I have a question about the Wi-Fi server feature. I have it set to start whenever I launch FileScout. Is there a setting to have the host URL automatically displayed upon start as well?
    Nope - not automatically - you can only manually request to display the URL...

Actually I have to admit that I thought the "auto startup" mode would just be used by people who have fixed IP addresses in the office/at home... In any other case it would be anyhow quite dangerous to start the server in a WiFi environment that is "unknown"... since you don't know with which people you are starting to share your data...

Personally I only start the WiFi Server manually while I am at the office - and use the WLAN-based (SSID triggered) autostart mode when I am at home.
    09-17-12 11:17 AM
    Thanks. My laptop's internal IP changes every once in a while, so I thought I'd check.
    09-17-12 12:00 PM
    Thanks. My laptop's internal IP changes every once in a while, so I thought I'd check.
    when you talk about your home environment, then check the DHCP Server settings - you might like to adjust the max lease-time of an IP
    raino likes this.
    09-17-12 12:33 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD