My Gmail app will not display any pictures embedded in my email... Is there any fix for this, or is it just the way the gmail app is?

I know this should be in the 3rd parts apps section, but there is much more traffic in this section.
    01-05-10 09:19 PM
    Not sure what you mean but: Just under the sender name, if an attachement is joined in the mail, you'll have the file name just there. Click the BB button when hilighting it, the option ''open attachement'' will apears.
    01-05-10 09:22 PM
    Not sure what you mean but: Just under the sender name, if an attachement is joined in the mail, you'll have the file name just there. Click the BB button when hilighting it, the option ''open attachement'' will apears.
    Are you using gmail app or gmail on BIS? I am talking about embedded images in gmail app - not attached images. In these emails I am not seeing any attachments or options to open and images. In the body of the email I see stuff like this.

[Image dog]
    [Image item 15]

Anyone else having this issue?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-10 10:36 PM
    I'm pretty sure the gmail app will only display plain text email, if the email is html or rich text I forward it to one of my BIS email addresses associated with the phone.

I love the gmail app because I can search my entire 4GB+ of email without having it loaded onto my BB
    01-05-10 11:09 PM
    Yeah, same here. That is the main reason I keep it so that I can do a quick search for old stuff. I guess I will need to set up the BIS also so that I can get those images. Gmail really should fix that.. The app is awesome otherwise.
    01-06-10 09:26 PM
    I just got a BB Bold 2 and I agree the gmail app is nice, but no HTML e-mail will keep me from using it.
    04-19-10 01:29 PM
    I've noticed my gmail account behaves different when viewing through the general messaging app/folder on my 9700 and viewing through the actual gmail account icon (the envelope with globe)... perhaps this is the case? are you viewing your gmail from common messaging folder? or from the dedicated gmail folder?
    04-19-10 01:37 PM
    I'm running OS 5, the Gmail app and a $2.99 porgram called Show Me The Images. You can buy it here Superstore or here
    Show Me The Images - Take control the images in your inbox! - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps
    and read about it here http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=434725

For me this is a great little app.
    04-19-10 02:05 PM
    I'm running OS 5, the Gmail app and a $2.99 porgram called Show Me The Images. You can buy it here Superstore or here
    Show Me The Images - Take control the images in your inbox! - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps
    and read about it here http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=434725

For me this is a great little app.
    BIS 3.0 supports gmail now, Add it like you would any other email and you can have html email and the rest of the bells and whistles. Just dont have it sync your address book, when I did it it screwed things up royally...
    04-19-10 02:08 PM
    Anyone know a way to delete multiple emails at once in the gmail app instead of one at a time?

I wish it had a feature like "Delete Prior" in the BIS app.

Edit: The only reason I want the gmail app to do this is because gmail/BIS using the "Delete Prior" function doesn't delete them off the server. It only deletes them off of the device. I was hoping BIS 3.0 would fix this, but it doesn't.
    Last edited by travelingfool; 04-19-10 at 02:17 PM.
    04-19-10 02:14 PM
    get an android
    04-19-10 02:33 PM
    BIS 3.0 supports gmail now, Add it like you would any other email and you can have html email and the rest of the bells and whistles. Just dont have it sync your address book, when I did it it screwed things up royally...
    Yup, send an email from Outlook and it shows up on the BlackBerry. This is great. I have the Gmail app installed but I use the regular BlackBerry Messages app because I am major lazy and have more than one email account and Gmail insists on separating each account whereas Messages combines them.

I once tried syncing with Google. What a disaster. It tried to take over everything. Now I just sync to Outlook.
    04-19-10 02:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD