OK this is a new one on me.

I use the Gmail app on my 9650. (I recently upgraded to 6.0, not sure if that matters here.)

I can receive mail just fine. I can read mail. Archive it, star it, whatever.

When I choose to compose a new message I get an error that the app couldn't connect to the server (it is trying to load my contacts) and that I should try again later. If I dismiss the error and enter an email address (without help of contact list, just type it in) I can send the email without an issue.

Anyone seen this? I've tried a battery pull, no help. Tried reinstalling the app, still does it.
    02-24-11 07:29 PM
    I don't have an answer for you but I do have a question.

Why don't you just use the regular BB mail instead of the gmail app. Although you can't star or label with the regular app, it's a lot less clunky.
    02-24-11 10:17 PM
    I tried to regular blackberry email when I first got the Bold and frankly found it clunkier than the Gmail App. At least for my Gmail account. (I also do NOT want notifications of new email or all the other extras of integrating my Gmail account with the blackberry email. I really prefer to keep them entirely separate.
    02-25-11 02:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD