My gay guy friend has an app on his Hero where gay/bi guys post their profile & their location automatically updates w/ gps. For example, my friend does a search according the certain filters he sets. Say he wants to do a search for gay men 25-35 who are up to 10 miles away. He does the search, & then a bunch of thumbnail profiles appear w/ the pic, screenname, age, & location of everyone who fits his search.

I think that's pretty dang rad! I'd love to have an app like that. Like, if I'm out @ a busy shopping center I could do a search & find a cute chick to treat to coffee.

I've also heard of "gaydar" apps that make the phone vibrate when you're w/in a certain distance of someone else who is logged into the app. That would be fun, too .
    05-06-10 02:19 PM
    UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM???????????????
    05-06-10 02:47 PM
    You know, not everyone will have the same ideas regarding useful apps. What's useful to some won't be useful to others. Do you know what I do when I see threads about applications that I'm not interested in? I skip over those threads. An lgbt dating app doesn't interest you? That's fine, move on.
    05-06-10 03:33 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/gri...kberry-443175/

I saw this post and when it said grindr I wasnt sure what it was... I think this is what you were looking for.
    05-06-10 08:03 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/gri...kberry-443175/

I saw this post and when it said grindr I wasnt sure what it was... I think this is what you were looking for.
    Thanks!! Yep, this is along the lines of what I was looking for...only I'd like the women version . I wonder if one is in the works.
    05-06-10 09:05 PM
    Hope you find a partner out there perfect for you!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by pkcable; 05-06-10 at 11:21 PM. Reason: edited
    05-06-10 11:16 PM
    You know, not everyone will have the same ideas regarding useful apps. What's useful to some won't be useful to others. Do you know what I do when I see threads about applications that I'm not interested in? I skip over those threads. An lgbt dating app doesn't interest you? That's fine, move on.
    Amen sister! I deleted the less than friendly posts.

As far as I know there is NOT a female version of Grindr, but there should be. Perhaps you should reach out to the developer and express your interest and he/she (probably he) could adapt/make one. Also check out our social area there are several lgbt friendly threads.
    05-06-10 11:25 PM
    ^^^^^
    This really clears up something for me that I've been wondering for some time now. Thanks.

05-06-10 11:41 PM
    yep ......
    05-06-10 11:46 PM
    I'm gonna go off-topic for a second, anyone remember the office episode where kim bought a "gaydar" for dwight? Lol

05-06-10 11:48 PM
    Grindr for BlackBerry will hopefully be out of beta soon. I'm one of the testers and it's pretty rough. As far as a female version goes, the creator said he was working on a lesbian and straight version as well.

05-07-10 12:03 AM
    I'm gonna go off-topic for a second, anyone remember the office episode where kim bought a "gaydar" for dwight? Lol

That is why I opened this post, thought it would be something related to the office. Lol

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-07-10 12:45 AM
    Awww thanks everyone for your KIND responses! Especially you, pkcable . I hadn't thought of reaching out to the developer of grindr, but it's great that JonathanBrass says there's a lesbian one in the works! I hope it really takes off once available.

And, I love the social forums here. I've actually started/posted to a few lgbt threads & met some pretty rad people .
    05-07-10 09:47 AM
    Grindr for BlackBerry will hopefully be out of beta soon. I'm one of the testers and it's pretty rough. As far as a female version goes, the creator said he was working on a lesbian and straight version as well.

When will Grindr for Blackberry be properly available?
    06-13-10 04:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD