Is it possible that someone could create a 3rd party app where you wouldn't need to click down on the screen to actually select something. The Opera Mobile browser on the storm doesn't require a click, so would it be possible to do it for the whole phone?
    11-25-08 09:16 PM
    Like said before, buy the iPhone.
    11-25-08 09:19 PM
    Why would I buy the I-Phone??? The I-phone sucks!
    11-25-08 09:22 PM
    Not possible. The click is produced mechanically. See the link below and you will see what I am talking about.

http://crackberry.com/inside-blackberry-storm
    11-25-08 09:26 PM
    Why would I buy the I-Phone??? The I-phone sucks!
    No it doesn't. But anyways, it may be possible. Would have to create an app that runs in the background and somehow change the clicking necessity to just touch for every 3rd party/native app. I wouldn't expect an app like this too soon, if it is even made.
    11-25-08 09:27 PM
    Not possible. The click is produced mechanically. See the link below and you will see what I am talking about.

Inside the BlackBerry Storm! | CrackBerry.com
    Well there you go. I guess it isn't possible.
    11-25-08 09:27 PM
    You can make a 3rd party app that doesnt require the click. The API supports multi touch.. you just have to impliment it.
    11-25-08 09:33 PM
    Well I would have to think if Opera could do it without trying, anything would be possible..hopefully they will make bigger boxes with whatever that app may be, because I have a hard time getting those little opera ones to do what I want sometimes
    11-25-08 09:37 PM
    Who knows what the future holds, but RIM, or 3rd party just might do it. Doesn't matter to me either way, I love this bb.
    11-25-08 09:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD