Data Roaming with your BlackBerry can be very expensive when you are traveling abroad.
    But the BlackBerry can be configured to disable Data Roaming and the WiFi capability of the BlackBerry offers a good alternative to get high speed Internet access.

It is really astonishing how many nice small independent Cafes and Restaurants are offering free WiFi access.
    The new BlackBerry application Free WiFi Cafe Spots makes it easy to find them.
    It lists more than 14,000 Cafes and Restaurants with free WiFi in the United States, Canada, Europe and Australia.

The app Free WiFi Cafe Spots stores the locations of the Cafes and Restaurants on your BlackBerry,
    so that you can also find them when you are on the road and do not have an Internet connection.
    You can list all cafes near your current Geo location or select a City / Neighborhood by name or ZIP code.

Note: The app can also be used without internet access and without GPS.

The app Free WiFi Cafe Spots is available on the CrackBerry App Store.
    07-13-09 04:34 PM
    Data Roaming with your BlackBerry can be very expensive when you are traveling abroad.
    But the BlackBerry can be configured to disable Data Roaming and the WiFi capability of the BlackBerry offers a good alternative to get high speed Internet access.

It is really astonishing how many nice small independent Cafes and Restaurants are offering free WiFi access.
    The new BlackBerry application Free WiFi Cafe Spots makes it easy to find them.
    It lists more than 14,000 Cafes and Restaurants with free WiFi in the United States, Canada, Europe and Australia.

The app Free WiFi Cafe Spots stores the locations of the Cafes and Restaurants on your BlackBerry,
    so that you can also find them when you are on the road and do not have an Internet connection.
    You can list all cafes near your current Geo location or select a City / Neighborhood by name or ZIP code.

Note: The app can also be used without internet access and without GPS.

The app Free WiFi Cafe Spots is available on the CrackBerry App Store.
    Great post. Thanks for the info.

Just went to the CrackBerry Apps Store. This app does not have a free trial link. If you are the developer who designed this program, you might want to let people try it first. I've found that there are a lot of not so great programs out there and as a rule of thumb do not buy anything without seeing how it works first. I realize it's only .99 cents but .99 cents here and .99 cents there add up after awhile. The last program I tried here, "Leave it On" (a cool screen management program) allowed me to use it on a trial and I did for about 5 minutes and then immediately turned around and bought it because I could see that it would work well.

Lots of programs out there that don't deliver what they promise. If you want to sell this app, people need to be able to verify that it is something that works.

Just my recommendation.
    Last edited by berryite; 07-13-09 at 04:47 PM.
    07-13-09 04:40 PM
    Thank you very much for the recommendation.
    We were afraid that the trial option would be for many too complicated.
    Maybe we will offer a trial version when the $0.99 offer expires.
    07-15-09 12:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD