hey, i want to get rid of all the useless apps I dont use on my curve. Theyre not on the application list, just the icon still shows up on my home page. I "hide" them, it just bothers me theyre still there! How do I make all the unwanted icons go away, such as myspace, icq,yahoo, facebook, etc...!
    01-14-10 02:03 PM
    i just highlight the app hit the BBmenu and hide them, then if you need to see them again select SHOW ALL
    01-14-10 02:09 PM
    hide them HIDES them. They are not programs, just icons pushed down by your carrier. They do nothing to harm the phone.
    01-14-10 02:31 PM
    You can remove some stuff like ICQ, AIM, Push to Talk, etc. using Shrink a OS, or if you know what you are doing, you can manually remove the .cod files from your Java folder in your OS folder installed on your computer, then reload the OS to your BB.

FYI, you can't remove Facebook, Myspace, and Appworld because they are pushed to your device through your service books. The best that you can do is to hide them as suggested.
    01-14-10 02:45 PM
    I discovered Bing on mine after an update. I would like to remove it, but it doesn't show in the apps list either. Any suggestions for removing it short of modifying the Java files?
    01-14-10 02:58 PM
    I discovered Bing on mine after an update. I would like to remove it, but it doesn't show in the apps list either. Any suggestions for removing it short of modifying the Java files?
    Bing is coming from Verizon. They are using Bing for a search engine exclusively.
    01-14-10 03:03 PM
    haha, that made me laugh a little.
    01-14-10 03:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD