hello all,

If I want to have emails from few labels (that skip my gmail inbox) to be pushed to my bb device, what should I do?
    You don't have to do anything. It sends all mail to your BB regardless of what filters you set within Gmail.
    05-10-11 01:59 AM
    I'm bringing this one back from the dead.

Does anyone know of a solution to this? I have a zillion filters set up in Gmail to skip the inbox and archive so I can look at these messages later. I do not want these delivered to my Blackberry. I had been using the solution provided by questioner18 and it worked beautifully. And I had been using Google Synch to synch my contacts to my phone, which was also working beautifully, until Google shut that service down. So now I have no way to synch my contacts. I thought I'd give the GMail Enhanced Plugin another try since that allows me to synch my contacts but all of the messages are still delivered to my main Blackberry message inbox which is why I opted not to use the "Enhanced" plug-in to begin with. I'm not sure who's to blame for this very annoying functionality - Blackberry or Gmail.

I'm open to ideas if anyone has them. I don't want to see my archived e-mails on my Blackberry and I want to synch my contacts between my phone and Gmail.

If I can't figure this out, it may very well be the end of my Blackberry since I've had it for a few years and am eligible for a new phone.
    12-19-12 10:31 PM
    I'll bump this again...I doubt anyone has solved this but I just thought I'd try anyway. questioner18's solution wouldn't work for me either because I need the Gmail Plugin. And I refuse to give up my Bold 9780 :P

Thanks!

Edit: I simply set up the same filters in BIS as I have in my Gmail account, and this seems to work well so far, since my filters are all pretty basic.

Another solution I thought of, although a bit messy, would be:

1) Set up a second Gmail account
    2) Set up your filters in your primary Gmail account to only send messages you want on your Blackberry to the second Gmail account
    3) Add the second Gmail account to your blackberry and delete the primary one. Under delivery options, set your "reply to" address as your primary Gmail account so that emails you send from your Blackberry will still appear to others to be coming from your primary Gmail account.

The only problem I could think of with this second method would be that messages sent from your Blackberry would not show up in the "Sent Items" folder/label of your primary Gmail account. Of course, you could simply use the secondary Gmail account instead for your desktop email client as well, again making sure to have your "reply to" address as your primary Gmail address.
    Last edited by zjays; 07-25-13 at 03:08 PM.
    07-19-13 02:13 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD