Hey all,

Just picked up a new Tour from Verizon. I bought the Global Email plan because I will be traveling overseas this next semester. I was wondering if Global Email includes internet access on the phone / bbm, or is it literally only email?

Any input helps, Thanks!
    01-10-10 12:50 AM
    it includes all internet access on ur phone/bbm. i used it while in canada.
    01-10-10 01:21 AM
    All data, including email, bbm, internet. I'm using it in Canada right now. It doesnt include tethering though, and I'd be extremely weary of tethering it without a tethering plan since international data roaming is extraordinarily expensive.

Also, you don't need that plan while you're still stateside, you're just wasting your money. Verizon will change your plan for free starting on the day you leave.
    01-10-10 03:04 PM
    To save yourself some money, you can call verizon and only activate the Global Email plan for when you need it. I did this when I went on a cruise to the Caribbean, I only paid for the Global plan for 1 week.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-10 03:51 PM
    Yeah I probably should have waited to activate Global Email but thats alright. Anything I should know about Tethering though / be careful with? Will be using it in Japan, China, India and Capetown..
    Last edited by LinxuSx; 01-11-10 at 12:51 AM.
    01-11-10 12:40 AM
    I just used mine overseas (Sprint). I used tetherberry and I didnt get any overcharges. YMMV
    01-11-10 06:21 AM
    Yeah I probably should have waited to activate Global Email but thats alright. Anything I should know about Tethering though / be careful with? Will be using it in Japan, China, India and Capetown..
    The word is that Verizon has its own tether-plan. If you do not sign up for that and use Tether(berry) and they catch you at it, you could be dropped as a customer and/or be billed for all those BYTES which can be very pricy. Some say you will not get caugh.

In the verizon subforum, there is now a growing thread called something like 'tether RANT' discussing the pros/cons.
    01-11-10 08:26 AM
    Same here... Verizon switched to Global for me the dates that I was on vaca in Jamaica. email, bbm, internet... Actual calls and texts were expensive but you can get a local sim if you really need to make calls. For me email and bbm were fine, I hate talking on the phone anyway.

As far as service was concerned I got great service even in the depths of the country where there was barely light and running water. Funny enough the worst service I got were the days we stayed at the Ritz. LOL!
    01-11-10 10:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD