.

Regards
    08-21-08 07:36 PM
    Staino, I'm really impressed with your ability to crank this out!

I downloaded, opened Conjola Sync (cool icon btw!), entered my email, then my password and clicked "Start". The process went exactly as I thought it should, smooth and no bugs--nice work!

However, when I got to the confirmation status page, it said zero contacts synced. I checked "Options" and it's on "Blackberry wins" and "2 way". What am I doing wrong?
    08-21-08 08:16 PM
    OK, I tried it again, and it worked. 101 contacts synced. I've got a LOT of duplicates to sort through but it worked.
    08-21-08 08:19 PM
    Staino, I'm really impressed with your ability to crank this out!

I downloaded, opened Conjola Sync (cool icon btw!), entered my email, then my password and clicked "Start". The process went exactly as I thought it should, smooth and no bugs--nice work!

However, when I got to the confirmation status page, it said zero contacts synced. I checked "Options" and it's on "Blackberry wins" and "2 way". What am I doing wrong?
    Hi Sultan

Can you please email the log.txt file. I can have a look at the log to see whats happening. Also can you please tell me how many contacts you have in gmail.

Regards
    08-21-08 08:19 PM
    OK, I tried it again, and it worked. 101 contacts synced. I've got a LOT of duplicates to sort through but it worked.
    I was too slow

How many duplicates? There are still some issues but there should only be a handful of duplicates.

Do you specify company on all your contacts? Are you able to indentify a pattern of duplicates? Eg they only seem to duplicate with the company specified.....

Send the log over and Ill check it out

Regards
    08-21-08 08:21 PM
    OK.
    1. Downloaded the zip file with the get log info. It seems I need a password to unzip it. I assume after I connect the phone I will go to "Run" in windows, and then type in that file name and run from my computer?

2. There was just a handfull of duplicates after looking through them. You're right, many of them were based on Company names specified on my BB but not in Google.

3. I have 65 gmail contacts.

Let me know what more info I can provide for you. I like helping
    08-21-08 08:41 PM
    OK.
    1. Downloaded the zip file with the get log info. It seems I need a password to unzip it. I assume after I connect the phone I will go to "Run" in windows, and then type in that file name and run from my computer?

2. There was just a handfull of duplicates after looking through them. You're right, many of them were based on Company names specified on my BB but not in Google.

3. I have 65 gmail contacts.

Let me know what more info I can provide for you. I like helping
    Sorry forgot about the password
    password = 123

Extract the files to your desktop and just double click on the getlog.bat file.

Thanks for the info....ill keep working on duplicates.

Regards
    08-21-08 08:53 PM
    Not going well cleaning up these duplicates I think I've deleted some people.

Maybe this was the wrong way to go about it, but I thought if I deleted from gmail, that would work. For instance: I would delete both the Chris Clemens from gmail, then combine the info in BB Contacts, and delete one of the ones in there. Then sync. It doesn't put it back in gmail.

Still working.....
    08-21-08 08:53 PM
    Not going well cleaning up these duplicates I think I've deleted some people.

Maybe this was the wrong way to go about it, but I thought if I deleted from gmail, that would work. For instance: I would delete both the Chris Clemens from gmail, then combine the info in BB Contacts, and delete one of the ones in there. Then sync. It doesn't put it back in gmail.

Still working.....
    Ok looks like its a bug....ill keep working on it for next version
    08-21-08 08:59 PM
    I have a "duplicate question".

On my BB I have 1 person with 2 listings, 1 listing has more info, like PIN and Company. The gmail contact is the same as the duplicate. What's the best way to clean this up so I don't mess it up? I've already lost a few people trying to clean up duplicates by deleting.
    08-21-08 09:17 PM
    I have a "duplicate question".

On my BB I have 1 person with 2 listings, 1 listing has more info, like PIN and Company. The gmail contact is the same as the duplicate. What's the best way to clean this up so I don't mess it up? I've already lost a few people trying to clean up duplicates by deleting.
    It seems that duplication clean up is not working to well. To avoid anymore losses I would backup both gmail and bb contacts. Your not doing anything wrong, its the program that is incorrect.

At the moment I can only recommend that you select the "debug clear" option, clean up the duplicates then try another re-sync.

Regards
    08-21-08 09:25 PM
    Blackberry Curve 8320 Tmo version 4.2.2.180.
    I like the new options on v.09 but I'm still having a problem where only 23 contacts load into gmail. I tried to merge but got a whole bunch of duplicates on both BB and in Gmail. I wiped all contacts from Google restored my contacts on BB and tried a one way sync (BB to Gmail) but only 23 contacts showed up out of 160. The end screen said 160 contacts synced and I think 175k transferred???
    I hit debug clear and tried a few times but the only thing that changes is the kbs transferred. It says 160 contacts synced but I still only have 23 in Google. Any ideas?
    08-22-08 12:19 AM
    I'm certain that this project was an incredible amount of work for you, and I appreciate all you've put into it. I've lost a lot of contacts in the sync process and seems to continue to create duplicates. I've chosen to uninstall and manually input all of my information into each list.
    Good luck with this project!
    08-22-08 08:08 AM
    I've now reloaded my contacts (from backups I did prior to trying Conjola Sync) into my BB and Goog about 5-6 times due to dupes or losses but it's all worth it if Sam can work out the kinks. I appreciate all your work! It only takes a few seconds to wipe out the errors and reload back ups. That's a VERY small price to pay for all the work Sam is doing.
    Thank You!!!
    08-22-08 08:48 AM
    Perfecto! No install problems for me whatsoever, I'm pleased to report. It might be noteworthy that my 8330 Curve is a new unit and had no contacts added as of yet so there was no opportunity for duplicate issues, etc. It seems all of my fields came through intact as well, although I only did a few random checks.

Your talent, efforts, and perseverance are very, very much appreciated. As of now I'm only practicing for a firstborn but Sam is a very appealing name (my best friend's baby's as well). Such is my undying gratitude. No lie. I was afraid I'd never get my Google contacts over and 200+ manual adds was looking none too appealing. I wanted nothing to do with Outlook and my old phone was out of the picture. Google needs to step up. They've really fallen short on this one.

Staino, you were our only hope. Thanks buddy.
    08-22-08 05:34 PM
    Hi everyone

Became a dad today. Ave Bel Steele born 4 weeks early. Everyone is healthy and doing well. Wont be able to do any updates for a little bit.

Regards
    Sam
    08-24-08 06:08 AM
307 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD