Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone has or had this app installed on their bb, its called "GLUCOSE" (not to be confused with the "Glucose Tracker"app)
    GLUCOSE APP
    Basically, if you have/had the app, what did you like/dislike about it. Its avail on sale for $3.99 till Jan.4th, after that its $9.99
    Please give me your input as I am considering purchasing this for myself . Its hard to find an app for diabetics to keep track of glucose levels and this one seems pretty simplified and I'd like to hear from those of you that actually use it.
    TIA for your input
    01-03-11 07:08 PM
    nobody has any input?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-11 03:17 PM
    *bumpety-bump-bump!*
    Anyone have any input? Please do share! I still haven't loaded this app yet - I'd still like feedback if anyone has this! Thanks!

01-13-11 05:19 PM
    Hey,
    I'm sorry that you haven't gotten any responses. There is a FREE OS 5 glucose tracker application out there. I used it on my 8530 but ended up deleting it because I never ended up using it. I'll have to dig it up and see if I can find it. (It looked like it was built for older devices with OS 4 tbh, it was kinda crappy)

It will be nice once manufacturers of diabetes testing supplies and insulin pump, etc add features like BLUETOOTH to sync with phones, computers, etc.

My blood sugar tracking has always been poor since I was diagnosed at a young age. (Actually for me it came in the form of a tad late christmas present. ) For me, logging my sugars is a PITA.

This is all just my 2cents

Edit: I found this... and it's FREE
    BlackBerry App World - HandyLogs Sugar - Glucose Insulin and A1C Tracker for Diabetics

Maybe someone can contact the vendor and try and get a free trial or even possibly for the purpose of making a review.
    Last edited by Seven.07; 01-13-11 at 05:50 PM.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    01-13-11 05:44 PM
    Hey,
    I'm sorry that you haven't gotten any responses. There is a FREE OS 5 glucose tracker application out there. I used it on my 8530 but ended up deleting it because I never ended up using it. I'll have to dig it up and see if I can find it. (It looked like it was built for older devices with OS 4 tbh, it was kinda crappy)

It will be nice once manufacturers of diabetes testing supplies and insulin pump, etc add features like BLUETOOTH to sync with phones, computers, etc.

My blood sugar tracking has always been poor since I was diagnosed at a young age. (Actually for me it came in the form of a tad late christmas present. ) For me, logging my sugars is a PITA.

This is all just my 2cents

Edit: I found this... and it's FREE
    BlackBerry App World - HandyLogs Sugar - Glucose Insulin and A1C Tracker for Diabetics

Maybe someone can contact the vendor and try and get a free trial or even possibly for the purpose of making a review.
    hi Seven. Thanks for the reply! I'm sorry to hear you were diagnosed at a young age, and at Christmas time no less . I actually found out about 2yrs ago this March. (I'm over 40-wasnt a surprise, runs in the fam.) I just wasn't feelin 'right' and was drinking water like I was a camel lol. Even though I'm on meds(tablets-i'm type2) twice a day, I still check myself at least 3 times a day, and my doc still wants me to keep a little notepad of my results, but honestly that has gotten annoying. It would be easier to show her my results via bb and no notepad & pencil to worry about carrying around I just loaded bb app world onto my Bold the other day & I honestly didnt even think of checking there! (sometimes the lights are on but no ones home-lol) Thank you for the link-I will definately check that out!

And thanks for sharing your .02 cents with me.
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 01-13-11 at 07:25 PM.
    01-13-11 07:19 PM
    I also just remembered what that other one was called: Logbook FX

However their website and the download link I once used is no longer there. I also have no idea if they even offer a 480x360 version for our Bolds. If you have the chance to try out more of these glucose applications, please let me know. If there is a decent one (with a nice UI) I'll give it a try for sure. A lot of these glucose apps look like they were made 10 years ago. :P

Also with a insulin pump it's a little different of keeping track of things. >.< some of these apps only have input for injections and I'm continuously receiving insulin. (1.15 units/hour to be exact, changes to 1 u/h @ night)
    01-13-11 07:34 PM
    I also just remembered what that other one was called: Logbook FX

However their website and the download link I once used is no longer there. I also have no idea if they even offer a 480x360 version for our Bolds. If you have the chance to try out more of these glucose applications, please let me know. If there is a decent one (with a nice UI) I'll give it a try for sure. A lot of these glucose apps look like they were made 10 years ago. :P

Also with a insulin pump it's a little different of keeping track of things. >.< some of these apps only have input for injections and I'm continuously receiving insulin. (1.15 units/hour to be exact, changes to 1 u/h @ night)
    No prob about the LogBook FX if its no longer avail. I will be happy enough to check out this free one you supplied the link for

Ok, I will be glad to let you know how the app works out, including if I try any others. I will dwnld it in a few days(prob Sun.or Mon.), I just installed Mobile Recovery on my Bold & I like to wait a few days inbetween to make sure apps that I install "behave" themselves before adding another new one

Wow, the insulin pump must be hard to deal with. As for entering info, I can understand why it would be difficult for you to track. But either way, I will let you know how this app is when I load it.

Thanks again much appreciated!
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 01-13-11 at 07:57 PM.
    01-13-11 07:55 PM
    So just an update-with the help from a fellow CB'er 'Seven.07' for posting this app for me, I've dwld it on 1/17 and is exactly what I was looking for If I had to rate it-i would give it 4 out of 5 stars. The reason for 4 only is because when I went into the "Insulin" section of the app, I was able to access new entry & past entries, but when I tried accessing the graph-my Bold would freeze & I would have to do left alt+right shift+del(soft reset). I don't use the insulin section of the app-i was just checking out all the features of it. I've posted screen shots of what each section looks like. For the glucose graph, you actually click into that section and then 'scroll' with the trackpad to view it in day, week, month or year, so you can see how your progress is going. (Screen shots to follow this post) Your entries can also be synced with HandyLogs.com thru your account this way you have it avail online and can access to print it out & bring it to your doctor. I still have to set this function.

Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 01-19-11 at 07:47 PM.
    Fit24 likes this.
    01-19-11 07:17 PM

01-19-11 07:20 PM

01-19-11 07:22 PM

01-19-11 07:24 PM

01-19-11 07:42 PM
    Thanks for the screenshots!

01-19-11 08:53 PM
    Thanks for the screenshots!

Yw! i fig'd it'd be a good idea for anyone considering this app, they can see what it looks like "in action"
    trucky likes this.
    01-20-11 07:48 AM
    Thanks for taking the time to review this. Looks like a cool app and I've just downloaded it. I've always hated the little log books so now maybe I'll have incentive to keep track again.
    01-20-11 10:39 AM
    Thanks for taking the time to review this. Looks like a cool app and I've just downloaded it. I've always hated the little log books so now maybe I'll have incentive to keep track again.
    YaY! I have a "buyer!" lol. I'm soooo happy to hear you've downloaded it I honestly hate the little logbooks also.
    Enjoy Trucky! Please post back with an update on how your liking it
    01-20-11 01:11 PM
    Hi everyone Ok, just to update you. Now that you have your HandyLogs Glucose App, you can sync your entries from your Blackberry to your account online with Handy Logs. Heres how you would do this.
    Access this link from your Lap/Desktop computer: HANDY LOGS.COM

So once your on the website, you'll choose "free sign up & log in" It'll take you to a log in page, scroll down a bit to "New User Sign Up" Use your email address you choose and think of a PW also. Enter in the security code it gives you in the box next to the open field. Click/check the box for agree to terms of service. Click Register. From there you will be brought to your 'home screen' showing your email address with "VERIFY" next to it. Click this to have the website verify your email addy. After you do that you can continue on the website, you dont need to wait for an email (I didn't).

When your on the page that says "HOME" look to the boxed tabs on the left-choose "SETTINGS" From there you'll see the boxed tabs on the left again and you'll choose 'PAIR DEVICE' this will bring you to a new page. Click 'NEW PAIRING CODE' Now this code, I actually stored it in my PWK on my Bold in case I ever need it for future reference.
    So, once you have your pairing code, this is where your Blackberry comes in. Open up the HandyLog Sugar App and scroll to "Sync to Website" from there you'll go to a screen to enter in the pairing code number. Once you do that, click your menu key and "Register" should be highlighted, click this. Once the registration is complete you can back out of that and go back to the "Sync to Website" option. There you will click on the first option available "Save the data on phone" This may take a minute or 2, you'll see a screen with the bar moving with progress.
    Once this is completed sucessfully, you can then go on the website from your lap/desktop and view/print your entries you just uploaded from your Blackberry. When your on the "HOME" page, scroll down to the bottom and click on the boxed tab "SUGAR" From there, once again, use the boxed tabs on the left to navigate.

With the sync from Blackberry option, you can choose when you want to update your glucose log. Either every day, 1x a week, every 2wks., etc. you get the idea. Now, whenever you need to visit the doc, you can sync, then log in and print out a copy of your entries

So, I think I've covered all the steps. I hope I didnt miss any & if i did, dont shoot the messengerlol
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 01-20-11 at 07:36 PM.
    01-20-11 05:32 PM
    I too, downloaded this app yesterday. So far, so good. I wouldn't mind seeing Humulin added to the choices instead of having to choose "other". I wish I'd have seen this app last fall when I was forced to work night vs days. I'm horrible when it comes to keeping my log book up to date!

01-21-11 04:52 AM
    I too, downloaded this app yesterday. So far, so good. I wouldn't mind seeing Humulin added to the choices instead of having to choose "other". I wish I'd have seen this app last fall when I was forced to work night vs days. I'm horrible when it comes to keeping my log book up to date!

YaY!!! Another new user! As for the 'Humulin' to be added on the insulin section, why don't you try contacting HandyLogs at this email address: support@handylogs.com
    When you open up your app, scroll to ABOUT and it will give you your installation ID, release date and the version-2.1. Its worth a shot-they may not know that users want/need this option
    RR, Please post an upate in how your doing with the app

Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 01-21-11 at 05:10 AM.
    01-21-11 05:08 AM
    Thank you for this thread! I will recommend this app to others that may need it.
    01-21-11 10:46 AM
    Thank you for this thread! I will recommend this app to others that may need it.
    thanks guava! it does just what is needed without anything being confusing.

01-21-11 10:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD