hello,

so my facebook app was working fine and updating notifications and everything, but at the same time i was getting email and sms notifications for some reason. so i turn of email and sms notifications on facebook, then my facebook app stoped updating notifications.

how can i get notified via the facebook app and nothing else?
    and status' aren't updated
    thanks!
    07-31-09 04:31 PM
    turn email notification back on and then go into "option" in the Facebook app and uncheck blackberry message application.

that's all you have to do. You can use uncheck leave notification on mail server.

ditty
    07-31-09 04:36 PM
    ok i unchecked blackberry message app, but it still doesn't work
    07-31-09 04:41 PM
    What does the app do that you can't do on the mobile site anyway?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 04:46 PM
    i don't exactly know but when it works it's cool
    07-31-09 04:48 PM
    @OP I was having the same problem with the FB app. I finally got so sick of getting the same notifications twice that I gave up using FB on my BB.

I wish I had a good answer for ya!
    07-31-09 06:40 PM
    The facebook app does less than the mobile site. Not even all of your friends will show up if u search for them.
    07-31-09 10:49 PM
    I get updates and notifications on my blackberry and i don't get emails for them on my Tour. I do get the emails in my email on my laptop. I do not have a mobile phone registered on facebook to receive messages.

Not sure that is much help..the only other thing you could do is make a filter so those emails are not sent to your device.
    Last edited by Renocat; 08-01-09 at 10:30 AM.
    08-01-09 10:26 AM
    Yeah I only have the FB app on my to make it easier to upload pics, other then that I use OPERA to view FB and it seems to work just fine. sorry I couldnt help with the problem but maybe this could work better for you anyhow, just have FB send the updates to your "[email protected]"
    08-01-09 10:30 AM
    The facebook app does less than the mobile site. Not even all of your friends will show up if u search for them.
    You have to wait for all your friends to load. Once they do, you can find all of them.
    08-01-09 11:08 AM
    I wish I could credit who originally posted this, but don't remember his name.

I'm with vzw and as such I get an email account for bb. [email protected] (or something like that). I set up that account on my bb and then hid the icon. I then have fb notifying that address. Now I get all my notifications thru the fb app but I'm not clogging up my regular email with the messages. I don't use the carrier email for anything else so I never need to check it.

08-01-09 11:22 AM
    You're getting SMS notification because you're subscribed to BB mobile, and you're getting email notification (you can turn those off through FB account notification settings). So if you unsubscribe to those, you should be fine.

08-01-09 11:42 AM
    I wish I could tell you how but I receive my notification via the app and not email. I do receive an email on my computer though. I just wish FB didn't overwrite some of my caller id pics.

08-01-09 11:57 AM
    And as for some reason, you can't see when friends have recently uploaded/been tagged in photos. Only way to view photos is to go directly to the friend's profile.
    08-01-09 11:59 AM
    I wish I could tell you how but I receive my notification via the app and not email. I do receive an email on my computer though. I just wish FB didn't overwrite some of my caller id pics.

FB will not overwrite the caller id pics if you go into Menu->Options and uncheck Caller ID Pics (or whatever it's called). There are several options there that you can customize.
    08-01-09 12:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD