I have searched multiple posts/threads and am yet to find the answer I am looking for. This question pertains to the Gmail application only, not the default email app that the BB comes standard with...

How am I able to view pictures that were attached to an email. New or prior. It doesn't show anything but blank space. Yes I have 4.5 and the newest version of the Gmail app.
    Thanks for all input!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-08 02:08 PM
    What format is the pic in? I have no problem viewing jpegs.
    12-14-08 02:18 PM
    Standard file types. Jpg, gif, bmp, etc.
    I cannot view any photos attached in emails through the Gmail app. Is there suppose to be an option like on the default BB email app such as "Get Image" or do they auto load??

12-14-08 02:52 PM
    Nope. I just click on the attachment and it shows me the image.
    12-14-08 02:54 PM
    That's just it, the Gmail app displays the email as if it doesn't have an attachment within.

12-14-08 03:53 PM
    why not just use the standard mail app? its much simpler.
    12-15-08 01:22 AM
    why not just use the standard mail app? its much simpler.
    Gmail app offers some benefits in which the native BB email app cannot offer. Archiving, labels, and reading all archived mail to name a few.
    12-15-08 01:29 AM
    I like to use the Gmail app for contacts and storage reasons. Plus I can check it when I want to, not just have an email alert whenever. But it sure would be beneficial if I could view photos and attachments...

12-15-08 08:45 AM
    I too would love to use the Gmail client as I personally prefer the layout, it is closer to using the desktop version. But the 20 minute delay is a tad annoying, as is the fact that I can not figure out how to disable the BB gmail client so it doesn't alert me. The only other thing I do not like is the "messages" folder / icon alerts me whenever I get any kind of message (SMS, MMS, email etc) I would prefer to have only the alert for the type of message I am receiving. Example: If I am getting a SMS or MMS, have the SMS / MMS folder alert me (i have them seperated), if I get an email have only the gmail client alert me. I could learn to live with the delay if I could get this to function the way I want. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    12-20-08 02:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD