Hi,

Thought about putting this in the thread about one of these 2 apps...

..."Think about Me" & Don'tDisturbMe...
    http://www.mobihand.com/product.asp?...id=84748&n=Don

...but I decided this as probably a general question.

"Think About Me" is a birthday reminder app. The great part about it is that it allows you to send a text to anyone in your address book who doesn't have a birthday set up. This text asks people to respond with their date of birth in a dd/mm/yyyy format. The app then waits for a text containing the xx/xx/xxxx string, then adds the birthday to the main contact details in the address book. Excellent.

"DoNotDisturb" is a SMS filter. It watches your inbox for any texts matching any rules you've set, and 'quarantining' any texts you wish to ignore. For example, I don't want to see any texts from anyone at all regarding the weekly 'rota'. I set 'rota' as a keyword, all the other textx are fine, but as far as I can see I never received anything to do with wanting to swap shifts or whatever. Again, perfect.

but

each of these apps obviously needs permissions set up to be able to do their thing. I can;t seem to get the two to play together. Either one is disabled, or the other is. Is there any way to have 2 apps that both want access to the same thing operate on a priority basis?

Cheers!
    Last edited by djh_wolf; 10-02-10 at 07:33 PM.
    10-02-10 07:28 PM
    Your issue is specific for the SMS handling apps. Only one app at a time can listen to (and handle) incoming SMS.
    10-03-10 04:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD