Does anyone know of a (hopefully free) weather app on the 9810 that will show animated radar like the free weather channel app does? I have tried the recent update to the weather channel app and the animated radar screen doesn't seem to work on the 9810 when you press A to animate the map. It worked great on my 9700. Anyone else having this problem? I press A and it just seems to blink and the rain doesn't move.
    09-27-11 10:29 AM
    On the Weather Channel app there is a blue button "options" on the lower right hand corner. One of the choices is "animate past" when I hit that I get the animated radar
    09-27-11 11:08 AM
    Does anyone know of a (hopefully free) weather app on the 9810 that will show animated radar like the free weather channel app does? I have tried the recent update to the weather channel app and the animated radar screen doesn't seem to work on the 9810 when you press A to animate the map. It worked great on my 9700. Anyone else having this problem? I press A and it just seems to blink and the rain doesn't move.
    Although I use the pay app BeWeather, you really don't need an app for animated radar -- a number of TV stations across the country have mobile sites that act as a user friendly shell for the animated radar maps on Weather Underground, and you can set up the animated radar for any location (not just the area of the TV station) and resize the radar maps to fit your screen. For example, clicking on this link in your 9810 browser will bring up a 480p wide animated radar map for NYC, even though the there is a Charlotte NC reference in the link (the TV station site) -- the zip code (here, 10003) controls.

Animated Radar

After clicking on the link above, just input your own zip code and change the size of the map if you want. Then click on Add to Home Screen in the BB menu and presto change-o, you have an animated radar "app" at your finger tips.
    elangley and slalom like this.
    09-27-11 11:14 AM
    Although I use the pay app BeWeather, you really don't need an app for animated radar -- a number of TV stations across the country have mobile sites that act as a user friendly shell for the animated radar maps on Weather Underground, and you can set up the animated radar for any location (not just the area of the TV station) and resize the radar maps to fit your screen. For example, clicking on this link in your 9810 browser will bring up a 480p wide animated radar map for NYC, even though the there is a Charlotte NC reference in the link (the TV station site) -- the zip code (here, 10003) controls.

Animated Radar

After clicking on the link above, just input your own zip code and change the size of the map if you want. Then click on Add to Home Screen in the BB menu and presto change-o, you have an animated radar "app" at your finger tips.
    Perfect! I like this a lot better than navigating through the cumbersome Weather Channel app - now it is 1 click animated radar.
    09-27-11 11:42 AM
    I second JasW's method. I use this one(which is nearly the same but it is a choice if the other one is having troubles):
    Animated Radar
    elangley likes this.
    09-27-11 12:25 PM
    If you really want to get into it, browse to any of these sites on your PC, set it up for your zip code, then right click on the radar map and select View Image (in Firefox or Show Picture in IE). You can then tweak the URL in the address bar of your browser to change the number of images in the loop ("num="), how fast the images are cycled in the loop ("delay="), how wide in miles the area is that you are looking at ("radius="), of course the height and width (ideally set to 640 and 480, respectively, for the 9810), etc., etc. Then email the URL you just tweaked to your 9810, click on it, and save it as your radar app.
    elangley likes this.
    09-27-11 12:36 PM
    Another good site is:
    mobile.wunderground.com

Again, enter your zip and select any of the weather options you'd like to view.
    09-27-11 02:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD