I got my first BB a couple of weeks ago (a bold), and I luv it, but i am disappointed with the lack of good games out there, the iphone has what seems to be tons of great games.

anybody agree, or know of some sites where i could score some awesome BB games?

(not poker or card or board games but graphical)

the only great one i've found is Spore - and it rocks
    01-26-09 11:41 AM
    The game selection isn't going to be anything like the iPhone.

Nintaii is pretty fun. Street Fighter is fun. There are many others I want to try on Handango and in the MediaNet browser, but most of them don't have trials and you basically have to buy it to find out if they are good or not.
    01-26-09 12:25 PM
    bplay has some.

honestly, you're not gonna find any truely amazing games for bb. they don't exist because bb has a horribly small selection of games.
    01-26-09 03:02 PM
    Ive found some good games from mobilerated.com or hovr.com.

Recently I found some excellent free games from eveek.com in the forums section.

Hope you can find what you want
    01-26-09 03:58 PM
    there's a bunch out there but good free ones are harder to come by. the free ones are usually spin offs of originals, and if you're okay with that then there's a bunch out there.

(try googling them, i found a tetris-like game on this i used for a few months: 170+ Free Games for your BlackBerry | BB Geeks )

i just downloaded a (paid) version of chuzzle and i love it!
    01-26-09 11:45 PM
    im not saying free games - i paid for spore and luv it - there is a terrible lack of good games u pay for - maybe the new RIM app store will have some
    Last edited by yankle; 01-27-09 at 09:37 AM.
    01-27-09 09:32 AM
    Who wants to be a millionaire is a horrible game. Small selection of questions, but more importantly the font is WAY TOO SMALL!! and cannot be adjusted. A very poorly designed game
    01-27-09 10:56 AM
    they have bejeweled for blackberry so i'm set lol. but you're right, yankle, the iphone seems to have newly developed games for theirs, but hey, i'm a fan of classics like tetris so i'm not complaining.
    01-27-09 11:07 AM
    any known good games for the storm, any games that would let you use the wii like tilt features
    01-28-09 12:04 AM
    there's a bunch out there but good free ones are harder to come by. the free ones are usually spin offs of originals, and if you're okay with that then there's a bunch out there.

(try googling them, i found a tetris-like game on this i used for a few months: 170+ Free Games for your BlackBerry | BB Geeks )

i just downloaded a (paid) version of chuzzle and i love it!
    I LOVE Chuzzle too! I am also a huge Mahjong lover and think that if anyone can get it on their BB their addiction rate will rise exponentially!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-09 12:14 AM
    01-28-09 12:41 PM
    Mobile Phone Games | Cell Phone Games | Mobile Games

They have some great games. Worth the price, IMHO.

Also check out Astraware/Handmark.
    01-28-09 12:54 PM
    bplay.com has chuzzle and it is a horribly addicting game. almost like bejewled but not. it is fun though
    01-30-09 12:11 PM
    Bought Spore, pretty cool game so far.
    01-30-09 12:30 PM
    I love the Wolfenstein RPG and Orcs & Elves on my bold. I've also tried Age of Empires and Spore but wasn't a huge fan of those. Nintaii is also an excellent quick time waster.

01-31-09 03:31 AM
    I love the Wolfenstein RPG and Orcs & Elves on my bold. I've also tried Age of Empires and Spore but wasn't a huge fan of those. Nintaii is also an excellent quick time waster.

How does wolfenstein rpg look on the bold screen. does it use up most of the screen space?
    02-02-09 05:10 PM
    How does wolfenstein rpg look on the bold screen. does it use up most of the screen space?
    It looks great. The game is full screen.

There's a green border around the viewport that matches the rest of the HUD where your ammo and health are. So the actual world view isn't full screen, but the game itself is. The weapons you hold are pretty small so it seems like the static sprites didn't scale from the original resolution but the '3d' engine did and looks great.

I'm trying to take a screenshot for clarification but neither CaptureIt nor SnapScreen will take screenshots of Wolfenstein. They seem to work with everything else though, strange. Anyhow, I'll update if I manage to get a screenshot taken.

Update: Managed to get some screenshots using this program.
    Last edited by cmenglish; 02-04-09 at 02:03 PM.
    02-04-09 11:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD