ok so i added 3 different weather apps that i got from here, and it seems that they work fine, but it freezes my phone, Its working all good and i grab it to make a call or txt and the meter glass its just moving and moving, I wait for a while and nothing, so i have to do a batt pull! I un installed and re installed all 3 of the diiferent ones, but of corse one at a time. I still have more that 6m in memory i thought it was my phone i exchange it and same thing.. Please help. lol i use bbweather, bug and eye. (Trying to stay in the free ones) Any help will be GOOD! Thanks
    12-13-09 09:44 PM
    Why so many weather apps? I only use 1.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-09 10:22 PM
    They may be conflighting with each other or even updating from same site.... use one.
    12-14-09 08:54 AM
    it seems that they work fine, but it freezes my phone
    If your phone is freezing up, then they are not working "fine"...

I still have more that 6m in memory
    By "6m in memory" do you mean 6MB of free memory? If that's the case you are WAY under, pardon the pun, the curve. Click the link below for memory resolution issues...
    How to free up memory on your BlackBerry

You've got 3 programs of the same type running and getting information simultaneously, possibly conflicting with each other, and you wonder why it's freezing up? Really?
    But my immediate question is what the **** do you need 3 weather programs for???

Any help will be GOOD! Thanks
    You want some help?
    Follow the instructions in the link I posted above, keep BBWeather, delete WeatherBug, delete WeatherEye, remember your Curve is "just" a phone and not a desktop computer hooked to a cable line, and you'll be golden...

Jack
    12-14-09 09:44 AM
    After trying several weather apps I settled on BBWeather. One of the features is that you can "close" the page and the app continues to run in the background, updating your icon with current conditions or you can "exit" the app all together. As previously stated, you might have conflicting programs causing problems for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-09 10:22 AM
    If your phone is freezing up, then they are not working "fine"...

By "6m in memory" do you mean 6MB of free memory? If that's the case you are WAY under, pardon the pun, the curve. Click the link below for memory resolution issues...
    How to free up memory on your BlackBerry

You've got 3 programs of the same type running and getting information simultaneously, possibly conflicting with each other, and you wonder why it's freezing up? Really?
    But my immediate question is what the **** do you need 3 weather programs for???

You want some help?
    Follow the instructions in the link I posted above, keep BBWeather, delete WeatherBug, delete WeatherEye, remember your Curve is "just" a phone and not a desktop computer hooked to a cable line, and you'll be golden...

Jack
    Good catch I completely missed the 6m of memory... under 10 it has problems I seem to worry under 19m on mine..
    12-14-09 11:21 AM
    sorry for the cunfusion, what i meant its that i tried all off the 3 app, but 1 at a time, i deleted it and tried the other one , and so on, i didnt have all 3 at the same time SORRY for the cunfusion.. but i dont have any weather app now,

What i notice is that after a battery pull im around 6mb and after about half a day im at 0,

my 3rd party apps are the following
    facebook
    myspace
    google talk im
    yahoo im
    msn im
    google voice
    google map
    gmail
    urbittwiter
    I dont have all of them open or runnig at the same time but is it alot of apps?? i will check the link you guys gave me. thanks for all the info!!!! newbie you know lol
    ps

i battery pull every other day, clean my messages everyother day, pic,vids,songs on my memory card,also delete web history and cookies aswell THANKS AGAIN!
    Last edited by nlsuelo13; 12-21-09 at 09:32 PM.
    12-21-09 09:25 PM
    Hey, we were all BB newbies once so no worries, lol.

Wow. That is one heck of a memory leak! Are you SURE you don't have some running simultaneously, or that you are closing them out and not simply exiting them? If you are only hitting the red phone key, then they are still open.
    Hold ALT + back button to view your open/running apps.
    I have a ton of apps as well, more than you have, but I only have 7 or 8 running at all times. After a battery pull, I'm at around 21.
    Call Log, Browser, Home Screen, Messages, and BlackBerry Messenger cannot be shut off/closed out so anything else is still running in the background.

Hold ALT + back, and let us know what's up.

Jack
    Last edited by zx7rou812; 12-22-09 at 10:08 AM.
    12-21-09 10:38 PM
    sorry for the cunfusion, what i meant its that i tried all off the 3 app, but 1 at a time, i deleted it and tried the other one , and so on, i didnt have all 3 at the same time SORRY for the cunfusion.. but i dont have any weather app now,

What i notice is that after a battery pull im around 6mb and after about half a day im at 0,

my 3rd party apps are the following
    facebook
    myspace
    google talk im
    yahoo im
    msn im
    google voice
    google map
    gmail
    urbittwiter
    I dont have all of them open or runnig at the same time but is it alot of apps?? i will check the link you guys gave me. thanks for all the info!!!! newbie you know lol
    ps

i battery pull every other day, clean my messages everyother day, pic,vids,songs on my memory card,also delete web history and cookies aswell THANKS AGAIN!
    Has it always been like you described above ? (as far as your low memory and freezing on weather app) since you had your phone . Has this just started recently?
    I have 7 apps and still have 38908710 of bytes in free file while it varies tho the day I dont think I ever saw it below 32000000 of bytes.
    12-22-09 05:26 AM
    it was like that with a other phone that i had, tmobile exchange it,they thought it was the phone. I deleted most of the items discribe on the link that was posted, i push alt and back and a box with the applications comes up but it goes away when i let go, its this normal? i cant scroll when im holding it ? THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL THE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!deleted items , bb messenger, task, documents,the game, ect ect..
    12-22-09 05:04 PM
    Press alt and the back key, continue to hold alt and you can scroll through them. Or in the app screen, menu,switch apps and it shows what is open...
    12-22-09 05:09 PM
    Call Log, Browser, Home Screen, Messages, yahoo im, google talk. are the ones that were open. i just got off the phone with them and a replacment is on the way. (2nd one) lol. Should i download all my apps again only from blackberry only? i googled and found some apps there and downloaded some other apps from different websites. maybe a bad app? AGAIN THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    12-22-09 10:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD