Hi!

I'm just wondering how everyone here finds out about new apps - the ones they love and use everyday. I know that there are some pretty standard places:

-Blogs
    -Forums
    -the app stores (top, recommended)

But, I'm wondering what's the weirdest place you've ever heard about an app? Or, out of the places listed above, which are your favourite?

I'm really trying to understand the CrackBerry community as much as possible.

Thanks!
    06-22-10 05:32 PM
    Well, found out about most of my apps at CB, and a couple at some other sites. Some things like MLB, ESPN or news sites advertize their mobile apps. Blogs or this forum will give you the most information on apps.

To date, all purchase apps have been through the MobiHand Store, which is what the CB App Store uses. If you purchase at any site that uses MobiHand it will show up on your my account page at the CB Store and on the Superstore App.

So far the only thing I've gotten from BB App World are free apps like Youmail, BBM or Twitter. App World 2.0 will be much improved allowing credit card purchases or carrier billing.
    06-22-10 07:53 PM
    MobiHand Store - I will definitely look into that. I am seeing that the App Store - although it's official - may not be the best place for all apps.

Case in point - Cnectd seen viral registration with GetJar
    06-22-10 09:20 PM
    Right now App World only takes payments through Pay Pal.
    06-23-10 06:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD