Can I Install Fring In My Blackberry 8320 ?

Thanks In Advance
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 06-15-09 at 01:55 AM. Reason: Corrected phone model
    05-20-08 03:52 AM
    As far as I know Fring is not offered on the Blackberry/RIM OS

I use Google Talk. The service is free.
    I've never used Fring but some friends of mine seem to like it.
    I communicate with them all the time np.
    05-21-08 02:26 PM
    I've just been informed that Barablu, a Fring competitor, offers downloads for Blackberry/RIM OS

I have not used this service, or know of anyone using their service, but it seems to be reputable as far as I can tell. I will download it soon and report back after I played with it a little.

Also Free,

What I do know
    Fring was developed in France and has won several awards.

Barablu came later and is popular in UK. They offer virtual phone #'s for aprox $31.00 USD / year. This allows anyone to call your voip tel no.
    to call a land line from Barablu, cost is $0.01 /min using your data plan.
    no charge to call another voip # like Skype, MSN Messenger, Google Talk, ICQ, SIP, Twitter, Yahoo! and AIM

Beware that a 15 min call will use 2 MB of data. this is np if you have unlimited data plan. Some people pay per KB and there is 1024 KB per 1 MB
    05-22-08 09:18 AM
    they only have older BB's listed - will it work with Bold?
    12-08-08 12:53 PM
    well, if someone wants to use Fring for Skype, go for iskoot, it's compatible with bb & you can make/receive skype calls via the iskoot (but they are chargeable)

i downloaded it from the following location :
    hxxp://www.iskoot.com/register/download?SID&u=485345&dId=BlackBerry_9000&cert=0&L ocation=
    Last edited by abhinavsg; 06-15-09 at 02:40 AM.
    06-15-09 01:51 AM
    I just tried barablu twice and it does not work... at least it did not work for me.
    08-19-09 04:04 PM
    If you're in the U.S. or one of about a dozen other countries, that is. Works great!
    I tried iSkoot and it worked at first, with bad sound quality, then it quit connecting at all. But Skype for mobile -- so far, so good!
    08-21-09 01:15 AM
    If you're in the U.S. or one of about a dozen other countries, that is. Works great!
    I tried iSkoot and it worked at first, with bad sound quality, then it quit connecting at all. But Skype for mobile -- so far, so good!
    Unfortunately unable to download>> >. "Sorry, SKype is unavailable for your mobile... "

Perhaps its because I'm running 5.0.0.190.. . I"m running across these messages continuously since Ver5.x

I'm open for any & all suggestions
    09-20-09 06:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD