Hi pals, I intalled the gmail app on my bb and worked well but I don't know how to attach any files, I can read, send and view all email but seems like I can not send any files, is this normal or is there a methot that I don't know of? Thanksm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-09 08:36 AM
    Unfortunately you cannot add attachments through the Gmail app. If you need attachments you should also setup your account through the BIS.
    06-30-09 08:50 AM
    And how do I do that?

06-30-09 10:23 AM
    I see your carrier is Claro, so you would go here to add your GMail account BlackBerry Internet Service

If you don't know how to proceed from there, best to call Claro.
    06-30-09 12:32 PM
    Why is the gmail app so weak? Doesn't attach, doesn't forward emails, you can't copy any text. Does the bb people have something to do with this?

06-30-09 09:57 PM
    Maybe someone else will give their input, but IMO the only reason to use the Gmail app is to view email that is archived to somewhere other than the inbox.

BIS gives you instant push email and syncs read/deleted mail from your BB to Gmail. In the latest BIS (2.7) they've started to rollout syncing from Gmail down to BB too.

Unless you need to see email that's labelled with something other than "inbox", there isn't much need for the Gmail app. You should try BIS. You can always keep the Gmail app to see the differences between the two.
    06-30-09 11:58 PM
    I use it because my data plan does not comprise BIS (it's a lot cheaper too). The attachment issue is the only one I found limiting, but I very rarely need to send files from the phone that couldn't wait until I'm near a PC.

07-01-09 11:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD