I'm wondering what the preferred way of getting gmail on your phone is. I know the gmail app is not true push, but it definitely renders fonts way better. My only complaint is that it does not show images in the message. Is there anyway to fix that? Any other advantages to using the app?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-24-10 12:19 PM
    prefer bis with the gmail pluggin. faster reception and work well.
    02-24-10 12:21 PM
    I much prefer BIS with the Gmail plugin over the app. In my experience, the Gmail app is very slow and you get no html email. Just my preference though...
    02-24-10 12:26 PM
    Now that I finally got the Gmail plugin to work, I like it a lot better than the app. The Gmail app drove me nuts with the lack of HTML- anytime I wanted to click a link, I had to forward it to my BB e-mail or select-copy-paste the link. The only advantage the app has to me is that I can view all my old saved e-mails relatively easily, instead of just the ones I saved since getting the plugin to work.
    02-24-10 01:06 PM
    I am glad i stuck with the gmail plugin instead of getting the app...
    02-25-10 11:42 AM
    Is there something special you have to do in order to get the plugin? What does the plugin do? I have been using gmail with BIS for years, and never loaded anything additional.
    02-25-10 01:14 PM
    I was using the gmail app but I just couldn't stand it because of the inability to view html so using the BIS with the plugin has been a good switch. Now with the BIS 3.0 and 3.1 coming I don't think I will ever switch.
    02-25-10 03:13 PM
    I use Gmail via the BIS. I have the app installed but rarely use it unless I need to find an old email.
    02-25-10 04:10 PM
    Yeah, I've not been that impressed with the plugin so far. As far as I can tell, it only adds the ability to star messages, and I don't do that. I also don't use labels. I do like the look of BIS 3.0, which should make things much better. I just wish we didn't have to tell it to retrieve images every time. That should be automatic!
    02-25-10 04:30 PM
    The great thing about the app is that you can shut it off whenever you want, for instance when I'm at work I have email right in front of me all day. Can't do that with the plugin (or can you?).

The lack of HTML does pull it back a bit but it's worth the tradeoff IMO.
    02-25-10 07:19 PM
    I just added the plug-in & for some reason it's stuck on one person's emails. It won't show ALL my email, just one certain persons. I filted it to ALL MAIL, but it don't save as that. It goes back to the same 5 emails everytime. I can't get around it! Grrr.. lol
    02-26-10 12:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD