PictureID is the ultimate full screen picture callerID application. With full screen picture caller ID you can easily identify the caller. Assign different picture ID for different contacts. You can also assign a custom picture for caller�s who do not have caller ID information or blocked callers. PictureID can display the caller�s city location using the North America Area Code database.

Supports JPG, GIF and PNG in main memory and SD Card.

For: BlackBerry 8800 series, 8700 series, Pearl, Curve and Bold.

Click HERE to download the trial version and full details
    07-11-08 11:32 AM
    Sounds interesting. I know a lot of people have been wanting this.
    07-11-08 11:34 AM
    I'd be more apt to use it if it were free. I'm not too bent on the fact that the caller ID picture doesn't fill the screen.
    07-11-08 11:42 AM
    I seem to remember some forum on this product or a similar one that had talked about a problem/confusion when there was many area codes in a small area and may even affect your contacts. Area overlaps and contact info overrides.

Just wondering if this is a concern or has been rectified.

Out here in the lonesome prairie it may not be a problem with one area code, what would NY be like.

I'll try and find the thread where it's been discussed before. Has to be on CB somewhere.
    07-11-08 11:47 AM
    I seem to remember some forum on this product or a similar one that had talked about a problem/confusion when there was many area codes in a small area and may even affect your contacts. Area overlaps and contact info overrides.

Just wondering if this is a concern or has been rectified.

Out here in the lonesome prairie it may not be a problem with one area code, what would NY be like.

I'll try and find the thread where it's been discussed before. Has to be on CB somewhere.
    there may be problems with some area codes that overlaps.
    In Alberta we are getting a new area so if someone calls you from another city within Alberta it will just show calling from Alberta which does not give you the exact location. This isnt the PicID's fault but how the area code works. It's very limited.
    07-11-08 11:53 AM
    The try link isn't working for me on the site.
    07-11-08 02:29 PM
    Scratch that.. its now working.. you must have been doing something.
    07-11-08 02:30 PM
    I'm going to give the trial versio ago....see whats different from the original demo version.
    07-11-08 03:02 PM
    Seems like it has a lot of interesting features and many members have been requesting full screen picture ID! I might have to give this a try, but I am not in enough of a need to dish out 10 bucks on it! (Sorry, not putting down the app... but I am not needing it that bad )
    07-11-08 03:47 PM
    Can it use the contacts photo or do we have to maintain the photo's independently?
    07-11-08 04:43 PM
    Can it use the contacts photo or do we have to maintain the photo's independently?
    you cant use the contacts photo because they are not full screen. it doesnt make sense if you still use the contacts. you will have to select a pic from main memory or sd card.
    07-11-08 05:56 PM
    do you really have to re-enter all the contact info in order to have the full screen pic? anybody out there know a shortcut around this?
    07-11-08 06:14 PM
    Here is the new beta 1.0.3

Changes
    ----------

1. added resize to fit screen in the Prefs. also if the image is greater than the physical screen size then PictureID will automatically resize the pic to fit the screen. Note: if the picture is very large it will take time to resize. this will delay the ringtone. We have tested pictures from 300K to 3meg in size on the sd card. you wouldnt want to resize a 2meg pic. pictures from 300K to 500K works fine and shows no delay.

2. modified the file browser to remember the last path.

3. minor fix if the caller disconnects or your ignore the call.

here is the OTA version http://www.toysoft.ca/beta/PictureID.jad
    07-12-08 12:46 PM
    In call log it shows up unknown number. Don't see anything about picture resize in preferences.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-08 02:30 AM
    - Added support for SD card pictures
    - Added thumbnail support in the Browser and on the main screen
    - Added preview picture in the Browser screen
    - Added Resize to fit screen checkbox in the Preferences. If the picture is larger
    than the physical screen size then pictureID will resize to fit the screen when displaying
    the caller picture
    - Added Enable thumbnail preview checkbox in the Preferences
    - Added picture thumbnail when you edit or create a new pictureID
    - Added support for call waiting. Picture will now be displayed
    - Added Delete Thumbnail cache to the main screen menu

- Modified the Global PictureID. If you do not assigna a picture then the
    default call screen will be used
    - Modified the file browser. Thumbnails are now cached. If you do not want
    the cache then goto the Preferences and uncheck "Enable thumbnail preview"
    the thumbnail uses main memory. If you low on memory then don't use this feature

- Fixed the bug when doing a contact lookup. Before phone numbers with spaces are
    incorrectly validated.
    - Fixed the bug for call waiting. Before when you hangup the second call the first
    call also is terminated

Click here Picture ID
    07-17-08 09:47 AM
    Another pay-for app that should be free--awesome.
    07-17-08 09:54 AM
    I just installed this program, and I must say I like it. However, the only gripe I have with it is that the area code database is WAY off. Is there anyway to fix this?
    07-18-08 08:26 AM
    I just installed this program, and I must say I like it. However, the only gripe I have with it is that the area code database is WAY off. Is there anyway to fix this?
    the area code isnt very accurate because large cities share the same code. which area code are you having problems with?
    07-18-08 09:04 AM
    Delaware and Maryland codes. All rural area codes, but it shows only the nearest city....like large city. I am in lower Delaware and any DE area code put it, it immediately shows Wilmington, DE. Same with MD. Eastern Shore area codes default to Baltimore??? Has to be some kind of glitch cause I know the national database has to be more accurate than that
    07-18-08 09:11 AM
    Delaware and Maryland codes. All rural area codes, but it shows only the nearest city....like large city. I am in lower Delaware and any DE area code put it, it immediately shows Wilmington, DE. Same with MD. Eastern Shore area codes default to Baltimore??? Has to be some kind of glitch cause I know the national database has to be more accurate than that
    picID internally database has area 302 -Wilmington, DE
    07-18-08 10:32 AM
    New beta has been posted.

Changes
    ---------

- Better compatibility
    - Added option to close the Missed Call screen. If missed call screen is displayed PicID will not show the picture
    - Added option to show caller ID number
    - Added Color font. Currently only one font. More will be added
    - Fixed the call log. Now very call is logged

OTA download http://www.toysoft.ca/beta/PictureID.jad or visit our website Toysoft Website
    08-05-08 10:59 AM
    anyone get the trial version to work ? installed it but does not work...
    08-05-08 03:16 PM
    anyone get the trial version to work ? installed it but does not work...
    which model do you have? did you assign any pictures to the global pictureID or added any custom filters?
    08-05-08 07:06 PM
    8330 curve from alltel. I assigned photos but it stil comes up like before no pic and just the number.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-08 09:08 PM
    here is the latest pictureID 1.2.

changes
    ---------

- fixed the problem with 2 calls. if you had close missed call screen then sometimes both calls will terminate if you end the call. this happens only when you dial a person and then you received a 2nd call

- added ringtone support. edit the picid and scroll down to the bottom to pick the ringtone. you will need to do the following for each contact that you want to assign a ringtone

- run the Contacts app
    - edit the contact and select Add custom ringtone
    - set the contact ringtone to MUTE. this is needed so that the system wont play the contacts ringtone and let picID handle it
    - you should select a long ringtone since PicID does not repeat the ringtone. personally i use a mp3

why add ringtone support? because i hate the 2 seconds wait before the ringtone starts. very annoying.

here is the OTA install http://www.toysoft.ca/bb/PictureID.jad
    08-18-08 01:01 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD