**Added OTA installation**

If upgrading, please sign out once upgrade has been complete

www.debosoft.com.au/conjolasync/

**Updated to 0.27** (Upgrade using the OTA link above)

**Updated to 0.23** (Upgrade using the OTA link above)

**Updated to 0.22** (Upgrade using the OTA link above)

**Updated to 0.19** (upgrade using the OTA link above)

**Updated to 0.16** (upgrade using the OTA link above)

**Updated to 0.15** (upgrade using the OTA link above)

**Updated to 0.14**

**Updated to 0.11**

**Updated to 0.10**

**Updated to 0.09**

**Updated to 0.08**

Hi everyone

Conjola Sync will sync your blackberry and gmail contacts.

If you havent been following, you can catch up on this thread

**NOTE**
    If you are still experiencing halfway hangs or any other error message please download the log file grabber
    http://www.debosoft.com.au/conjolasync/GetLog.zip
    * Attach phone to USB cable
    * Run "getlog.bat"
    * This will download the log.txt file
    * Email log file to [email protected]

I have decided to release the beta a little earlier (and rougher) then I wanted. This is solely to give me time as I will need to take some time off to work on projects.

Before you sync - please go into gmail contacts and clean out or review your "suggested contacts". If you have contacts in suggested contacts they will be downloaded to your blackberry

WARNING!
    This is an early beta so you should back up your contacts on your blackberry AND gmail.
    If you are not sure how to backup your gmail contacts

No zip file downloads anymore

Download Conjola Sync beta 0.19

Download Conjola Sync beta 0.16

Download Conjola Sync beta 0.15

Download Conjola Sync beta 0.14

Download Conjola Sync beta 0.11

Download Conjola Sync beta 0.10

Download Conjola Sync beta 0.09

Download Conjola Sync beta 0.08

Download Conjola Sync beta 0.05
    You will have to load the app via desktop manager

How does conjola sync blackberry contacts with gmail contacts?
    • First Sync will sync all contacts - merging them if they have the same name
    • Only changes after the initial sync will be synchronized

Please read the bug list in the post below. If you encounter problems please post in this thread. Make sure you post your phone model and OS version if its not in your profile (or make sure your profile is up to date)

Report any bugs via the forum

Regards
    Sam
    Last edited by staino; 10-25-08 at 08:04 AM.
    08-06-08 05:49 AM
    BUG List/Features

Conjola Sync 0.10
    Fixed "request entity too large" error
    Improved duplicate handling

Conjola Sync 0.09
    Added 1 way sync options (gmail to bb and bb to gmail)
    Added status page at end of sync
    Improved sync time
    Improved duplication handling - (* Duplicates when company has been specified on gmail* Will not delete duplicate if one is deleted from gmail or blackberry )

Conjola Sync 0.08
    Fixed Halfway hang

Conjola Sync 0.05
    Notes:
    An all round buggy release

What does 0.05 do? Lets start with what it doesnt do by reading the bug list below:

1. "Connection failed. Check your network settings and try again" - resolution - retry until it connects!
    2. Halfway hang on initial sync- leave for a few mins. If does not complete sync, pull the battery and try sync again
    3. Duplicates occur when company has been specified on blackberry but not gmail - no fix yet
    4. Will not delete duplicate if one is deleted from gmail or blackberry - no fix yet
    5. When deleting contacts off gmail - then syncing - it does not delete in blackberry - no fix yet
    6. If you have 2 contacts with the same name on blackberry they will not upload to gmail - fix for this is to stop being lazy and manually merge on the blackberry
    7. Duplicates occur if contact is in "suggested contacts" and is then moved to "my contacts" - no fix yet

The critical bug here is the initial sync freeze. This has occured everytime I have tested. Be patient - wait 5 minutes. If the status bar freezes at the halfway mark - pull the battery. The 2nd sync should then work without any issues. Remember the freeze should only occur on the very 1st sync. Please report if it happens after the 1st sync

When deleting contacts from gmail then synchronising, the blackberry contact is not deleted. This will be addresses in the next beta release.

This beta also has some issues with the "company" field. My tests have shown it has caused some duplicates to occur. The company field is also not being synchronising between gmail and blackberry. This will be addresses in next beta release.

The bug list put together has been from my own testing. It may or may not occur for you. Please let me know if the bugs described dont appear for you.

Regards
    Last edited by staino; 08-31-08 at 11:47 PM. Reason: had to get in quick to get the 2nd post
    08-06-08 05:50 AM
    List of actions that "should" occur (please refer to bug list):

*Create contact on device before first sync.- Contact should be copied to gmail.

*Create contact on gmail before first sync - Contact should be copied to device.

*Create contacts with same name on device and gmail before first sync.- Contacts should be merged both on device and gmail

*Change already synced contact both on device and gmail. -Contact should be updated depending on 'In case of conflict' option.

*Change already synced contact on device.-Contact should be updated on gmail.

*Change already synced contact on gmail. - Contact should be updated on device.

*Delete already synced contact on device. - Contact should be deleted on gmail.

*Delete already synced contact on gmail. -Contact should be deleted on device.

*Delete already synced contact on device and change on gmail.-Contact should be deleted on gmail.

*Delete already synced contact on gmail and change on device.-Contact should be deleted on device.
    Last edited by staino; 08-06-08 at 06:32 AM.
    08-06-08 06:14 AM
    Version 2 "Wants/extra features"

I'll place the wants or extra features in this post as they pop up. Let me know if there is some functions that you would like to see. These maybe implemented in v2 release

• Google App support ** To be delivered as a seperate paid application
    • Sync extra field listings such as birthdays ** Birthdays cannot be synced due to lack of support from google API controls
    • Control/sync groups ** Groups cannot be controled through google API
    • Add support for lastname, firstname format
    • Make startup screen similar to the google sync for calander
    • Run sync in the background due to the time it takes
    Last edited by staino; 09-22-08 at 09:51 PM.
    08-06-08 06:24 AM
    Conjola Sync v1 features still to be added (this list may grow slightly)

• Status page on completion - EG 10 contacts synced or 5 contacts deleted **added to 0.09
    • How much data was downloaded **added to 0.09
    • One way sync option **added to 0.09
    Last edited by staino; 08-21-08 at 07:33 PM.
    08-06-08 06:56 AM
    Please wait 1 minute before syncing when you have made changes to gmail contacts. It seems to take a little bit of time for gmail to be updated.
    08-06-08 07:06 AM
    So far so good for me .. nothing aside from the bugs you mentioned. Basic sync works so far on my 8330 w/ 4.3.
    08-06-08 10:11 AM
    Google Apps support please. Thanks for your hard work.
    08-06-08 10:32 AM
    Google Apps support please. Thanks for your hard work.
    What kind of apps support is there? I don't get it ...
    08-06-08 10:34 AM
    Staino, you are the man! I haven't downloaded this yet but will momentarily.

I came across this on the lifehacker webpage and wondered if it would help at all. Since I know nothing about really anything, I might be totally off base! It's a program that syncs your gmail contacts with your thunderbird contacts. Didn't know if there was something in it that might be helpful to you.

Again, you are THE man!

Featured Thunderbird Extension: gContactSync Synchronizes Gmail and Thunderbird Contacts
    08-06-08 10:58 AM
    Would it be possible to include some sort of one-way feature? I see that I have some contacts in Gmail now that were on my device (as I should) however I don't need them in Gmail. Maybe a way to exclude them or something? May be harder than it sounds .. I have no idea.
    08-06-08 01:47 PM
    What kind of apps support is there? I don't get it ...
    Google Apps For Your Domain. Google Apps – Smart business apps for email, documents, sites and more
    08-06-08 03:38 PM
    Installed fine. Went through the initial sync. Sync froze, as was stated (although it happened about 3/4 of the way through. About the second "i" in synchronizing).

Pulled batt.

Tried again. Froze again. This time 1/4 of the way through. (At the first "n" in Synchronizing)

Pulled batt

Tried again. Looked like it was going ok. Screen went black. Looked away for a second, looked back at the screen, nothing there. Definitely need a confirmation screen.

Not sure if it synced up ok, so I do it again. Froze at downloading contacts.

Pulled batt again (3rd time's the charm?)

Tried again, keeping my eye on it. Let it sit for 30 minutes. Still stuck on Synchronizing (at the first n).

All that said, I checked my gmail contacts, and noticed a whole bunch of new numbers in there, so it must have synced at least that far. Unfortunately, I also ended up with a bunch of duplicates that I will have to clear out. But that may also be due to the fact that I'm using Spanning Sync to sync my contacts from my mac to gmail as well. Lots of beta contact syncing going on in my life right now.

Curve 8310, ATT, OS 4.5.0.69

--EDIT--

It definitly synced. However, it seems that there was an empty address field in many of my addresses online (due to the sync with mac addressbook, I would assume), so the contacts weren't merged on my BB. A few other contacts weren't merged either. No address field, but some had a picture on one end, and not the other, or a catagory on one end, and not the other. Not sure exactly. Cleaning my address books (both) and then I will try to re-sync.
    Last edited by FunkEye; 08-06-08 at 06:03 PM.
    08-06-08 05:49 PM
    Why not throw the source up on Google Code and let other developers contribute bug fixes, features, etc.? My organization would make extensive use of a stable Google Apps <-> BB Address Book sync and we would be willing to donate some developer time.

BUG List

Conjola Sync 0.05
    Notes:
    An all round buggy release

What does 0.05 do? Lets start with what it doesnt do by reading the bug list below:

1. "Connection failed. Check your network settings and try again" - resolution - retry until it connects!
    2. Halfway hang on initial sync- leave for a few mins. If does not complete sync, pull the battery and try sync again
    3. Duplicates occur when company has been specified on blackberry but not gmail - no fix yet
    4. Will not delete duplicate if one is deleted from gmail or blackberry - no fix yet
    5. When deleting contacts off gmail - then syncing - it does not delete in blackberry - no fix yet
    6. If you have 2 contacts with the same name on blackberry they will not upload to gmail - fix for this is to stop being lazy and manually merge on the blackberry
    7. Duplicates occur if contact is in "suggested contacts" and is then moved to "my contacts" - no fix yet

The critical bug here is the initial sync freeze. This has occured everytime I have tested. Be patient - wait 5 minutes. If the status bar freezes at the halfway mark - pull the battery. The 2nd sync should then work without any issues. Remember the freeze should only occur on the very 1st sync. Please report if it happens after the 1st sync

When deleting contacts from gmail then synchronising, the blackberry contact is not deleted. This will be addresses in the next beta release.

This beta also has some issues with the "company" field. My tests have shown it has caused some duplicates to occur. The company field is also not being synchronising between gmail and blackberry. This will be addresses in next beta release.

The bug list put together has been from my own testing. It may or may not occur for you. Please let me know if the bugs described dont appear for you.

Regards
    08-06-08 06:14 PM
    Would it be possible to include some sort of one-way feature? I see that I have some contacts in Gmail now that were on my device (as I should) however I don't need them in Gmail. Maybe a way to exclude them or something? May be harder than it sounds .. I have no idea.
    Ill aim to get that in v1

Regards
    08-06-08 07:56 PM
    Installed fine. Went through the initial sync. Sync froze, as was stated (although it happened about 3/4 of the way through. About the second "i" in synchronizing).
    Wooooo

Thanks for your persistance. Seems like you are having an awful time with this one. Keep me up to date on how you go.

Regards
    08-06-08 07:57 PM
    Why not throw the source up on Google Code and let other developers contribute bug fixes, features, etc.? My organization would make extensive use of a stable Google Apps <-> BB Address Book sync and we would be willing to donate some developer time.
    Hi

I do need to look into releasing code under GPL licence. Ill also look at releasing source code to sourceforge.org.

I dont want to release source code until conjola sync is covered by such licence.

I appreciate your offer and will take it up - just need to cover myself and the community.

I havent had a chance to look into google apps - do you know if google apps contacts API and gmail contacts API are one and the same?

Regards
    08-06-08 08:22 PM
    Very excited for this app and willing to help any way I can!

My report: I'm on 4.3. I cleared my BB contacts before starting sync the first time, since I treat Gmail as the master copy. Conjola connects, gets past "downloading" to "synchronizing", then today sits forever, although hasn't technically frozen my device (I can hit End Call and get back to the home screen, although the progress bar stays focused so the device is unusable.) Yesterday I was getting an error eventually, the dialog with a circled exclamation point, but not today so far.

I do have experience writing BB apps so would be interesting in contributing.
    08-07-08 09:58 AM
    Wooooo

Thanks for your persistance. Seems like you are having an awful time with this one. Keep me up to date on how you go.

Regards
    I tried the sync a few more times, with no luck. I haven't (visibly) made it through the sync without a batt pull. I uninstalled it for now, but I'm subscribed to this thread, and will be waiting anxiously for the next release.
    08-07-08 10:06 AM
    Ok, I have an 8820 with OS 4.5.52

I did the sync and went though but after reviewing on google....it didnt add but one field per contact. Always, email if I had one saved in my BB address book. If there was no email, it would add just the mobile.

What am I doing wrong or that all it will do?
    08-07-08 03:19 PM
    Very excited for this app and willing to help any way I can!

My report: I'm on 4.3. I cleared my BB contacts before starting sync the first time, since I treat Gmail as the master copy. Conjola connects, gets past "downloading" to "synchronizing", then today sits forever, although hasn't technically frozen my device (I can hit End Call and get back to the home screen, although the progress bar stays focused so the device is unusable.) Yesterday I was getting an error eventually, the dialog with a circled exclamation point, but not today so far.

I do have experience writing BB apps so would be interesting in contributing.
    Did you do a battery pull and try again?

I wont say no to help
    I will get these first bugs fixed first.....and then we can share using sourceforge or something like that.

Regards
    08-07-08 03:47 PM
    I tried the sync a few more times, with no luck. I haven't (visibly) made it through the sync without a batt pull. I uninstalled it for now, but I'm subscribed to this thread, and will be waiting anxiously for the next release.
    Thanks for your patience. I hope the next version will solve your issues.

Regards
    08-07-08 03:48 PM
    Ok, I have an 8820 with OS 4.5.52

I did the sync and went though but after reviewing on google....it didnt add but one field per contact. Always, email if I had one saved in my BB address book. If there was no email, it would add just the mobile.

What am I doing wrong or that all it will do?
    You are not doing anything wrong.

So you have a contact on bb that has phone and email - but when syncing to gmail it only syncs the email field?

Regards
    08-07-08 03:51 PM
    Hi staino. Yes, I did do multiple battery pulls. On a few of the attempts, but not all, I got one contact imported. But, that's after leaving it for a long time (30 minutes?).

What is going on during the "synchronization" phase? Once it gets there I don't notice any network activity at all, don't know if that's helpful.

I don't have a huge contact list (250 entries), maybe my case doesn't work because I wiped all my local contacts?

Thanks again!
    08-07-08 04:53 PM
    Hi Everyone

Thanks for the beta testing. Its obvious now that the beta is completly unstable. Probably wise for new testers to hold off.

Ill get back into it next week.

Regards
    08-09-08 10:40 PM
307 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD