So,

I had to download another policy that allows for "split pipes" which fixed the issue. However (even though I downloaded the latest version, I get the error "We were unable to connect to the server. Please verify your connection or try again later"

Damn.
    Last edited by fraunhofer; 11-11-08 at 08:27 PM.
    11-11-08 08:08 PM
    Sorry,

Scratch that again, I've tried about 10 stations and I finally got one to work (not sure why this one works but anyways), I'm guessing since my network is CDMA, the same problems Verizon subscribers are having would be the same as mine.

I got a few seconds of audio, then it stopped, then I got another 10 seconds or so of audio now its stopped again, looking at the phone theres still lots of data going in and out, seems its a buffering problem of some sort since I see its "re-trying" on the top where it says playing. Not to mention after I stop the stream I have to close the application and re-open it just to get the guide back, may be as a result of the beta, but i'm just trying to give some good feedback/info for any other canadian users.

May be my service area, but I'll try it again on my drive to Ottawa tomorrow.
    11-11-08 08:22 PM
    Still same result, any ideas guys?
    11-12-08 08:56 PM
    Hi everyone,

I've just adjusted my APN settings, but wheb I attempt to start flycast, it never starts. Just sit saying "initializing" I've uninstalled it, re-installed it and even did a battery pull but still no luck.

Any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-08 03:02 PM
    i tried the flycast link via e-mail..no result. any other thoughts ? will flycast permit AM streaming stations ( stock market shows ) ?
    11-17-08 04:23 PM
    i downloaded last week. worked for a couple tracks, never could get it back again. ended up uninstalling
    11-18-08 05:26 AM
    maybe I'm expecting too much from streaming radio but I'm not feeling this one either. I dL it twice- did all the permission stuff and still no streaming. Well for the ocassionally I'll get some music on my 8330 os .97 for 10 seconds if I luck up and connect with the right music genre/station. I'm uninstalling it -- I rather have something a lot more realiable... until then I'll listen to my own mp's or Sprint Radio
    11-18-08 11:17 AM
    1.25 is now available.
    11-18-08 03:24 PM
    Wow, this is cool
    11-18-08 03:38 PM
    Hi everyone,

I've just adjusted my APN settings, but wheb I attempt to start flycast, it never starts. Just sit saying "initializing" I've uninstalled it, re-installed it and even did a battery pull but still no luck.

Any ideas?

So have you had any luck on this? I have the exact same issue.
    11-23-08 03:03 PM
    maybe I'm expecting too much from streaming radio but I'm not feeling this one either. I dL it twice- did all the permission stuff and still no streaming. Well for the ocassionally I'll get some music on my 8330 os .97 for 10 seconds if I luck up and connect with the right music genre/station. I'm uninstalling it -- I rather have something a lot more realiable... until then I'll listen to my own mp's or Sprint Radio
    I just got my BB curve and I have found some reliable streaming options. XPlayer works, comes with pre-configured streams and you can add in your own and is free. I am trying out BerryTunes and might buy it because it supports radio and streaming podcasts. Moodio works too (you create an account and simply navigate to their site, select your station and it plays through media player. They also have stations that you can't normally stream (because the URL is hidden by a flash player) - like WFAN (great for this ex-New Yorker). I love the idea behind Flycast, but they released something that does not yet work (at least not on my curve).
    11-24-08 09:32 AM
    cant get mine to work.. I create account on the PC, get a validation email (click the link and says its validated) go to the program icon and press sign in, fill in the user/pass and hit the login button and it just sits there, all i can choose is the Cancel button...anyone have the same problem?
    On your Blackberry Storm go to Options > Advanced Options > Applications > Highlight the Flycast Application and then push the menu key and then select the Disable Compatibility Mode. I had the same problem as you and this fixed it for me and allowed FlyCast to behave like a Blackberry Storm application with support for portrait and landscape view mode and access to the QWERTY keyboad in landscape. Good luck.
    12-30-08 10:42 PM
    I like the app but it is very annoying that everytime I run it on my Curve I have to re-enter my userid and password and save the network settings again. Why doesn't the app save all this info?
    01-08-09 02:31 PM
    I have the same issue... never gets past "initializing..."

Have reinstalled, battery pull, reset permissions but no go :-(

I have other apps using TCP that work so I looks like a FlyCast issue...

Shame.
    01-08-09 03:03 PM
    Just down loaded this and it's awesome!! Works fine in the uk!

01-09-09 03:57 AM
    Slacker Radio for BlackBerry has just been released. It's quite a memory hog, but it works very nicely. Don't seem to have the lockup problems I had with FlyCast.

01-09-09 11:49 AM
    Slacker Radio for BlackBerry has just been released. It's quite a memory hog, but it works very nicely.
    Couldn't agree more... I love the app, BUT they need to work on the memory suck and asap!
    01-09-09 12:44 PM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD