I have the Garmin Mobile app on my Storm 2. It's fantastic, much better than VZ Navigator! One thing troubles me. I can't find the mileage to my destination. All the main screen shows is predicted arrival time. Does anyone know how to display the mileage?
    02-22-10 02:04 PM
    Garmin doesn't display miles to destination, hours/minutes til arrival nor what road you're currently on. It show MPH, and time of arrival. Garmin Mobile lacks many features that VZ Navigator has. Hopefully they will update their app soon.

Notice on the Garmin Mobile screen it says i'll arrive at 4:17 PM. Ok, but how many days later? And i have to back into my BlackBerry clock to look at the time. The arrival info GM is displaying isn't useful on multiday trips. Compared to the VZ Navigator where you can see i'm heading across the country.

Garmin Mobile

VZ Navigator

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-10 05:55 AM
    .......And i have to back into my BlackBerry clock to look at the time.......
    Is the clock in your car broken?
    02-23-10 08:21 AM
    Not all cars are as fancy as my Subaru and have a clock! Ha

My previous car (VW Bus) did not have a clock. In my new car, i prefer to have the Miles Per Gallon showing so i can adjust to get the best gas mileage (along with outside temp display).

Garmin just needs to change the MPH and time of arrival to more useful info! Showing the time of arrival is also useless on trips that are more than one day.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-10 08:27 AM
    Actually, it can be interesting comparing the odo's speed with the gps speed. Most cars over-report speed by some factor. But more info from Garmin would be nice. My beef - you cannot get it to repeat its last instruction if you missed if (old ears!!!)
    02-23-10 09:06 AM
    Let me add that to the list of cons for Garmin! It's not just your ears. i have great hearing and i find myself having VZ Navigator repeat the next step if i have the radio on or window open and it's loud inside the car. Or if i wasn't paying attention.

Interesting is different than useful. i like to compare my speed to those lighted signs the highway department sets up. It is neat. However, in a GPS app, it is not helpful to display speed. At least Garmin Mobile should offer other dispaly data! Especially for $100 app.
    02-23-10 09:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD