Hello CB,

I been away for a while; but today looking around for an augmented reality app for the BBs, found that there is one app called GetFugu, it appears that it only works for the Curve (3 types) and the Bold, also the Storm is next.

Because I saw people asking for it and no one saying there was one I figured I should post this. Hope the lucky Curve and Bold users can use it and let us know how that app works.

I have not used the app as I have a Tour, but quickly read a few articles and it looks like a good app.

And it is FREE (ad-supported)

Get Fugu
    12-21-09 03:04 PM
    What's it sorta like Vlingo?

Lets move it to 3rd Party Apps

EDIT: Or another mod will move it as I am typing.
    12-21-09 03:33 PM
    What's it sorta like Vlingo?

Lets move it to 3rd Party Apps

EDIT: Or another mod will move it as I am typing.
    Thanks

It looks like it allows you to take a picture of Logos, or products, and it would pretty much do a complete search, so you can buy products, buy movie tickets, get info, download stuff. Got it from the video explaining the "See it" section of the app. This uses your camera, and takes a pic of whatever you want.

The "Get it" section looks similar to the pics of layar, in which it shows you in augmented reality the business near you.

There is also the "say it" option which is pretty much self-explanatory

Like I said I have not used the app because I have a Tour.

Hopefully someone with a Curve or Bold can try it out and let the community know

This is my 1,000 Post!!! I'm a master now, lol
    12-21-09 06:08 PM
    As of right now, the app is kinda limited in it's capabilities. I have been following this closely and know what it can do. The basis behind it is to provide advertising and marketing gimmicks to the cell phone at the users request. The GetFugu website is a great for information and speaking of the Storm version is available now. This app is carrier and platform agnostic, next step is getting the TOUR app up and then expanding to BREW and WINMobile J2ME etc. The app is capable of using augmented reality for advertising purposes. Check out 3w.advertise.getfugu.com for a sweet video simulating the AR concept that will give you an idea of what GetFugu intends on using AR for.

Edit: 3w is code for www, since I can't post links to your site.
    12-22-09 02:00 PM
    how the FUDGE do u delete the stupid app!?! blackberry curve 8330 please inbox me!
    12-23-09 06:15 PM
    how the FUDGE do u delete the stupid app!?! blackberry curve 8330 please inbox me!
    Have u figured out how to delete this app from the 8330?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-10 12:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD