So, like all Blackberry users, looked on the App Store and saw my "freebies"......

erm

Bubblebash 2 (rating of 2.5 stars)
    DriveSafe.ly Pro (rating of 2.5 stars)

Now I can't check if this is phone-native, but on my 9810, and Wifey's 9800, this is ALL that comes up. Where's the rest, and will they be better quality than these??

I can only assume/hope that they'll be adding further apps to this woeful pair.....

Sounds ungrateful? Probably. I'll get over that.

What would have made better sense is to release ALL the "freebie/"thanks"/"sorry" apps at the same time. Surely.

I'm not someone who is on a constant downer with RIM, but this is a face-palm moment. First impressions last, and this isn't a good one.

<shakes head slowly>
    10-23-11 03:36 AM
    well call me silly but i assume that they didnt release them all at one time because they didnt want a whole bunch of people trying to download them at one time. Just a guess.
    10-23-11 04:19 AM
    It will become server overload just like it did for the iOS 5 update on the first day

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-11 04:21 AM
    I'm starting to think nobody actually read the press release from Rim, they will be adding them all by the end of november(if I remember correctly) and they'll be available to download for free by the end of december.

And yes, you do sound ungrateful, Rim doesn't make the apps, developers do, and they are usually expensive apps and you get them for free.

Jake Storm and Flattoe like this.
    10-23-11 05:17 AM
    What about any older bb users!!! No appworld support on my 8700g and i still had the same outage!! I'd rather half the value of the "offer" and have a free month!! 8 years of bb use and i've downloaded about 3 apps in total.
    10-23-11 05:59 AM
    What about any older bb users!!! No appworld support on my 8700g and i still had the same outage!! I'd rather half the value of the "offer" and have a free month!! 8 years of bb use and i've downloaded about 3 apps in total.
    man i really feel sad.................................
    NOT! I agree that they should let the people without app world support have a free month of data service.
    10-23-11 06:03 AM
    Also for the people who are cribbing about the apps not being out yet. The apps are going to come and go until December. By then all the apps would have been displayed for download

btw its my 500th post! Thanx CB
    10-23-11 06:04 AM
    The apps will be released from now until November and be available to download until December. There will definitely be more than 2 apps. Keep your chin up!
    10-23-11 07:00 AM
    Seems the path they are going is to release one every week or so. Not all at the same time.

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk
    10-23-11 08:09 AM
    these are the apps that will be released.

• SIMS 3 - Electronic Arts
    • Bejeweled - Electronic Arts
    • N.O.V.A. - Gameloft
    • Texas Hold’em Poker 2 - Gameloft
    • Bubble Bash 2 - Gameloft
    • Photo Editor Ultimate - Ice Cold Apps
    • DriveSafe.ly Pro - iSpeech.org
    • iSpeech Translator Pro - iSpeech.org
    • Drive Safe.ly Enterprise - iSpeech.org
    • Nobex Radio™ Premium - Nobex
    • Shazam Encore - Shazam
    • Vlingo Plus: Virtual Assistant - Vlingo

For my part, I downloaded the DriveSafe.ly app and nope, not for me. I'm waiting for Sims and Bejeweled as the rest does not interest me at all.
    I would have preffered say a gift card with whatever amount of money on it (10-20-50$) so that I can download an app of my chosing.
    10-23-11 08:56 AM
    these are the apps that will be released.

� SIMS 3 - Electronic Arts
    � Bejeweled - Electronic Arts
    � N.O.V.A. - Gameloft
    � Texas Hold�em Poker 2 - Gameloft
    � Bubble Bash 2 - Gameloft
    � Photo Editor Ultimate - Ice Cold Apps
    � DriveSafe.ly Pro - iSpeech.org
    � iSpeech Translator Pro - iSpeech.org
    � Drive Safe.ly Enterprise - iSpeech.org
    � Nobex Radio� Premium - Nobex
    � Shazam Encore - Shazam
    � Vlingo Plus: Virtual Assistant - Vlingo

For my part, I downloaded the DriveSafe.ly app and nope, not for me. I'm waiting for Sims and Bejeweled as the rest does not interest me at all.
    I would have preffered say a gift card with whatever amount of money on it (10-20-50$) so that I can download an app of my chosing.

More will be released they said, my advice download them and delete them even if you don't want them so they remain in your Appworld just in case you might want them later.
    10-23-11 09:03 AM
    Most of the people I know using a BB are on their company's dime. The outage was a day of peace and quiet. Anyone remember peace and quiet?

Sent from my real keyboard Torch using Tapatalk
    up488 likes this.
    10-23-11 11:48 AM
    I read the reviews for both these apps, drivesafe.ly and the bubble bash. Wow, not good. Imagine people paying for these apps and they don't work for them? Yeesh. Had to laugh at the OP's calling the apps "freebies/"thanks"/"sorry" apps lol
    And to answer one of the OP's questions - I don't think the app listings will be phone-native. You should be able to see all 10, even if they aren't usable on your device. Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone. We will see for sure when they release vlingo. Last time I checked, vlingo pro isn't available for the 9930. I paid 19(?) bucks for that one!
    10-23-11 12:00 PM
    Last time I checked, vlingo pro isn't available for the 9930. I paid 19(?) bucks for that one!
    i keep seeing people saying vlingo pro, its vlingo plus, jus had me confused an thought id clear that up.

also, as per Buy Vlingo Plus - Virtual Assistant - Download Vlingo Plus - Virtual Assistant - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World it says it IS 9900/9930 supported
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    10-23-11 12:18 PM
    Most of the people I know using a BB are on their company's dime. The outage was a day of peace and quiet. Anyone remember peace and quiet?

Sent from my real keyboard Torch using Tapatalk
    I for one actually enjoyed a day free of dings and vibrations! Can we have an outage once a week please?
    Wbrian likes this.
    10-23-11 12:28 PM
    i keep seeing people saying vlingo pro, its vlingo plus, jus had me confused an thought id clear that up.

also, as per Buy Vlingo Plus - Virtual Assistant - Download Vlingo Plus - Virtual Assistant - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World it says it IS 9900/9930 supported
    Yep. Both ARE compatible...

What I find amusing is how some say AppWorld can take a payment for an incompatible app, knowing that AppWorld does not allow a user to even see ANY incompatible apps on their handhelds in the first place to make such a payment.
    10-23-11 12:37 PM
    Yep. Both ARE compatible...

What I find amusing is how some say AppWorld can take a payment for an incompatible app, knowing that AppWorld does not allow a user to even see ANY incompatible apps on their handhelds in the first place to make such a payment.
    Gotta disagree with you there Brad... I always see incompatible apps for my 9930 on appworld. Especially themes. And as we all know, no themes are available for the 99xx series yet.
    In fact, I'm looking at a theme showing up on my phone (appworld) right now called "black out" with os 6 icons and in the review section, there's a review obviously written by someone with an imcompatible device (probably a 99xx) and he is the first review and its titled "Jacked" and he says he was ripped off, that the theme doesn't show up on his device.....hmm sound familiar?
    10-23-11 12:57 PM
    Gotta disagree with you there Brad... I always see incompatible apps for my 9930 on appworld. Especially themes. And as we all know, no themes are available for the 99xx series yet.
    In fact, I'm looking at a theme showing up on my phone (appworld) right now called "black out" with os 6 icons and in the review section, there's a review obviously written by someone with an imcompatible device (probably a 99xx) and he is the first review and its titled "Jacked" and he says he was ripped off, that the theme doesn't show up on his device.....hmm sound familiar?
    I disagree... Also I was not talking about a theme. I was speaking about DriveSafely.
    You did say DriveSafely, correct?

Please provide a link to this theme so I can be proven wrong. That's fine with me.
    I have searched for "Black Out" and "BlackOut" and I see only 1 theme named BlackOut by BB-Freaks, on my device or handheld. The 9930 is not supported, there are 8 icons, and there are no reviews for the theme whatsoever. Either on my handheld or PC. So I would like to see what you are seeing...

Buy BlackOut theme by BB-Freaks - Download BlackOut theme by BB-Freaks - Buy Themes from BlackBerry App World
    10-23-11 01:32 PM
    It will become server overload just like it did for the iOS 5 update on the first day

Lol I doubt that. These apps are tiny in comparison. If RIM had millions of users trying to download a 700+mb file then it would have quite possibly crashed their server.
    10-23-11 01:41 PM
    I also wanted to add...
    Why are all applications not accessible to all BlackBerry smartphone users?
    Vendors in BlackBerry App World have the ability to restrict the availability and visibility of their applications based on the following criteria:
    � BlackBerry smartphone model
    � BlackBerry Device Software version
    � Wireless service provider
    � Country
    � Language
    If an application does not appear on a BlackBerry smartphone, one or more of these criteria is not being met.

What happens if the paid application stored in My World is incompatible with a BlackBerry smartphone user's new BlackBerry smartphone?
    If a BlackBerry smartphone user switches to a new BlackBerry smartphone that does not support a purchased application, the application status in My World will read "Unavailable for this device" and the user will be unable to use the application.
    Should the vendor issue an upgrade for the new BlackBerry smartphone, the BlackBerry smartphone user will be notified in My World. Note: There might be an additional charge for installing the upgrade from the vendor.

A good read is here for those that want to see it...
    http://us.blackberry.com/support/Bla..._Questions.pdf
    10-23-11 01:58 PM
    Lol I doubt that.
    Sorry. It has already happened in the past. For AppWorld and BetaZone.
    That's why the staggering was instituted in the first place.
    And they were NOT 700mb files.

You can search for those outages if you choose to.
    10-23-11 02:04 PM
    Sorry. It has already happened in the past. For AppWorld and BetaZone.
    That's why the staggering was instituted in the first place.
    And they were NOT 700mb files.

You can search for those outages if you choose to.
    RIMs servers crashed from a betezone/appworld download? Well then I think it is time for RIM to get some new servers if their crashing from App downloads. How many people tried downloading them?

I don't remember the last time the AppStore or Android Market crashed from app downloads. I never experienced a crash while using AppWorld as well.
    10-23-11 02:10 PM
    It's a bit misleading to post the current star ratings - both were much higher before being free, and are getting poor reviews from people who wanted general App World credit, or who can't figure out what the Spanish for "New Game" is...
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    10-23-11 02:30 PM
    RIMs servers crashed from a betezone/appworld download?
    As I stated before... Yes.
    How many people tried downloading them?
    Millions obviously. To whomever it was available to. Just like now. I think that would do it.
    Here is a quick link I found from 2010 when RIM first released 2.0.
    And, that was the providing application for the applications. Lol.
    I wouldn't think it to be far fetched when users around the world are all trying to get it at the same time.
    BlackBerry Appworld 2.0 Beta is available! Get it (if the servers are back up) | BBHacker.com - BlackBerry Hacks, Tips & Tricks

Even earlier this year RIM had to do on-the-spot maintenance due to excessive downloads. There are more examples, but you get the gist.
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-app...oure-not-alone
    App World Down? Multiple Reports of Issues (Possible Maintenance?) - BerryReview

This happens sometimes when everyone is excited about something new being offered.

I don't remember the last time the AppStore or Android Market crashed from app downloads. I never experienced a crash while using AppWorld as well.
    I understand. Hey, maybe not from an application standpoint. But we're discussing BlackBerry devices on a BlackBerry site though. Maybe millions of users are not trying to get the same application at the same time? IDK. I hate getting into debates over other platforms on a BlackBerry site, but I think there were similar problems mentioned like the one with the AW2.0 release with the IOS5 release. I could be wrong though as I know absolutely NOTHING about these other devices. LOL.

Take care my friend.
    Last edited by MADBRADNYC; 10-23-11 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Spell Check.
    10-23-11 02:42 PM
    I understand. Hey, maybe not from an application standpoint. But we're discussing BlackBerry devices on a BlackBerry site though. Maybe millions of users are not trying to get the same application at the same time? IDK. I hate getting into debates over other platforms on a BlackBerry site, but I think there were similar problems mentioned like the one with the AW2.0 release with the IOS5 release. I could be wrong though as I know absolutely NOTHING about these other devices. LOL.

Take care my friend.
    I'm not trying to get into a debate, I just don't remember hearing about RIMs servers crashing because of App downloads.

Thanks for the information!
    10-23-11 02:57 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD