Sorry to be annoying with this question, but I'm at work and don't have time to search right now.

I currently have a gmail account that pushes through to my Storm 9530 via BIS.

I've heard some conflicting things about the Gmail app so I was hoping someone could help me out.

If I install the gmail app, do I need to delete the BIS currently pushing to the phone? Also, does the newest gmail app have message notifications, i.e little envelope when you have a new e-mail...etc. Thanks for your help.
    04-27-09 02:55 PM
    These is an alert icon that happens on the gmail app when you get new messages. You can leave both there, you'll just get double notified of new messages.

I don't use the gmail app, not because I don't like it, but because it doesn't push properly like when you set up IMAP push for the BIS w/ gmail. the gmail app only checks about every 15 minutes I noticed.
    04-27-09 03:00 PM
    These is an alert icon that happens on the gmail app when you get new messages. You can leave both there, you'll just get double notified of new messages.

I don't use the gmail app, not because I don't like it, but because it doesn't push properly like when you set up IMAP push for the BIS w/ gmail. the gmail app only checks about every 15 minutes I noticed.
    Sounds good. Thanks a lot.
    04-27-09 03:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD