How many of you use services such as loopt, Google latitude or Buddy Beacon? Do you like it? Do many people you know use it? Share your experiences.
    05-19-09 12:04 AM
    I use latitude which is part of the latest version of google maps every once in a while. I find that it comes in handy when I want to know where my friends are or when I want them to know I'm currently located. I also like that you can control who sees your location and you can have your location based off gps or you can manually set it. I currently have 8 friends on it and hasn't failed yet for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 12:30 AM
    I use loopt currently, the google latitude is news to me I'm gonna check it out.

07-15-09 07:48 PM
    I'm using google latitude. I like it, but just wish more of my friends used it.
    07-15-09 07:50 PM
    Loopt intersts me. but they don't support USCC yet. Seems like more people are on there, since more phones support Loopt.

Has Google Maps added Lattitude to iPhones yet? Last time I checked, it didn't, so my iPhone friends are not on there (they are on Loopt).
    07-15-09 08:29 PM
    Latatude is great. My wyfie worked about 15 miles away while I'm sick @ home & Glat helped me track her in case of trouble & vice versa

07-15-09 08:52 PM
    I'm using Latitude, it's useful when you're waiting friends for lunch and need to know where they are, close of far.
    You can protect where you are too, so it's stalker proof
    07-15-09 09:59 PM
    I use latitude which is part of the latest version of google maps every once in a while. I find that it comes in handy when I want to know where my friends are or when I want them to know I'm currently located. I also like that you can control who sees your location and you can have your location based off gps or you can manually set it. I currently have 8 friends on it and hasn't failed yet for me.

I can't use latitude because I have a verizon 8330 and my gps must be locked because anytime I try and locate myself it only shows my approximate location ( within 1800 meters usually) I heard about loopt and thought my problems were answered but loopt doesn't pick me up at all but it works on the gf's envy! The only thing that seems to work using my gps is the bb maps. So I gues until vzw unlocks my gps or bb maps makes a location sharing app for bb maps, I am out the "loopt"!
    09-03-09 07:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD