New Gmail user here on B.I.S. . . .

I'm interested in having my "contacts" and "calendar" sync between my BB Storm2 and Gmail account. Whats the best way to do this? Download "google sync" or let BIS do it?

thanks
    08-16-10 05:18 PM
    I THINK you can sync contacts over BIS but not calendar entries. I'm using google sync, works pretty good 90% of the time but every few weeks or so it will just stop and give an error and I'll have to sign out let it delete all the synced content off the phone and then sign back in and resync.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-10 05:24 PM
    I THINK you can sync contacts over BIS but not calendar entries. I'm using google sync, works pretty good 90% of the time but every few weeks or so it will just stop and give an error and I'll have to sign out let it delete all the synced content off the phone and then sign back in and resync.

Thanks for the quick response . .

Can I also do a "2-way" sync on Desktop Manager with Gmail? (for contacts and calendar). Currently I'm syncing my BB with Outlook (2-way sync) on my other email account. I'm planning on deleting this account to avoid duplicate entries on my blackberry.
    08-16-10 05:28 PM
    You can use google sync to syncronize your calendar (I use gmailto sync my contacts) - do not use google sync for contacts(uncheck this in options) as it tends toi really mess them up

08-16-10 05:31 PM
    You can use google sync to syncronize your calendar (I use gmailto sync my contacts) - do not use google sync for contacts(uncheck this in options) as it tends toi really mess them up

How do you use gmail to sync your contacts? Thru Desktop Manager?
    08-16-10 05:38 PM
    New Gmail user here on B.I.S. . . .

I'm interested in having my "contacts" and "calendar" sync between my BB Storm2 and Gmail account. Whats the best way to do this? Download "google sync" or let BIS do it?

thanks
    UPDATE:

Played with sync settings for hours and hours. My findings:
    1. BIS sync of contacts = SUCKS! I have hundreds of contacts and when BIS syncs it, did not do a great job (missing fields etc...)

2. Google sync of contacts and calendar = not as bad as BIS, but still SUCKS! (missing certain fields and duplicate entries)

I configured MS Outlook (2007) with my new Gmail account and it synced both contacts and calendar FLAWLESSLY. My opinion, this is the best way to sync. Outlook+DM
    08-17-10 10:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD