The wife and I both have storms. Mine with no probs hers is a diff story.
    We have both downloaded a few themes from here and she has tried a few games.
    Problem is that now after deleting the apps she still has no app memory.
    She has rebooted and also done battery pulls but it still reads zero.
    So for those who are geniuses with the storm what can we do?

Thanks
    Nate
    03-28-09 04:39 PM
    try clearing your browser cache and run memory cleaner. then do another battery pull
    03-28-09 05:28 PM

Thanks
    Nate
    Be careful about theme. Some of them can be memory hog. You said she has uninstalled some apps, but has she uninstalled the theme as well?

Make sure you move as many icons as possible from the home screen into a folder. It frees up a lot of app memories. Also, make sure nothing is running in the background and no app is making auto update or something like that.

Then do a memory cleanup and battery pull. Hope this helps.
    03-28-09 06:10 PM
    Be careful about theme. Some of them can be memory hog. You said she has uninstalled some apps, but has she uninstalled the theme as well?

Make sure you move as many icons as possible from the home screen into a folder. It frees up a lot of app memories. Also, make sure nothing is running in the background and no app is making auto update or something like that.

Then do a memory cleanup and battery pull. Hope this helps.
    How does moving icons from desktop into folder save memory? Have you performed this operation with success? I mean, it's all application space, right?

To the OP - as much extra garbage as possible should be removed. If she's got applications she doesn't use - delete them. I did something similar in the beginning and got a big boost in performance.
    03-28-09 06:43 PM

Thanks
    Nate
    You may just have to play with it and see which apps are memory hogs. I have Ap news, espn, poynt, and mobile banking with no problems. Themes are HUGE memory hugs. Believe me I know. I deleted them all and my storm is running so much smoother with app memory steady at around 35-28mb. OS 113 is a huge improvement too.
    03-28-09 07:41 PM
    How does moving icons from desktop into folder save memory? Have you performed this operation with success? I mean, it's all application space, right?

To the OP - as much extra garbage as possible should be removed. If she's got applications she doesn't use - delete them. I did something similar in the beginning and got a big boost in performance.
    It takes app memories to display all those icon on the home screen. The less icons you have, the less app memories it consumes. App memories is like RAM on the computers. And yes, I have done that, as well as many of the Storm users on this forum (actually I learned this trick from the users on this forum). I think you might be confused between app memories and device memories (and it is not a frame).
    03-28-09 07:50 PM
    app memory reading zero after a batt pull? i would look into a wipe and reinstall. if mine gets in the mid 30's im doing a pull

edit: you didnt mention which OS you are running not that it should read zero with any of them
    03-28-09 08:06 PM
    Jesus a battery pull in the mid 30s? Guys the memory is there to be used. There shouldn't be any slow down or performance issues unless you're down to just a few Megs and even then you probably won't have any issues. People obsess about their app memory way too much here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-09 08:37 PM
    Memory is the key!
    03-28-09 09:58 PM
    113 os is killing my memory I'm at 15 it sucks hope we get os leak soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-09 10:07 PM
    Thanks for all of the quick replies ppl. We are still running .75 and after the mem cleaner and a pull she jumped up to 28.
    Yea we are still noobs with the storms. Actually its the first bb either of us has had.

Thanks
    Nate
    03-28-09 10:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD