i just installed it on my 9700...do i need to hit "refresh" all the time to check out new email? or it does it automatically get new email at certain time interval? if so, what are the time interval? 15 min. or what?
    02-15-10 06:08 PM
    Its horrible. Hate the gmail enhancer! Its a beast to remove sometimes (for some users) as well. Bah!

It tries to keep a fairly constant connection so you should get emails regularly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-10 06:23 PM
    any1 here also able to get gmail app to work via only wifi? if so, what is the hack?
    02-15-10 06:26 PM
    @d5115r

I think the OP was referring to the standalone Gmail App, not the Addon for the BB mail app.

@OP

I never could get the gmail app to work on wi-fi, from all I could find, it just doesn't, really no way around it. It will get e-mail every now and then, not really on a set time period as far as I could tell, but hitting refresh sometimes will get things faster. It really isn't the greatest app though, and even though the Gmail Enhancer Addon also has its own shortcomings, I found it to be a much better solution for my needs.
    02-15-10 06:59 PM
    @d5115r

I think the OP was referring to the standalone Gmail App, not the Addon for the BB mail app.

@OP

I never could get the gmail app to work on wi-fi, from all I could find, it just doesn't, really no way around it. It will get e-mail every now and then, not really on a set time period as far as I could tell, but hitting refresh sometimes will get things faster. It really isn't the greatest app though, and even though the Gmail Enhancer Addon also has its own shortcomings, I found it to be a much better solution for my needs.
    u ever try the aerize wifi app hack?
    02-15-10 07:12 PM
    another questions...when new email arrive...the led blinks red...how long does it blinks before it timeout or it keeps blinking red until u open the new email?
    02-15-10 08:00 PM
    any1 here also able to get gmail app to work via only wifi? if so, what is the hack?
    You are aware that Crackberry.com does not support hacking Programs to "make the work".... good luck looking for help on that one....

02-16-10 03:18 PM
    You are aware that Crackberry.com does not support hacking Programs to "make the work".... good luck looking for help on that one....

Didn't u and ur friend bigbadwulf try to hack uma so it could work on at&t network? I'm still waiting for the proof! Lol.

Anyway I got my answer and with aerize wifi hack, u can get gmail app to work via wifi...but I don't wanna pay the $5 for the app. I want something that's free.

Last edited by vincentnyc; 02-16-10 at 04:16 PM.
    02-16-10 04:13 PM
    if the program is Running in the foreground.... 5 mins,
    Background 20 mins.

therefore it makes more sense to use the BLACKBERRY email for the push stuff. because the push is like 5-20 seconds.

but the gmail APP is really useful for browsing the 'lables' and for emailing yourself.

actually i stopped emailing myself when i found UPVISE.
    This Upvise lets me type on firefox/google chrome/IE and the notes appear on my blackberry upvise app.
    This is for ppl who don't have a bis/bes plan. Thus the gmail app would be useful.

02-16-10 04:14 PM
    I just use the push i deleted the enhanced plug in.
    02-16-10 04:16 PM
    btw..another question...i notice my battery drains more when gmail app running in the background...how much battery juice does gmail app uses?
    02-16-10 04:23 PM
    I dont get any notifications from the Gmail app,even though all items checked in customise profile,is this normal?

Robin
    02-16-10 04:54 PM
    I dont get any notifications from the Gmail app,even though all items checked in customise profile,is this normal?

Robin
    make sure you dont exit the program and is running in the background. the notificaiton should be a blinking red led. like others have said here...it takes about 5 - 20 minutes to get new email. or you can hit the refresh to check for new email.
    02-16-10 05:04 PM
    make sure you dont exit the program and is running in the background. the notificaiton should be a blinking red led. like others have said here...it takes about 5 - 20 minutes to get new email. or you can hit the refresh to check for new email.
    I dont exit the app..get no notification,though I get the mail..my gripe is why dosent it notify me?..not much point if you have to keep hitting refresh!

Robin
    02-17-10 04:13 PM
    I dont exit the app..get no notification,though I get the mail..my gripe is why dosent it notify me?..not much point if you have to keep hitting refresh!

Robin
    check ur profiles and look for gmail app. what does it say?
    02-17-10 04:21 PM
    vincentync..under Gmail-New Mail tone-on,ringtone-on,vol-medium,number of beeps-2, led flashing..so all on

jacstorm2..tried that..still the same

Robin
    02-20-10 11:38 AM
    vincentync..under Gmail-New Mail tone-on,ringtone-on,vol-medium,number of beeps-2, led flashing..so all on

jacstorm2..tried that..still the same

Robin
    Uninstall and reinstall gmail app.

02-20-10 02:01 PM
    vincetnyc..gonna try that,but I was wondering..under permissions should it be set to Custom or Allow

Robin
    02-20-10 02:48 PM
    Well I tried deleting and re installing..still the same..I get the mail,but no notification.Giving up now and relying on the BB BIS with Gmail plug in.

Robin
    02-20-10 04:11 PM
    vincetnyc..gonna try that,but I was wondering..under permissions should it be set to Custom or Allow

Robin
    yes allow. rules of thumb, select "allow" for all the apps u install if u want to make sure it work properly.

what os are u running btw?
    02-20-10 05:48 PM
    yes allow. rules of thumb, select "allow" for all the apps u install if u want to make sure it work properly.

what os are u running btw?
    4.6..thanks for your help..but as i say giving up now,I get the mail but no notification of any sort!

Robin
    02-21-10 03:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD